Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 09:17 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
It’s child abuse. Period ! stop touching someone else’s kids! If be mine you knocked down to the ground - you might not find your hand later / or be of non use !
The parents kids should have thrown the cripple to the ground and stomped on his head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 09:18 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaipeiTaiwan View Post
My coworker was in military. He say that his serve in military to defend people freedom of speech. Not about symbol but idea. He says he hate people and act to burn flag but will serve again to defend free speech right to do so!

I show him this story he say that if he or his husband say man beat up their children they would have shot man where they stand

This is why I love America. Put FREEDOMS ahead of feelings and get to defend family with gun.
huh? Sounds equally dramatic to me.

Just sayin'

But I do understand what you meant.

This said, I think people are over analyzing this story a bit. I believe what we are dealing here is a mentally unstable dude. It has nothing to do with flag or patriotism in my humble opinion.

I saw a dude going absolutely nuts on a boy who cried a little too loudly in a restaurant. The owner called the police and the dude was arrested. I am sure he wouldn't make the national news though. lol

Just one of those stupid "news" to create unnecessary divide again. Kind of pathetic.

Old 08-10-2019, 09:23 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Everybody knows to stand, take hat off, and hand over heart during the pledge of allegiance as well as national anthem. Assault isn’t justified but maybe a kick in the pants would have sufficed.
The whole idea of standing for the flag has to do with standing for our freedoms.
The irony is lost on some people when others exercise their freedom not to stand.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:10 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Everybody knows to stand, take hat off, and hand over heart during the pledge of allegiance as well as national anthem. Assault isn’t justified but maybe a kick in the pants would have sufficed.
A kick in the pants is assault. Why would anyone encourage violence to anyone for an action that means absolutely nothing, and why would anyone encourage violence to a child for any reason whatsoever?

Old 08-10-2019, 02:18 PM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times
Red flag this nutcase so he never gets his hands on guns.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:00 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
I think that guy is wearing a Mountain Dew tshirt in the photo. It's not Brawndo but close enough.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 08-10-2019 at 04:33 PM..

Old 08-10-2019, 04:05 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
American fascism is on the rise.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:19 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
What part of assault laws are you having a hard time comprehending?

You don't put your hands on anyone, especially someone else's kid, period. End of discussion.

Only legal use of force is to stop and or otherwise defend oneself from an actual physical threat.

I don't care if a kid tells you to go pound salt in response to your giving him/her orders. It isn't your child and he/she doesn't have to listen to word you say.

Again Curt Brockway is a bully, coward and thug. Picking on an unguarded and defenseless young boy. Had it been a grown a$$ed man this guy likely would have gotten what was coming to him. That and of the kid's dad or other male family members had been present Curt Brockway finally would have gotten the beat down that seems to be long coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies