Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 08:32 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How about this. Make the face of gun culture the average everyday person. Instead of angry, rough-and-ready types, make it the kid participating in sports shooting contests. Make it the guy who hunts with his friends. Make it the everyday person at the shooting range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
There you go.
Make it whatever you want to make it...if you haven't got the message yet, us law-abiding US citizens practicing our 2A rights DO NOT GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU GUN GRABBERS THINK!

Old 08-09-2019, 08:35 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Stigma?

We, as gun owners, don't have a "stigma" and don't care what liberals think. I find it amusing that a liberal thinks that such a notion is anywhere on our radar and would ever give a damn about the liberal perception of gun owners.

Your opinion about guns is absolutely of no importance to us at all. I find it stunning that someone would actually think otherwise.
I get not caring about what individuals think of you and your guns. But I assume you are concerned about losing the rights that you currently have... and it's the liberal perception of guns/gun owners that can cause not only liberals but also independents/moderates to vote for politicians who will ultimately make those decisions. So it probably is in your best interest to care at least somewhat about what people think and maybe try to change erroneous perceptions.

As a liberal, I don't like when the far-left people do weird things that make us look bad. Not because I really care what some random conservative thinks, but because I care how conservatives and moderates and independents will vote. I don't want them thinking I'm out trying to assault old men wearing MAGA hats any more than the average gun-owner should want the average liberal/independent to think they're a lunatic who is planning on trying to overthrow the government with their own personal stash of guns or planning the next Walmart shooting spree.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:36 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Make it whatever you want to make it...if you haven't got the message yet, us law-abiding US citizens practicing our 2A rights DO NOT GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU GUN GRABBERS THINK!
I'm pretty sure many do care, as they're vocal about their rights and are concerned about the possibility of having them curtailed. Who do you think votes for politicians who are "gun-grabbers"? Everyday people who might have the wrong idea about gun ownership, that's who.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:45 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Stereotyping and scapegoating groups of people is counter-productive in that it produces hate and hate fuels violence.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:50 AM

36 posts, read 16,997 times
I own guns, but I don't particularly appreciate being associated with the likes of Tweaker Ted, that idiot, La Pierre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies