Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 08:10 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Both the left and the right end extremists are using serious violence and being rah rahed in DC. Especially the left. AOC and company are off the reservation and looking for scalps. And here I am suck in between these clowns.

I refuse to watch how I dress lest someone be offended and start shooting. I can't help the color of my skin and I refuse to watch where I go and what I do for fun around others like me lest we be targeted by some nut case.

I will NOT live in fear!! And I will back my right to that up with more than warm fuzzy words of tolerance and peace. I don't want trouble with anyone. I just want to be left alone and I don't want to be bombarded by all this strife and nastiness coming out of DC that is being picked up by wackos out here in the world.

Nobody is going to cram anything down my throat. All these political warriors screaming racist this and White nationalist that and any real racists and White nationalists just need to fight shy of me and mine. It's getting so bad now I don't walk to the corner store unarmed.

The leftists are screaming about Trump being an inciter of violence and then they come out with a movie where leftist elites are hunting and killing "deplorables". Deplorables like me. Some right wing nut shoots up a Wal Mart and some left wing nut shoots up a party district. WTF! I'm fed up with ALL you a$$*****!!

It's gotten so thick a guy can't help but get tangled in it anymore. And I want nothing to do with any of it.I want to put up a BIG wall around 10000 acres build a house and turn various vicious animals loose in the inner perimeter. And build the house like a bunker with heavy weapons ports.

Where do I get OFF this merry go round?!

Old 08-07-2019, 08:27 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
I don't frequent Twitter often (occasionally read a linked tweet) but found myself reading some of the "trending" topics the past day or so and HOLY CRAP!! A majority of these folks are bat crap crazy!!! How politics can consume your daily life like it does for many of these people is just mind-boggling to me.

Take a deep breath. Life will go on no matter which party's dunce is at the helm. Tune out and enjoy your life for Christ sake. You only have one so might as well enjoy it and stop obsessing over all this crap.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:43 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Both the left and the right end extremists are using serious violence and being rah rahed in DC. Especially the left. AOC and company are off the reservation and looking for scalps. And here I am suck in between these clowns.

I refuse to watch how I dress lest someone be offended and start shooting. I can't help the color of my skin and I refuse to watch where I go and what I do for fun around others like me lest we be targeted by some nut case.

I will NOT live in fear!! And I will back my right to that up with more than warm fuzzy words of tolerance and peace. I don't want trouble with anyone. I just want to be left alone and I don't want to be bombarded by all this strife and nastiness coming out of DC that is being picked up by wackos out here in the world.

Nobody is going to cram anything down my throat. All these political warriors screaming racist this and White nationalist that and any real racists and White nationalists just need to fight shy of me and mine. It's getting so bad now I don't walk to the corner store unarmed.

The leftists are screaming about Trump being an inciter of violence and then they come out with a movie where leftist elites are hunting and killing "deplorables". Deplorables like me. Some right wing nut shoots up a Wal Mart and some left wing nut shoots up a party district. WTF! I'm fed up with ALL you a$$*****!!

It's gotten so thick a guy can't help but get tangled in it anymore. And I want nothing to do with any of it.I want to put up a BIG wall around 10000 acres build a house and turn various vicious animals loose in the inner perimeter. And build the house like a bunker with heavy weapons ports.

Where do I get OFF this merry go round?!
You need to move down to Las Vegas. Apparently much more civilized here.

I am an old and large and mildly crippled white dude. My only fear of going anywhere is that I will run out of gas which does happen. Then my loving spouse has to haul me away. As to not nice threats of violence my response is the same. I will hit you with my walker and then grab you and hang on. Only a very few big people will remain standing when my weight hits them. Then we let the police or security sort it out.

Only threatened to do it a couple of times and never have. Though I would.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:51 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
OP this forum magnifies the problem beyond reality and that's because we a couple dozen extremely partisan nutjobs that sqwak loudly and frequently.

I figure they don't have many other outlets for their rage because I would imagine that most of them have so much toxic anger that they have estranged themselves from family and friends or at least gotten to the point where people avoid them entirely or have a zero politics rule when spending time together.

One solution is to put them on ignore. *shrug*

Old 08-08-2019, 06:19 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
nv, get some perspective. in the real world, the screaming, hateful crazies are loud of voice, but thankfully small in number.

also, as mathguy said above, ignore is a great feature on CD.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:31 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You need to move down to Las Vegas. Apparently much more civilized here.

I am an old and large and mildly crippled white dude. My only fear of going anywhere is that I will run out of gas which does happen. Then my loving spouse has to haul me away. As to not nice threats of violence my response is the same. I will hit you with my walker and then grab you and hang on. Only a very few big people will remain standing when my weight hits them. Then we let the police or security sort it out.

Only threatened to do it a couple of times and never have. Though I would.

LOL. Oh no. I'm quite happy in N NV. I just got to a point last night I needed to pop my cork. So I did a rant on here. I'm usually better than that but I had enough of all the nonsense. It's really tough right now for a guy to wak down the middle of the road.

I don't think I'm alone feeling that way. I feel much better after a decent nights sleep. Think I will go to the archery range later and toss some arrows. That always helps. I really iss my Corgi when I get feeling wound up. We could go romp and stomp and let all the yah yahs out and life would be good. Haha.

Today I have my words back. Sometimes you just gotta let loose.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:36 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Hmm. While the title of the post is anti left and right the body of the post seems decidedly ant-left as does the history of the OP's posts. I am going to guess this one is biased.
DING DING DING, we have a winner!

I love the screed/rant, then says NOTHING about the far right. Apparently, that crap must be fine, despite the disingenuous title.

I AM sick of both he far left, and far right, and this whole culture that seems to have spread through politics. It's all a reactionary game of what seems like who can out do each other in nuttiness.

Where is common sense, pragmatism, and moderation? All this binary thought gets NOTHING done. If you believe that a country as large, and diverse (is that a bad word?) as the USA's ideal can be encapsulated by a single political party, perhaps you need to rethink things.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:39 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LOL. Oh no. I'm quite happy in N NV. I just got to a point last night I needed to pop my cork. So I did a rant on here. I'm usually better than that but I had enough of all the nonsense. It's really tough right now for a guy to wak down the middle of the road.

I don't think I'm alone feeling that way. I feel much better after a decent nights sleep. Think I will go to the archery range later and toss some arrows. That always helps. I really iss my Corgi when I get feeling wound up. We could go romp and stomp and let all the yah yahs out and life would be good. Haha.

Today I have my words back. Sometimes you just gotta let loose.
Ok. I was gonna let loose on ya, but after reading this...well, I've done the same thing. You get a pass and a rep.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:40 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
nv, get some perspective. in the real world, the screaming, hateful crazies are loud of voice, but thankfully small in number.

also, as mathguy said above, ignore is a great feature on CD.
For some reason people take pride in saying they don't have anyone on their ignore list. I never understood that. There are a lot of whack jobs who post here and I use the hell out of the ignore list. Some people say things that are so off the wall that I realize I don't care what they have to say about anything else anymore. I'm sure I'm on a few people's ignore list as well.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:43 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I'm listening to the progressives and they seem completely unhinged. Paranoid and living in terror of white nationalists and global warming, free speech, conspiracy theorists and guns and the orange guy. Somebody needs to make the rounds on MSNBC, CNN, Sirius radio and do some slaps to their kissers to snap them out of it. Then do the same on Capital Hill.
Okay, I'm paranoid of the deep state, I admit that. But they're statistically a far greater threat than any of the others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies