Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 01:50 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

While the blame for mass murderers are taking place in the social public square...

After Trump’s tweets, conservative activist leads neighborhood clean-up in West Baltimore

Many a morning, 58-year-old Millie Jefferson finds herself outside her home in West Baltimore, sweeping her front steps and picking up trash on her block. Monday, she had some unexpected visitors.

Dozens of volunteers gathered near her home on North Fulton Avenue and started bagging garbage and weeding, too. They were inspired by Scott Presler, a Republican activist from Northern Virginia who started a social media campaign to help clean up Baltimore’s 7th district in the wake of President Donald Trump’s tweets about it last weekend.

Presler is a “gays for Trump” activist who has been linked to the anti-Muslim group ACT for America, which the Southern Poverty Law Center lists as a hate group. Presler worked there from February 2017 to 2018, his Facebook page says.

Although there were a few Make America Great Again hats in the crowd, Presler said the focus on Monday was simply to Make Baltimore Clean Again.

“This is not a Trump rally, this is not anti-Representative Cummings at all, this is just simply Americans Helping Americans,” he said. “And that’s it.”

About 300 volunteers took part in the cleanup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 02:03 PM

7,118 posts, read 4,536,107 times
That’s great!

Old 08-05-2019, 02:16 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
Donald Trump has drawn more attention to Baltimore and gotten more done in the last few weeks than that old curmudgeon Cummings ever did in his worthless lazy life.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:30 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
While the blame for mass murderers are taking place in the social public square...

After Trump’s tweets, conservative activist leads neighborhood clean-up in West Baltimore

Many a morning, 58-year-old Millie Jefferson finds herself outside her home in West Baltimore, sweeping her front steps and picking up trash on her block. Monday, she had some unexpected visitors.

Dozens of volunteers gathered near her home on North Fulton Avenue and started bagging garbage and weeding, too. They were inspired by Scott Presler, a Republican activist from Northern Virginia who started a social media campaign to help clean up Baltimore’s 7th district in the wake of President Donald Trump’s tweets about it last weekend.

Presler is a “gays for Trump” activist who has been linked to the anti-Muslim group ACT for America, which the Southern Poverty Law Center lists as a hate group. Presler worked there from February 2017 to 2018, his Facebook page says.

Although there were a few Make America Great Again hats in the crowd, Presler said the focus on Monday was simply to Make Baltimore Clean Again.

“This is not a Trump rally, this is not anti-Representative Cummings at all, this is just simply Americans Helping Americans,” he said. “And that’s it.”

Yep. I follow that dude on Twitter. He's been tweeting about the organization of this. He is one of those who doesn't just talk and whine, he's the type who takes action. This is not the first time he's stood up and delivered.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:36 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
It's going to take a lot more than one afternoon of pulling weeds. But a nice gesture nonetheless.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:40 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Nice to hear a positive story, good for them.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:43 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Why dont the low-lifes that made the mess have to clean it up? Or is that inappropriate?

Old 08-05-2019, 03:44 PM

937 posts, read 927,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It's going to take a lot more than one afternoon of pulling weeds. But a nice gesture nonetheless.
I agree that it's a good thing.

I'd like to assume there's no ulterior motives but I won't believe that until one of the volunteers buys a house in west Baltimore

Old 08-05-2019, 03:49 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
I agree that it's a good thing.

I'd like to assume there's no ulterior motives but I won't believe that until one of the volunteers buys a house in west Baltimore
LOL. I wouldn't buy a house in South Baltimore, and that's the nice part of town. As it is I'm sure I'm going to get hosed if I ever find someone dumb enough to buy the Baltimore rowhouse I live in now. Everyone is moving out.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:51 PM

937 posts, read 927,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
LOL. I wouldn't buy a house in South Baltimore, and that's the nice part of town. As it is I'm sure I'm going to get hosed if I ever find someone dumb enough to buy the Baltimore rowhouse I live in now. Everyone is moving out.
I've heard the waterfront is nice.

Stringer Bell's investments finally paying off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies