Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 05:04 AM

40,930 posts, read 48,931,083 times

Advertisements

Hong Kong is an example of exactly why the Founding Fathers got it right.

Is anyone watching the unarmed Democratic civilians in Hong Kong try to resist the heavily armed Communist Chinese military?
They are fighting for their lives, their future and whether they can be deported to Chinese Concentration Camps.

At some point I'll bet they wish they had a 2nd amendment, a well armed Militia and the ability to defend themselves against the boot of the Communist.

Could that ever happen here in the US?

Yes, yes it could. And that's why we need the 2nd and our guns. This is exactly why our FF gave us the 2nd and the right to bear arms. They knew there was a possibility one day a Government would try to take away our Democratic freedoms and possibly ship us off "Re-education Camps".

Would you ever fight for your freedom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 05:09 AM

14,813 posts, read 11,922,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Is anyone watching the unarmed Democratic civilians in Hong Kong try to resist the heavily armed Communist Chinese military?
They are fighting for their lives, their future and whether they can be deported to Chinese Concentration Camps.

At some point I'll bet they wish they had a 2nd amendment, a well armed Militia and the ability to defend themselves against the boot of the Communist.

Yes, yes it could. And that's why we need the 2nd and our guns. This is exactly why our FF gave us the 2nd and the right to bear arms. They knew there was a possibility one day a Government would try to take away our Democratic freedoms and possibly ship us off "Re-education Camps".

Thinking that the people of Hong Kong would be able to 'fight off' the 21st Century Chinese army is daft to say the least! Guess what? Its not the year 1800 anymore! lol. You need your "2nd amendment" (whatever the hell that means anyway) simply to keep your fire-arm related death rate 200 times more than it is in 'other' first world nations. I reckon with a bit more effort you could easily get to 100,000 deaths a year

Old 08-06-2019, 05:15 AM

29,972 posts, read 18,533,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Why do we need the 2nd amendment? - Liberals

Liberals are constantly looking for ways to limit the rights of the individual and strengthen the central government. They are a totalitarian force that would exert their will over the rest of the population if left unchecked.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:15 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,479,741 times
All governments are capable of unjust aggression towards its citizens. Anyone who believes otherwise is a naive fool.

The United States government consistently does business (arms deals, aid, etc) with countries that unjustly arrests, detains, tortures and murders people because doing that business is in the interest of our government.

You can pretend our government will always do the moral thing regardless of all the history and evidence that government typically looks out for government first and people second.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Thinking that the people of Hong Kong would be able to 'fight off' the 21st Century Chinese army is daft to say the least! Guess what? Its not the year 1800 anymore! lol. You need your "2nd amendment" (whatever the hell that means anyway) simply to keep your fire-arm related death rate 200 times more than it is in 'other' first world nations. I reckon with a bit more effort you could easily get to 100,000 deaths a year
How long has our military, with the best equipment in the world, been battling insurgents in Afghanistan?

Oh yeah, we are going on two decades.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Why do we need the 2nd amendment? - Liberals

Liberals are constantly looking for ways to limit the rights of the individual and strengthen the central government. They are a totalitarian force that would exert their will over the rest of the population if left unchecked.
ANTIFA is a great example of people using violence to further a political (government) agenda.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:27 AM

14,813 posts, read 11,922,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How long has our military, with the best equipment in the world, been battling insurgents in Afghanistan?

Oh yeah, we are going on two decades.
Yes quite right, after all the US is a LOT like Afghanistan - certainly have similar fire-arm death rates I imagine, I wish we in the UK didn't have to put up with the government 'pushing us around' at gunpoint.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Yes quite right, after all the US is a LOT like Afghanistan - certainly have similar fire-arm death rates I imagine, I wish we in the UK didn't have to put up with the government 'pushing us around' at gunpoint.
If Jews had known then what they know now, would they have been as compliant in Germany in the 30's when they were being "temporarily relocated for their safety"?

I guess I should have first asked if you believe the holocaust occurred. If you don't believe it happened, let me know so I can ask a different question.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:42 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,686,910 times
Quote:
Still mad about the 1776 thing Bro? Limeys crack me up

Old 08-06-2019, 05:43 AM

6,853 posts, read 2,610,004 times
Quote:
They would at least be able to hold them off until an allied country came to their rescue. You assume the world would sit back an allow it to happen. It's not 1938 anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies