Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 09:01 AM

6,349 posts, read 4,112,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
We should ban assault knives first, and require universal background checks on the government-approved knives. After that stepping stone, then we can ban all knives.
Exactly, start legislation for a knife ban similar to what England is doing and while doing that come up with some reasons to blame Trump for the attack. Somehow, he must be partially to blame!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 09:23 AM

18,429 posts, read 15,171,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
We wops appreciate how you changed that to Brit.
No problem.

Besides, “Wop” wouldn’t have fit the circumstances. That, and someone out there might get mad at me.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:24 AM

14,823 posts, read 11,945,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Um, I just answered it.

Your master runs his plantation differently than my master which results in different outcomes on a wide variety of subjects.
That doesn't answer it though. I am asking specifically why the US and the UK have similar knife crime rates bus such massively different gun crime rates. Get to the bottom of that one and it might just bring the level of US gun crime down to 1st world countries levels instead of 3rd world countries levels, its important to address, we are talking about peoples lives here.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I am grateful he did not start the spree with a gun.

The stabbing occurred at 6+ locations and the motive was robbery.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
This will drop from media coverage pretty quick. Doesn't fit the narrative.

Robbery was the motive and the crimes happened at more than 6 locations.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:35 AM

19,701 posts, read 10,038,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
Exactly, start legislation for a knife ban similar to what England is doing and while doing that come up with some reasons to blame Trump for the attack. Somehow, he must be partially to blame!
New York has already made ceramic knives illegal and any knife with a blade over 4 inches.
I can remember my mother used a ceramic knife in the kitchen.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:35 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,106,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
We should ban assault knives first, and require universal background checks on the government-approved knives. After that stepping stone, then we can ban all knives.
High capacity knives for sure.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:36 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,892,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Yes. This man used machetes to kill those people, in my state those would be illegal. Make them illegal everywhere or illegal to purchase without a license or registration.

I am no more interested in banning all knives than I am no guns but this case exactly shows why we can get rid or or require registration for the ones that are being used most commonly to commit mass killings.
Dead on. But you will get nowhere with common sense, if you are trying to have a conversation with a gun whack. Their stance isn't based on common sense or concern for the public at large. It's about protecting their selfish interest, which is to be able to own any gun of any description regardless of the ability for mass lethality. Of course they mask their sick gun fetish in the wrappings of the 2cd amendment coupled with paranoid fantasies about how the "government and the liberals are coming to get their guns". Simple minded people fall for this nonsense every single day.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
So incredibly violent. He used a machete.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...iple-homicides
Machete is a legal agriculture tool.

Homicide by machete is very rare in the US.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:37 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,106,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
That wasn't just any ordinary knife either. Only a high capacity knife could have done that many killings in such sort order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies