Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 06:11 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times

Advertisements

If I lived there, I would now constantly provide business to this great establishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 06:40 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
If I lived there, I would now constantly provide business to this great establishment.
For firing the girl? You amuse me.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
For firing the girl? You amuse me.
Yes, for doing right by a paying customer.

Work is work. Want to protest-do so, elsewhere.

Not on the clock.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Like deranged leftists who post here, she can't control herself as a responsible adult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxBzAgpBDV4

Old 08-06-2019, 07:06 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
She and Chelsea are writing a book about 'Gutsy Women' .

Old 08-06-2019, 07:27 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Why was the employee's name withheld? If it was a Trump supporter doing something stupid like this the name would be out there and there would be a protest at the person's house.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:03 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Talk to the manager. LOL

The following is my manager in about 95% of the cases. He listens and even starts by pretending to be on their side.

"I may have to kill Otto. Did he say that you could not return this item because blah blah blah?'
Customer thinking they are about to win Nods
"Oh good. thought I had to kill him for not adhering to the return policy written on the back of your receipt and on a big sign at every register."
Customer then says they demand this or that or we will go out of business.
He does this excellent puzzled look and says to the affect of ,"No you used this for a month. Returning it would put us out of business. Aarons rental is on Main Street in Anytown. HAVE A GREAT DAY!"

The other 5% are some gray areas they may give in if there really are extenuating circumstances or the person really does buy $5K of stuff a year. We do track that. Then the return is done with a stern warning of this is a one off (These returns are rare as they are taken out of the store budget.)
Wish I could rep you again.

Karen: "I want to speak to the manager". Looks at me. Assumes this, because I'm in my 50's and (at least try to be) nicely dressed. I don't even work there.

If that gets her nowhere, "I want to speak to the owner". Looks at me. I'm neither. I don't even work there.

In my daughter's case, she's both. And they don't take her seriously, because although she's in her 30's, she's very young looking and only five feet tall. Customers assume the "older ladies" who work for her are the owner/manager. Or me! I don't even work there, just go in to see/spend time with my two grandsons (a perk of owning her own business, DD doesn't have to pay for child care during the summer), know diddly squat about the products, and customers are constantly stepping over DD to come to me with their questions or complaints, which I can do nothing about.

I would never bring up or discuss politics with one of DD's customers, but I guess they think I have a face that says, "Unload your private life, relationship with Jesus, or conspiracy theories on me". And they do, frequently.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 08-07-2019 at 06:18 AM..

Old 08-07-2019, 08:33 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Wish I could rep you again.

Karen: "I want to speak to the manager". Looks at me. Assumes this, because I'm in my 50's and (at least try to be) nicely dressed. I don't even work there.

If that gets her nowhere, "I want to speak to the owner". Looks at me. I'm neither. I don't even work there.

In my daughter's case, she's both. And they don't take her seriously, because although she's in her 30's, she's very young looking and only five feet tall. Customers assume the "older ladies" who work for her are the owner/manager. Or me! I don't even work there, just go in to see/spend time with my two grandsons (a perk of owning her own business, DD doesn't have to pay for child care during the summer), know diddly squat about the products, and customers are constantly stepping over DD to come to me with their questions or complaints, which I can do nothing about.

I would never bring up or discuss politics with one of DD's customers, but I guess they think I have a face that says, "Unload your private life, relationship with Jesus, or conspiracy theories on me". And they do, frequently.
LOL! I also tend to get this on occasion while waiting in line... Not sure what it is about me other than that I just smile and nod pleasantly no matter what nonsense they come up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies