Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with President Trump in condemning "White supremacy" and also hatred and bigo
Yes 57 80.28%
No 14 19.72%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 02:14 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times

Advertisements

President Trump is yet again condemning the vile ideology of "White supremacy" and also hatred and bigotry, of which there is plenty to go around.

Quote:
Trump on El Paso shooting: We must condemn white supremacy

President Trump on Monday called on the nation to condemn white supremacy following last weekend’s back-to-back mass shootings and threw his support behind new measures focused on mental illness, rather than stricter gun laws.

“In one voice, our nation must condemn bigotry, hatred and white supremacy,” Trump said in a nationally televised address from the Diplomatic Room of the White House. "These sinister ideologies must be defeated.”

Trump was delivering his first in-depth remarks on the pair of shootings that left 30 dead and dozens more wounded in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio. He denounced the shootings as “barbaric slaughters” and condemned the El Paso shooter as “consumed with racist hate.”
As far as all of this talk about "White nationalism," somebody is going to have to explain to me what that is exactly. I get that the vile routinely lying and indescriminately smearing Democrat left is against our nation and wants to tie "White supremacy" to people that are patriotic Americans - since they are not - but they are not tied together.

Nationalism - being patriotic towards and loyal to your home country - is not new and it is in no way limited to people of a certain skin pigmentation. The term "White nationalism" is just more anti-American propaganda by the usual anti-American Democrat left suspects. This is in fact, not a thing.

And the alternative to nationalism is globalism, while we are on it.

But I digress. President Trump is of course right to yet again condemn "White supremacy," and also racism and bigotry by people, regardless of their skin color. Hopefully we can all agree about that at least.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:20 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
good to hear that Hispanics and other imigrants can enjoy seeking their version of nationalism

I'll pass it on.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:23 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
good to hear that Hispanics and other imigrants can enjoy seeking their version of nationalism

I'll pass it on.
There are not different versions of nationalism. Nationalism is patriotism and loyalty to your home country. It has nothing to do with skin color. It is only the most deceitful hyper-partisan propaganda pushers who advocate otherwise.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:23 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,441 times
thought he blamed video games, too.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:26 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There are not different versions of nationalism. Nationalism is patriotism and loyalty to your home country. It has nothing to do with skin color. It is only the most deceitful hyper-partisan propaganda pushers who advocate otherwise.
I mean this is false, there are many different forms of nationalism. Many that have been well defined and in common use for decades/centuries. I get it I get it you feel like you have to gaslight around the issue because you view "nationalism" as your newly adopted identity, which you are entitled to. You are not entitled to your own facts however.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:28 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
President Trump is yet again condemning the vile ideology of "White supremacy" and also hatred and bigotry, of which there is plenty to go around.

As far as all of this talk about "White nationalism," somebody is going to have to explain to me what that is exactly. I get that the vile routinely lying and indescriminately smearing Democrat left is against our nation and wants to tie "White supremacy" to people that are patriotic Americans - since they are not - but they are not tied together.

Nationalism - being patriotic towards and loyal to your home country - is not new and it is in no way limited to people of a certain skin pigmentation. The term "White nationalism" is just more anti-American propaganda by the usual anti-American Democrat left suspects. This is in fact, not a thing.

And the alternative to nationalism is globalism, while we are on it.

But I digress. President Trump is of course right to yet again condemn "White supremacy," and also racism and bigotry by people, regardless of their skin color. Hopefully we can all agree about that at least.
Empty words.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:30 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
thought he blamed video games, too.
if he had, I would agree with him. Growing up on the couch playing WarCraft 10 hours a day may have negative effects on some people.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:37 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,920 times
Trump should be condemning White shaming. That is what has lead to these types of reactionaries. White people, and more specifically White men, are facing a constant barrage of shaming tactics from the left that makes them feel vilified, demeaned and isolated. The shaming and hostility towards Whites increase, year after year, and we wonder why White people are feeling backed into a corner.

In mid-century America, most Whites in America were basically White supremacists but we didn't see these types of attacks. Think about what is happening right now in America. Leftists are making enemies out of White men, the most armed people in the country. It's a stupid tactic that's bound to fail.

Last edited by Supachai; 08-05-2019 at 03:11 PM..

Old 08-05-2019, 02:47 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
if he had, I would agree with him. Growing up on the couch playing WarCraft 10 hours a day may have negative effects on some people.
Study confirms link between violent video games and physical aggression

Old 08-05-2019, 02:59 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
The reason we have so many mass shootings is as simple as it is obvious.

P = population size
C = coefficient of psyco mass murderers to population size
G = firearm accessibility coefficient

P x C x G = # of mass shootings

In America P is going up and G is already almost 1. So as P goes up u see more shootings. With more shootings you get more extreme outliers meaning the perceived severity of shootings goes up. Simple

Now lets bring up a commonly used diversion and address why there are vastly less bombings even though bombings are arguable more deadly that shootings. Well, it's simple - with bombings the G coefficient is much lower. Now you are intersecting only with the people who are both psychotically crazy AND have the knowledge and experience needed to craft an effective bomb, while at the same time not blowing themselves up. With a much lower "G" coefficient you have many less mass bombings than shootings. This can be applied to almost any substitute for a firearm you wish to plug in.

Lastly there is one more coefficient to take into place and that is the potential mass lethality of chosen weapon. We could call that "K" multiply the result from above and you will see your casualty estimate. In the case of say a knife, "G" would probably be even closer to 1 than it is for a gun, BUT "K" is much lower so you would expect to see much less casualties from your average knife rampage than from your average gun rampage.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 08-05-2019 at 03:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies