Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 06:49 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I see children being separated from criminal parents. It always sucks to be the child when the parents are criminals. Often the children being separated is due to the fact that the adult not only is not the parent but not even a relative.

Mean while the left demands we do more for illegals and ignore the plight of our own homeless.
Possible story is they see parents pay the price for dragging them through 3/4 countries to save them from hunger, violence, gang membership and to give them a place to lay their heads in peace, but many don’t give a rat azz about the reason. Not condoning illegal entry, but I understand it. God sees hearts - He will judge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 06:49 PM

15,528 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
What a joke!!!!!

Who do they think they are kidding???

I'm sorry for these kids, I am, but this is so freaking ridiculous.

The parents put them in this situation, simple as that.

This is a country of laws, not a dumping ground for everyone else's problems!!!
Each child has a parent at home. If both parents worked at the plant, one was sent home. If it was a single parent, that parent was sent home. 300 were sent home and expected to attend a later court date.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:51 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
It's called an investigation.
I'll take netting over 340 in raid any time. I wish they did it every day.
But keep in mind that the OP wanted NBC to say that the all here illegally when that was evidently not the case. He was, in effect, wanting the media to lie to us.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:00 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
But keep in mind that the OP wanted NBC to say that the all here illegally when that was evidently not the case. He was, in effect, wanting the media to lie to us.
I agree. That said, we separate children from criminal parents everyday. The parents are sent to prison and the children don't get to go. The parents in this case have a choice. Take their children with them back to wherever the parents came from or leave them here. It's a choice.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:03 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Also, your headline is actually more wrong than you might realize. "ICE detains people here illegally" in your headline describes the action ICE is taking, not the possible immigration situation of the people they are detaining. If NBC had used that as a headline, right wingers would have erupted... and probably should have in that case
Please, you and others know da*m well what I mean.

Can leftists not admit the news is all BS?

Tonight was great for the media, they got to headline about the poor immigrant kids.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:03 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Possible story is they see parents pay the price for dragging them through 3/4 countries to save them from hunger, violence, gang membership and to give them a place to lay their heads in peace, but many don’t give a rat azz about the reason. Not condoning illegal entry, but I understand it. God sees hearts - He will judge
Im not a christian and even if I were I would leave God out of the equation.

I don't condone what illegals do, nor do I assign free passes because it seems like the christian thing to do. Illegals are a net loss to our Nation and that is the most charitable thing that can be said about them.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:04 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Hold up. If you are born in a place of violence and you're hungry, why are you having kids in the first place? Some parents these illegals are. And I don't believe these illegals are coming here under fed. Everyone dang one of them I've seen are borderline obese on arrival.

I don't want people coming here from the third world that irresponsibly have children. They'll create the same society here they came from.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:06 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
You can say the same thing about FOX NEWS!
Fox news doesn't hate America, I can tell you that. That's a really stupid statement. They don't sit all day preaching about how awful the country allegedly is (in their warped mindsets) like CNN does.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:08 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
What a joke!!!!!

Who do they think they are kidding???

I'm sorry for these kids, I am, but this is so freaking ridiculous.

The parents put them in this situation, simple as that.

This is a country of laws, not a dumping ground for everyone else's problems!!!
Absolutely. These people should be prosecuted as child abusers as well as for trespassing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
We used to be considered a Humane country.
Using your money and the money from other pro-immigrant "progressives" we can be again. But what about working class wages that are depressed as a result?

Old 08-08-2019, 07:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Let's see here. I was a legal Guardian for Chronic paranoid schizophrenic non relative from April 1998 until his death in 2015. Known for helping quite a few people in distress. Let's here you good deeds before you try to get on me.
uuh we are talking about doing the humane thing, you have room now. By the way, you obviously don't know me but I don't feel the need to pat myself on the back like you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies