Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with President Trump in condemning "White supremacy" and also hatred and bigo
Yes 57 80.28%
No 14 19.72%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 04:08 PM

732 posts, read 390,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
White Supremacy is the thought that white people are better than any other color .

White nationalism is when a white person is for their country's interest first, not other countries first.

I'll buy those definitions, except substitute 'nation' for 'country'. Strictly speaking, a white supremacist also believes in dominating/controlling non-whites. Dunno just how 'white' is defined. Maybe it's a range of pink Pantone colors.

I'd generally say that the chans (4chan and it's brethren) tend to be white separatists.

I think people are inexact in their terms in order to make a dramatic point or to simply say the meanest thing that they can. The terms lose currency in the meantime. I expect that in the 2100AD dictionary, 'Nazi' will come to mean:

Nazi (noun) - someone you don't like, usually an ex-husband.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
If you're a white supremacist, you should be committed.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:17 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
If I were Trump, I wouldn't even bother. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in the eyes of the media.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:31 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Weird that there are 5 no's. I wonder why.
Most likely because some of your people are so deranged that they will not agree with Trump about literally anything.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:43 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
President Trump is yet again condemning the vile ideology of "White supremacy" and also hatred and bigotry, of which there is plenty to go around.

As far as all of this talk about "White nationalism," somebody is going to have to explain to me what that is exactly. I get that the vile routinely lying and indescriminately smearing Democrat left is against our nation and wants to tie "White supremacy" to people that are patriotic Americans - since they are not - but they are not tied together.

Nationalism - being patriotic towards and loyal to your home country - is not new and it is in no way limited to people of a certain skin pigmentation. The term "White nationalism" is just more anti-American propaganda by the usual anti-American Democrat left suspects. This is in fact, not a thing.

And the alternative to nationalism is globalism, while we are on it.

But I digress. President Trump is of course right to yet again condemn "White supremacy," and also racism and bigotry by people, regardless of their skin color. Hopefully we can all agree about that at least.

Sad. This clown reads a response written by speech writers. Trump need to look at the "Man in the Mirror."

Old 08-05-2019, 04:45 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Trump looked like he was being held hostage to make that statement from the teleprompter.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:54 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
You’re entitled to your opinion.

I’m entitled to mine, and I disagree.

I’m white and I’m not ashamed, but that doesn’t mean that I have to subscribe to white identity politics or feel threatened by other groups.

There’s no excuse for white racism.
Recognizing contributing factors is not making an excuse. More and more White men feel marginalized, betrayed by society and hopeless. This has been well studied and documented. White mortality rates have shot up because of this. White drug use is through the roof. White suicide rates are way up.

Why is this? It's because White men are simultaneously blamed for society's ills and expected to bear the burden of taking care of everyone else. They feel constantly demeaned and put down. This is especially true for young Whites who are taught poisonous critical race theory in school now. It even starts as early as grade school for many Whites now.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:09 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Recognizing contributing factors is not making an excuse. More and more White men feel marginalized, betrayed by society and hopeless. This has been well studied and documented. White mortality rates have shot up because of this. White drug use is through the roof. White suicide rates are way up.

Why is this? It's because White men are simultaneously blamed for society's ills and expected to bear the burden of taking care of everyone else. They feel constantly demeaned and put down. This is especially true for young Whites who are taught poisonous critical race theory in school now. It even starts as early as grade school for many Whites now.
Am white; not a single part of your post describes reality.

Prove that:

-whites are “simultaneously blamed for society's ills and expected to bear the burden of taking care of everyone else”

-“They feel constantly demeaned and put down“

-“young Whites who are taught poisonous critical race theory in school now”

Because I’m calling BS on your gaslighting.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:14 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Am white; not a single part of your post describes reality.

Prove that:

-whites are “simultaneously blamed for society's ills and expected to bear the burden of taking care of everyone else”

-“They feel constantly demeaned and put down“

-“young Whites who are taught poisonous critical race theory in school now”

Because I’m calling BS on your gaslighting.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:15 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Trump should be condemning White shaming. That is what has lead to these types of reactionaries. White people, and more specifically White men, are facing a constant barrage of shaming tactics from the left that makes them feel vilified, demeaned and isolated. The shaming and hostility towards Whites increase, year after year, and we wonder why White people are feeling backed into a corner.

In mid-century America, most Whites in America were basically White supremacists but we didn't see these types of attacks. Think about what is happening right now in America. Leftists are making enemies out of White men, the most armed people in the country. It's a stupid tactic that's bound to fail.
This is true, and unlike other races, like it or not, the white male is king when it comes to fighting back and waging war, so one has to wonder, is this truly the wild cat you want on your bad side, backed into a corner? Same race fought the British empire and the Nazi's from taking over the world, and also finally put a stop to slavery, a practice that has been going on long before white man even existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies