Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 07:51 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! If you're an American it's this country you should be loyal not to your own ethnic group or the country of your ancestors. Then the left wonders why Trump made the remark "go back to your countries" if you don't like it here. Then the left falls over themselves to defend these anti-American traitors.

It irks me that so many Hispanic-Americans are more loyal to Mexico and Mexicans here illegally than their fellow Americans. It reeks of supremacy and racism.
I know you're a Trump supporter, but you are perpetuating the lie that what Trump said was racist. Please, when quoting, quote the entire sentence!

“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came, then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!”

(But, of course, what he said was wrong because their country IS the United States of America, as they are all citizens.)

However, I do agree with you about many (but certainly not all) Mexicans. I saw evidence of that when I lived in SoCal for about 25 years, and I still see that today in Colorado.

Last edited by katharsis; 08-09-2019 at 08:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 08:01 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Can someone please explain to me why leftists have aligned with Muslims to such a degree that any criticism of any one of them is quickly dealt with? The traditionalists among them stand for everything that liberals claim to oppose: they hate Jews, they throw gays off of roofs, they stone women who "disobey" they fathers or husbands, etc., etc.

So what is their appeal? Why do leftists race to their defense, no matter how much in the wrong they may be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
"No one is free when others are oppressed."

https://www.adl.org/education/resour...ople-and-islam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
OK.....so you're proving Eastward to be correct: you see Muslims as being oppressed and thus you have raced in with something to defend them with. What about addressing how they hate Jews, throw gays off roofs, stone women, etc? Skip right over that to show how they're oppressed.

Thanks for proving the point.
You may have missed my point.

The link I provided is an Anti-Defamation League FAQ on Islam. It dispels many of the myths associated with Islam. Very informative.

about ADL--
. . . Founded in 1913 in response to an escalating climate of anti-Semitism and bigotry, its timeless mission is to protect the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment for all. Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of hate with the same vigor and passion. ADL is a global leader in exposing extremism and delivering anti-bias education, and is a leading organization in training law enforcement. ADL is the first call when acts of anti-Semitism occur. ADL’s ultimate goal is a world in which no group or individual suffers from bias, discrimination or hate.

Last edited by AguaDulce; 08-09-2019 at 09:02 AM..

Old 08-09-2019, 08:40 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
We'll see whom they can find. If they find someone solid, she'll lose all support from the DNC and get torn up in the primaries.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ary-challenger

The seat will stay (D), she's just causing too many problems for the democrats nationally while bringing nothing to the table that some other democrat from that district cannot.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:56 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
These men should be kicked out of the country. Put them in a plane, fly them over Syria or Somalia and kick them out.

preferably over the ocean while at 40,000ft.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:59 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
They always have and always will. but white people are the problem.

Nah, but dumbass white people like those who would take the word of murderous dictators among others over that of the entire US Intelligence community are definitely at least part of the problem.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:04 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We'll see whom they can find. If they find someone solid, she'll lose all support from the DNC and get torn up in the primaries.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ary-challenger

The seat will stay (D), she's just causing too many problems for the democrats nationally while bringing nothing to the table that some other democrat from that district cannot.
The whole squad is bringing too much negative attention to the Dem party. I can't believe the higher ups including Pelosi haven't got them under control. Pelosi sorta had AOC quieted down but just a day or two ago she started up with her everyone is racist rhetoric.

Jeez, what a way to win people over. Call them all racist or subliminal racists or potential racists or whatever she exactly said.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:09 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I don't blindly support the Democrats.

I voted for Reagan and I voted for Nader.
Good! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to generalize. I voted for Gore and Kerry in my youth. Then, I voted for Obama, but then started to trend Republican and voted for Johnson in 2012 and then Trump in 2016.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:19 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Good! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to generalize. I voted for Gore and Kerry in my youth. Then, I voted for Obama, but then started to trend Republican and voted for Johnson in 2012 and then Trump in 2016.
I'm a middle-aged white lady who listens to old school gansta rap and bluegrass. I like to keep 'em guessing.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:28 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I truly do appreciate people like you who are not stuck in one mindset forever, as I think that shows an open mind -- although I am wondering why you voted for Trump instead of a third party candidate again. (I can guess at the answer, but I don't like making assumptions.)

Old 08-09-2019, 09:45 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times
Canary in the coal mine. The fact that we even HAVE an Omar in Congress shows you how far we have sunk.

We are toast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies