Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 06:50 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
OK BOB. HAD we not created or contributed to and help create the problem then it would be different.
Nope. It still doesn't give anyone the right to violate another country's immigration laws. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 06:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^This is so true and it is sickening. Not to mention ignorant for anyone to think we can allow an unlimited amount of illegal aliens into this country and still have room for more.
It's the thinking of a naive child. But liberals don't operate on the basis of facts, it's all emotional and feelings.

Guess who fell apart and accused me of attacking him personally when I posted:

Quote:
This seems to be a personal issue for you, so your focus is on people wanting to flee their country.

The rest of us are focused on Americans and America - what we can and can't continue doing with regard to legal immigration and illegal aliens.
I hit a hot button apparently - so I was right. He's personally invested and wants the doors open for everyone even though we have Americans living on streets.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:54 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I have lived in Costa Rica with my Costa Rican wife and family and truly seen what good people they are and I think many of them have better values than many Norte Americanos. I have been to Nic and seen what sad depressing place Santiago is.

You said: Why do MOST come here, work, then return home if it is so bad?

So many do not want to return because there is nothing to return to except death.

You are generalizing. GIVE us so true numbers.
Why do they still fly their Countries flag if that flag means death. That asinine.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's the thinking of a naive child. But liberals don't operate on the basis of facts, it's all emotional and feelings.

Guess who fell apart and accused me of attacking him personally when I posted:

I hit a hot button apparently - so I was right. He's personally invested and wants the doors open for everyone even though we have Americans living on streets.

Spot on!

That poster has been attacking lots of other posters who aren't buying his nonsense.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:56 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^This is so true and it is sickening. Not to mention ignorant for anyone to think we can allow an unlimited amount of illegal aliens into this country and still have room for more.
And mrT married an foreigner - so ? Like 99% of you are not children of folks who should have stayed in their Homeland and dealt with the king! Fixed their own problems and leave the Indians alone!

Old 08-09-2019, 06:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And mrT married an foreigner - so ? Like 99% of you are not children of folks who should have stayed in their Homeland and dealt with the king! Fixed their own problems and leave the Indians alone!
For the love of God would you PLEASE stop confusing immigrants with illegal aliens?????

This is getting OLD already.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:05 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
The MSM always uses sensational headlines to get the masses all up in arms. This behavior divides the parties big time by reinforcing the one-way, negative thoughts of the MSM's target audience.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:11 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
For the love of God would you PLEASE stop confusing immigrants with illegal aliens?????

This is getting OLD already.
The problem is that too many do not care if legal or not- see the shooting at Walmart ? they raided the plant and took hours to termine who was legal or a citizen. Think all those kids did nit suffer too I am sorry but most like to box people up. True?

Old 08-09-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
None of this ^^^^is irrelevant. So, what was your pointing in posting it?

Not all of my ancestors came here of their own volition. Some of my ancestors came to the New World on slave ships. Some were Amerindians.

As for the Amerindians. Even their ancestors came here from Asia. The Amerindians were constantly at war with other tribes.

At the turn of the century, we had lots of room to expand. There was no welfare so everybody---Americans and immigrants alike, knew that it was sink or swim for them. Not everybody who landed at Ellis Island was allowed to stay. There were many who were put right back on the boat that brought them here. Many Americans, as well as immigrants, were illiterate. Since we were an agrarian and industrial society, illiterate people were able to easily find work.

People came here knowing that in all likelihood, they would never see their families again. Thus, no one was crying and demanding that they be allowed to bring their entire extended family. If someone wanted to do that, they did it on their own dime and they did it legally. My maternal grandparents came here in 1921. One of the first things they did was to enroll in night school to learn English. As soon as they could, they became American citizens. My mother and her siblings grew up never having met their grandparents---and they knew they never would.

Things are different now, haven't you noticed?

So...Trump married a foreigner...and this is a problem for you because...?

Old 08-09-2019, 07:42 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
The left as forced me to stop giving a fig about kids separated from their families. So what I say! If you're sneaking around the country illegally then you had better make some arrangements if you have children and are in danger of being held for questioning, many people are held for questioning for all sorts of reason, kids cry, everyone lives and makes do. That is a parents responsibility not mine or the governments. If you ultimately get deported take them with you...TOGETHERNESS!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies