Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 06:39 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times

Advertisements

All bars should be gun free zones. I’d drink to that. We need stricter gun laws because some loon would abide by them like they do in most democratic run cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 06:39 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Throw in Adderall and other ADHD Meds we're giving them when their 9 years old.

Bet the 21yo in El Paso who is a College kid had done his share of Adderall and other Meds.
If true, you support their unlimited access to firearms and ammunition???

Old 08-04-2019, 06:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
All bars should be gun free zones. I’d drink to that. We need stricter gun laws because some loon would abide by them like they do in most democratic run cities.
Works on airplanes.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:40 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,602,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Should that be an excuse to kill and maim innocent people? I, for one am sick of excuses, something more needs to be done. You can't go out in our country, without the possibility of not coming home? Does sound like a war zone.
its NOT an excuse but an explanation...i am 63 have never owned or even used a firearm..was raised in the city and see no need for owning a weapon..i personalty wouldn't care if ALL guns were rounded up

however i can understand those wanting hunting weapons and such, and would not push my view on anyone..
i am pondering "outside the box" reasons for our shootings..for instance "urban renewal" and the building of the interstate system destroyed many neighborhoods with their immeasurable community ties..

and i think of the study's involving rats that are crowded together making the rats fight eachother

Old 08-04-2019, 06:45 AM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The well regulated militia strikes again.
Quotes like this is exactly why I believe these are all planned attacks by the deep state to manipulate people like you into turning in your defense. And when the guns are finally gone and the deep state unfurls their true plans of a dictatorship, don't say I didn't warn you!

Old 08-04-2019, 06:46 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
We have so many mass shootings in the US if something isn't going to be done it will affect either us or someone we know.
Gun violence hit me in 1992, when my husband’s best friend was shot dead on Broadway in SF. The boys were all out for a bachelor party that night, minding their own business, hanging out at a nudie club. John went outside for a cigarette at the same moment Chinese gang members were chasing a man down the street. John tried to break it up; he was shot point blank in the head and chest and died in my husband’s lap before the police even showed up. They were both 24 years old.

October 25, 1992. That’s the day I learned that life can be very, very ugly.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:47 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
its NOT an excuse but an explanation...i am 63 have never owned or even used a firearm..was raised in the city and see no need for owning a weapon..i personalty wouldn't care if ALL guns were rounded up

however i can understand those wanting hunting weapons and such, and would not push my view on anyone..
i am pondering "outside the box" reasons for our shootings..for instance "urban renewal" and the building of the interstate system destroyed many neighborhoods with their immeasurable community ties..

and i think of the study's involving rats that are crowded together making the rats fight each other
when are liberals gonna stop beating around the bush with "new" gun laws and call for restrictions on who can own weapons? Many of them would agree that's what's needed. Have a need for a weapon? Prove it, submit paperwork to the government and become licensed. No credible need for guns? You can't have one.

how's that? Can the DNC get behind that?

Old 08-04-2019, 06:48 AM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Works on airplanes.
Funny, the 9/11 terrorists didn't need guns at all to kill people with simple box cutters, hijack the planes and use them as weapons to kill 2996 people within 30 minutes.

9,576 posts, read 7,341,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Works on airplanes.
I guess we'll be expanding TSA screening to all 62,000 bars throughout the US!

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
SSDI meds
Did you mean SSRI meds? Possibly, have you seen any tracking of SSRI drugs in mass shooters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies