Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 01:30 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times

Advertisements

Why is there so much hate for the Castro twins?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 01:34 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Good for him! MY political contributions are public, why shouldn't theirs be??

Old 08-09-2019, 01:41 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
While I wouldn't have posted this for obvious reasons the idea, that someone mired in political hate enough to attack someone for donating to a politician they don't like, would get this information from a tweet and isn't going to find it themselves is preposterous. Hence I see no basis to claim it's intimidation. It's childish shaming at best, and as someone like Castro who honestly think Trump is openly calling his supporters to kill Latinos or dog-whistling as hard as possible for them to do so, this is a mild response. Especially in an area like San Antonio which is 50%+ Latino, i'm surprised someone who thinks like Castro didn't call for people to run these racists out of San Antonio.

I don't like Trump but don't believe he's as bad as many of my fellow democrats.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:43 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
While I wouldn't have posted this for obvious reasons the idea, that someone mired in political hate enough to attack someone for donating to a politician they don't like, would get this information from a tweet and isn't going to find it themselves is preposterous. Hence I see no basis to claim it's intimidation. It's childish shaming at best, and as someone like Castro who honestly think Trump is openly calling his supporters to kill Latinos or dog-whistling as hard as possible for them to do so, this is a mild response. Especially in an area like San Antonio which is 50%+ Latino, i'm surprised someone who thinks like Castro didn't call for people to run these racists out of San Antonio.

I don't like Trump but don't believe he's as bad as many of my fellow democrats.
It's voter suppression, plain and simple.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:52 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It's voter suppression, plain and simple.
How? So do you think someone who hates the President and his supporters enough to attack them, is waiting on Castro to publicly drop information on his biggest donors. How, if someone dropped a list of Obama donors and it's a Republican I wouldn't call it voter suppression, because people shouldn't be embarrassed by their vote/who they donate too. If it irks you that much then you probably shouldn't be voting for that person. If you believe you did nothing morally reprehensible then your fine.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:46 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
call for ethics probe

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...n-castro-tweet

Old 08-09-2019, 04:52 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
His despicable tweet could get more people killed.

But the left doesn't give a crap about those people!

The left doesn't put bullseyes on opponents.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:53 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The left doesn't put bullseyes on opponents.
Unless they're practicing for the Congressional baseball game.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post

With all the attacks from nutjobs, and I'm sorry to say the majority of those triggered are liberals, you don't think this was irresponsible, NN?

Old 08-09-2019, 05:02 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Unless they're practicing for the Congressional baseball game.
1 time out of how many others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies