Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 06:56 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times

Advertisements

Can someone please explain to me why leftists have aligned with Muslims to such a degree that any criticism of any one of them is quickly dealt with? The traditionalists among them stand for everything that liberals claim to oppose: they hate Jews, they throw gays off of roofs, they stone women who "disobey" they fathers or husbands, etc., etc.

So what is their appeal? Why do leftists race to their defense, no matter how much in the wrong they may be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 07:00 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Can someone please explain to me why leftists have aligned with Muslims to such a degree that any criticism of any one of them is quickly dealt with? The traditionalists among them stand for everything that liberals claim to oppose: they hate Jews, they throw gays off of roofs, they stone women who "disobey" they fathers or husbands, etc., etc.

So what is their appeal? Why do leftists race to their defense, no matter how much in the wrong they may be?
As a gay man in an interracial marriage, I am very concerned that Democrats have aligned themselves with Muslims.

To answer your question, it's quite simple. You have to understand that leftists see everything in within the dichotomy of exploiter/exploited - right out of materialist Marxism. They can't help themselves. The West/Muslims, Israel/Palestine, white/black, citizen/illegal, etc.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:08 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,897 times
Trump needs to tweet this out so everyone is aware of who she is.

Send her back!

Old 08-09-2019, 07:13 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
If you're not a freeloader, why in the world would you support the Democrats? Or do you?
I don't blindly support the Democrats.

I voted for Reagan and I voted for Nader.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:13 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I'm not a freeloader or a left wing activist, but I think this post stinks to high heaven.
The truth stinks I agree. This whole thing is coming to an end. We had a good run.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
As a gay man in an interracial marriage, I am very concerned that Democrats have aligned themselves with Muslims.

To answer your question, it's quite simple. You have to understand that leftists see everything in within the dichotomy of exploiter/exploited - right out of materialist Marxism. They can't help themselves. The West/Muslims, Israel/Palestine, white/black, citizen/illegal, etc.
Yes, and as a Jew, I too am very concerned with their alignment as well - especially when it is at the official government level such as Congress.

And I agree with your explanation as to the reason.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:21 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
Quote:

"No one is free when others are oppressed."

https://www.adl.org/education/resour...ople-and-islam

Old 08-09-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
"No one is free when others are oppressed."

https://www.adl.org/education/resour...ople-and-islam
OK.....so you're proving Eastward to be correct: you see Muslims as being oppressed and thus you have raced in with something to defend them with. What about addressing how they hate Jews, throw gays off roofs, stone women, etc? Skip right over that to show how they're oppressed.

Thanks for proving the point.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:44 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It seems to me all these identity groups always look out and favor their own even no matter how in the wrong they are. Talk about supremacy.
Exactly! If you're an American it's this country you should be loyal not to your own ethnic group or the country of your ancestors. Then the left wonders why Trump made the remark "go back to your countries" if you don't like it here. Then the left falls all over themselves to defend these anti-American traitors.

It irks me that so many Hispanic-Americans are more loyal to Mexico and Mexicans here illegally than their fellow Americans. It reeks of supremacy and racism.

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-09-2019 at 07:53 AM..

Old 08-09-2019, 07:50 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Ilhan Omar supports them only because they share the same ethnicity. Can you imagine a White politician running interference for the Charlottesville murderer or the El Paso shooter because of the same race?

Call for censure of Ilhan Omar now.
Exactly! I don't see any white American rushing to the defense of the El Paso shooter just because he was white to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies