Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 02:01 PM

436 posts, read 681,811 times

Advertisements

The Pentagon wants another $99.7 billion for the well run war effort. So far the war in Iraq has cost about $350 billion. Combined with the conflict in Afghanistan and operations against terrorism elsewhere, the cost has topped $500 billion, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service.

The current administration really knows how to watchdog government spending yes indeed. Well, it's for a good cause, and what else could we do with all that money?
Just take it and spend it. Want more? OK, go ahead, it's only tax revenue. And more still to put down the black hole? OK, go for it. There's plenty more where that came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 02:25 PM

211 posts, read 290,564 times
This "War on Terrorism" is so stupid.

We should securing oil reserves out of it, why are we wasting money on wars we were conned into because of our Idiot-&-Chief?

This is a money pit for NOTHING. A complete waste. We should immediate withdrawal, this is not good for our country.

Want to stop terrorism in the middle east? Force Israel to give Palestinians complete control of the West Bank and Gaza and stop interfering in their affairs. Furthermore, Europe is importing millions of Muslims and it is causing an increase in Islamic fundamentalism terrorist attacks, cut off the immigration.

Hell - my daughter works with a kid who came here 3 months ago from Pakistan. The Mom has absolutely no job and lives on welfare and the kids use EBT. Talk about a beneficial immigration policy we have as we turn away engineers and scientists from India and elsewhere.

Islamic terrorism in the West is easy to stop, we just end up wasting our moneys on wars for other countries that we should really have no part in.

This country is falling fast. The Neo-Cons are as bad as the Libs. I truthfully hate Democracy -- it essentially means nothing ever gets done except short-term interests of the elected not the citizens of the country.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:50 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
I wonder how many Iraqis are moving to the USA as refugees? I imagine we are going to get quite a few...

Old 12-20-2006, 04:41 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I wonder how many Iraqis are moving to the USA as refugees? I imagine we are going to get quite a few...
Let's cross our fingers that those refugees are fully vetted. Can you imagine importing more islamic terrorists to this country as a result of our own pre-emptive war? Sounds like something our government would do...

Old 12-20-2006, 04:53 PM

211 posts, read 290,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Let's cross our fingers that those refugees are fully vetted. Can you imagine importing more islamic terrorists to this country as a result of our own pre-emptive war? Sounds like something our government would do...
Maine let in some "refugees" from Somali... they burdened the social services and caused a huge surge in crime. They also brought such great multi-cultural experiences such as vaginal mutilation.

I really don't see why we continue to let in drains on the system. When our forefathers came here they didn't come asking "what are the benefits?" but they asked "what are the jobs?" and didn't become a drain on the populous.

I don't know why we turn away the educated but continue to let hordes of people who drain our social services, raise crime, and have no skills to provide.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:11 PM

Unfortunately, in Iraq, we were the ones who created this refugee mess. I don't know how long Jordan and Syria are going to keep taking in more and more Iraq refugees without us helping. I read the statistics and I can't quite remember them but I think it was something like 100,000 people a month moving into Jordan. That's a lot!

Old 12-20-2006, 08:12 PM

421 posts, read 348,513 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, in Iraq, we were the ones who created this refugee mess. I don't know how long Jordan and Syria are going to keep taking in more and more Iraq refugees without us helping. I read the statistics and I can't quite remember them but I think it was something like 100,000 people a month moving into Jordan. That's a lot!

I wonder how many terrorist Syria and Iran are sending into Iraq? I hear the numbers are pretty high. I guess it's a swap some refugees for some terrorist.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
I wonder how many terrorist Syria and Iran are sending into Iraq? I hear the numbers are pretty high. I guess it's a swap some refugees for some terrorist.
Don't forget to include the Saudis. I read that they were funding the Sunnis -- and they provided us with our 9/11 terrorists, remember? But we won't go after them because they sell us oil...

Is this screwed up or what?

Old 12-20-2006, 08:36 PM

421 posts, read 348,513 times
Quote:
Don't forget to include the Saudis. I read that they were funding the Sunnis -- and they provided us with our 9/11 terrorists, remember? But we won't go after them because they sell us oil...

Is this screwed up or what?

That's true, I forgot the Saudis.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:41 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
Americans make alot of bad political decisions but one thing I understand is we went after Iraq because they had nuclear weapons. Saddam was caught and has been sentenced to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies