Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 09:49 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The text you quoted, as of right now, is 100% fact. If it later turns out that motives are known, or a manifesto is found, that will change everything, but as of now, there is no judgement, only fact.

So tell us, what is the double-standard? How did anyone go low?

Facts are that the El Paso Shooter stated his motives clearly, and the Dayton shooter did not. What are you disputing?
The shooter "clearly" stated that he was motivated to kill because Donald Trump told him to? Where is that in his manifesto?

What we have is reprehensible people interpreting the manifesto and this whackjob's mental state to further a political narrative and agenda. All before the bodies were even room temperature. Do you see how really sick and disgusting it is? I'm guessing no since you persist in doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 09:51 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
What do you want them to say?

The police still have no clue nor any leads as to why he fired on all those people and killed his sister. Did he want to kill her and shot up the rest for cover, was it an accidental shooting.

Many of us learned a hard lesson with the kid on the Mall and the NA guy. I'll comment when there is something to comment on.
He may or may not have been aware he shot his sister.

His motivation remains unknown.

Old 08-07-2019, 09:51 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Nothing remotely suggests Dayton shooter targeted black people.
right, nothing at all. except the fact that he shot them dead with a gun.

Old 08-07-2019, 09:53 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
What do you want them to say?

The police still have no clue nor any leads as to why he fired on all those people and killed his sister. Did he want to kill her and shot up the rest for cover, was it an accidental shooting.

Many of us learned a hard lesson with the kid on the Mall and the NA guy. I'll comment when there is something to comment on.

hwo do you "accidentally" fire off 41 rounds and kill nine people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The difference between El Paso and Dayton, even if the Dayton guy was a "fan" of Warren, at no time and no where did Warren incite him to hate a certain demographic. I haven't seen any rallies or speeches where she castigates those who are "other."

there is no difference between either killer. they BOTH went on a cold blooded killing rampage, and between them killed 31 people. make all the excuses you want, but the reality is that both went out and committed a total of 31 counts of cold blooded first degree murder. neither shooter was a fan of trump.

but with all the mass shootings in this country over the last twenty years, why is trump the only one being blamed? there were several mass shootings during the clinton, bush 43, and obama years, and NONE of those presidents were blamed at all. and obama made plenty of divisive remarks over his term in office.

lets stop blaming other people for the actions a couple of deranged individuals. we are never going to get anywhere blaming guns, or the improper use of those guns, the guns, or on trump, or anyone else not involved in doing the actual shooting.

how many red flags were thrown up by these shooters over the years that were basically ignored?

Old 08-07-2019, 09:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wow. You are making value judgments on a mass murderer.

i.e. It's a hypocritical double standard. I can't believe how low Democrats will go in their constant endless derangement over Trump.
I am not a Democrat and TDS includes those who blindly blame Trump for everything AND those who blindly defend Trump, against everything.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:04 AM

16,082 posts, read 10,744,030 times
You poor saps will do anything to try to deflect blame from Trump including constructing a fake scenario of a "Leftist Shooter". The Dayton shooter's action was not political (regardless of the right-wingers' thoughts and prayers that it was). He did not publish a political manifesto. He was a nutjob. He was seen on security cameras with his sister in a bar just an hour before he shot her and others. The fact that he liked Elizabeth Warren has nothing to do with the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
not known, but he was a huge fan of elizabth warren though.
Which means nothing at all. Warren has a lot of supporters and she doesn't spew out hateful rhetoric aimed at minorities or immigrants at every public rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wow. You are making value judgments on a mass murderer.

i.e. It's a hypocritical double standard. I can't believe how low Democrats will go in their constant endless derangement over Trump.
Oh please. The derangement is all yours if you are trying to invent a crazed leftist shooter where one doesn't exist. That's simply a feeble ploy to protect Trump. I guess the Trumpers figure if you make up a story and repeat it over and over it becomes real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Of course they’re ignoring, even hiding his ideology, because it is their ideology. The Dayton shooting was as much warrens fault as elPaso was trumps.
It is good that you recognize Trump's responsibility for the El Paso shootings. I congratulate you on that understanding. Too bad (for you) Waren doesn't have a role in the Dayton shootings.

But still, the conspiracy theory begins. The "leftists" somehow identified this guy in Dayton and scurried in to scrub his history and internet postings of any political manifestos or tirades. They must have superpowers or a teeming bank of computer hackers hidden away in an undisclosed location poised to scrub the record of any damaging internet posts. Oops, they forgot to scrub the Elizabeth Warren stuff.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:09 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
both shooters lean left and were progressive, no surprise.

Either way the only one responsible was the shooter himself in each case.
MSM and most liberals solely blame Trump and ANYONE that voted for him for these shootings.

Pretty ridiculous huh? Well, the left does have severe TDS and violent tendencies. So there it is.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:10 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I wonder how Trump will respond to all the protestors there on site in Dayton. Donald Trump is not used to being in front of crowds that do not like him.

The only time Trump usually speaks away from the WH is some pre-planned event or one of his rallies, both of which are full of his supporters.

Watching it live now, there are thousands of people there in Dayton, most of which are not fans of his. I doubt Trump will address the crowd formally, but mostly just walk around and shake hands and talk to people. I'm sure all the anti-Trump signs and people yelling will annoy him.
Trump might have been smarter to go back to the Florida ("shoot them") panhandle. They love him there.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:14 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,855 times
Is white nationalism going to lead to the holocaust again like in the Hitler era? Fearful of many more mass shootings similar to El Paso. ALL of them need to be stopped now!

Old 08-07-2019, 10:16 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
not known, but he was a huge fan of elizabth warren though.
And so what? Elizabeth doesn't incite violence. She doesn't mock or defame minorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies