Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 03:48 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Maybe responsible gun owners, and especially those who scream out for their second amendment rights, should pull out the guns they are carrying and actually do something to thwart a mass shooting in progress. Maybe try to save a life. It seems gun owners are hypocritical, fighting for something they won’t uphold in an instance of need. I rarely if ever hear about a bystander saving the day with a gun. It’s always bad news. So no one in the El Paso Walmart in an open carry state had a gun?
They are afraid the police will shoot anyone who is armed and most times they do.

Old 08-04-2019, 03:48 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
But, the BIG question, Pedro, is, do we need assault weapons with multiple round drum magazines to do that ? I am a pretty good shot, have service metals to prove it, and I have no problem with owning SENSIBLE weaponry. Where I draw the line is you or me owning a gun that spews out hundreds of rounds of ammunition in a few seconds. NO CIVILIAN needs those.....no one.
If only the mighty NRA and our Lawmakers thought the same.
We wouldn't have to wake up to headlines like the past 2 days.
WHY ARE THESE KINDS OF GUNS WANTED AND NEEDED?
Criminals, I can see why they want these.
But law abiding licensed gun owners who arent crazed criminals and carry to protect themselves and family.
Why do they insist on not banning these kinds of mass murdering firearms.?

Old 08-04-2019, 03:49 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
It is disturbing that all the mass shooters look just like me
Not an angry black man or Muslim extremist in the crowd
Is it something in the water?
Don't think it's the water, but those far right extremists websites and social media.

Old 08-04-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If you try and open carry in WM they ask you for a license and if you don't have it they ask you to leave. No one wants that hassle.
We don't have that problem in Missouri. We don't need a license.

Old 08-04-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
When is the last time one of those weapons was used to commit a mass shooting in the United States?
According to the FBI, never.

Old 08-04-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
If only the mighty NRA and our Lawmakers thought the same.
We wouldn't have to wake up to headlines like the past 2 days.
WHY ARE THESE KINDS OF GUNS WANTED AND NEEDED?
Criminals, I can see why they want these.
But law abiding licensed gun owners who arent crazed criminals and carry to protect themselves and family.
Why do they insist on not banning these kinds of mass murdering firearms.?
Do you mean the most common HUNTING rifle out there? The AR 15 and its variants?

Old 08-04-2019, 04:01 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Do you mean the most common HUNTING rifle out there? The AR 15 and its variants?
Rapid firing fully automatic variants these
Nut cases are using in every one of these mass murders.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:08 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Then the "good guys with.guns" become outlaws by shooting police and not wanting to legally hand over guns. Just goes to show you the reason some gun owners are worth the title of being called "gun nuts." I'm referring the SHTF ones that think they need to be armed with equal weapons to police and armed forces to prevent another Waco, as the "gun nuts" mind you.

Well, I believe firmly if the cops can have certain weapons we as citizens should be able to have the same stuff. Cops patrol our neighborhood sporadically 8 hours a day. We live here. I also do not hold with standard patrol officers packing weapons like an M4 with full auto ability. An AR? Sure. But they DON"T need full auto. If they do then we citizens do as well.

Cops are citizens just like we are in the end. SWAT, OK, they can have military grade toys. But regular patrolmen do NOT need such weapons. Semi auto only OK but over that is over kill. Cops and citizens should be armed the same. I'm OK with semi auto only patrol carbines which is what we citizens are limited to.

A regular patrolman has zero need of an actual M4 with a happy switch. That's forward deployed combat weaponry. That's the military's purview. Not cops. But more and more we are seeing regular patrol cops armed like forward deployed military. That is WRONG.

Personally I am quite happy and very well protected with semi auto only. Regular cops would be as well. There is no reason to gun up cops as far above regular citizens as is being done. Cops are not military combat personnel.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:11 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,699 times
Quote:
That is absolutely untrue. Fully automatic firearms were not used. You can thank the media for not telling you that.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
According to the FBI, no ne has ever used an automatic in a mass shooting. Don't know much about guns do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies