Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2019, 10:10 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
My sentiments also. As an American I am obligated to first consider of our own country and our own citizens not foreigners no matter what their plight. We cannot be the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world. We cannot continually to import them all in here.

Most of those come here either illegally or seeking asylum aren't escaping violence in fear for their lives they are coming here for economic opportunity on the backs of the U.S. taxpayer/worker. Neither violence or poverty are viable reasons to claim asylum here either.

Mexico offered these Central Americans asylum with jobs yet they refuse what does that tell you? Mexico doesn't have the welfare state that we do.
They're coming here for freebies. We can't save the world - we need to clean up our own backyard.

Libs never care about Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 10:17 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Trump obviously doesn't care about illegals either. Especially when they serve his purpose.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...Gb2Hk9n_NXQnZw

Old 08-09-2019, 10:21 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump obviously doesn't care about illegals either. Especially when they serve his purpose.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...Gb2Hk9n_NXQnZw
Do you have a better source? Not a paid subscriber, can’t read the juicy details. Or is an exclusive report only wapo has?

Old 08-09-2019, 10:22 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Yes very true! So according to the liberal media what would be the right course of action? To let these illegal parents continue to stay here?????

Old 08-09-2019, 10:24 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Exactly. Just like liberals like to spend everyone else's money but not theirs.
Why do you think that taxes paid belong more to you than to me? Are you under the impression that liberals don't pay tax? If that's the case, then maybe I can get a refund for the taxes I've paid over the years....

Old 08-09-2019, 10:40 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Yes very true! So according to the liberal media what would be the right course of action? To let these illegal parents continue to stay here?????
They offer no solutions. Only accusations of wrongdoing.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:47 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
They offer no solutions. Only accusations of wrongdoing.
Most of them come here to work and create a better life for their families. This is the fundamental foundation of our country. There is a better way to handle this, but Trump is just too ignorant and self-absorbed and so he continues to make himself look bad in the media.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:56 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Most of them come here to work and create a better life for their families. This is the fundamental foundation of our country. There is a better way to handle this, but Trump is just too ignorant and self-absorbed and so he continues to make himself look bad in the media.
It was never the foundation of our country for people to come from Latin America to work and live. The foundation was to keep Spanish and Latin America separate from British America and later the US. That is just some new fangled made up leftist thing like "proposition nation". Besides America already has long been founded and well populated many decades ago by immigrants and mostly the native born.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:23 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Im not a christian and even if I were I would leave God out of the equation.

I don't condone what illegals do, nor do I assign free passes because it seems like the christian thing to do. Illegals are a net loss to our Nation and that is the most charitable thing that can be said about them.
There’s a way and there’s another way. I know if the jobs were not there with open arms, this would not be an issue. If the worker visas were better handled- some of this would not be an issue. Asylum is the beginning of our country, mrT has decided he don’t like brown so he’s got an army chasing them. However not a word to the employer’. Next week have a new crew. And I’ve seen this plenty of times in FL. A net loss? Maybe not -all from which side you counting the beans and in part,our drug consumption is what’s made their countries so violent

Old 08-09-2019, 11:27 AM

126 posts, read 49,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So why don't you do the "humane thing" and sponsor a couple of them instead of expecting others to do what you won't? Or are you not humane?
How? What is the legal article allowing me, an individual citizen, to sponsor a couple to immigrate/stay here legally? Please illustrate is since you are so well versed on immigration law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies