Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is responsible for your safety?
The government 4 6.67%
The police 2 3.33%
The politicians 0 0%
Other gun owners 0 0%
I don’t know but not me. 1 1.67%
I am responsible for the safety of my family and myself. 53 88.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 11:28 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Those people should not be walking the streets. Period. In the past, they would be swinging by the neck, on Sunday afternoon.

If you walk freely in society, you as a human have every right to defend yourself how you see fit, including the right to bear arms.
Blame the dumb ass that let them free. There is your threat to society in the future.
So you're for restricting those people from having guns? If so, we have no argument. But a background check and a wait for a couple of days is how that's happening right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 11:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
To add to that:

Someone who has written a manifesto talking about how he's going to shoot up the Hispanic population at a Walmart?

Someone whose grandmother has alerted the police that he is planning a mass shooting?
Read it again. There is no mention of Hispanic. You mentioning Hispanic, has racist overtones.

He said Mexicans....
You be dishonest with your friends, but don't be dishonest with us.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:30 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
So you're for restricting those people from having guns? If so, we have no argument. But a background check and a wait for a couple of days is how that's happening right now.
Those people have been prohibited from having guns since the GCA of 1968. Where have you been?

Old 08-09-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The same could be said for all manner of property that would be bad to be in the hands of a schizophrenic, child abuser, felon, etc. Steak knives, pointy end scissors, leather belt, sharp stick, etc. Any of those outlawed or buried under mountains of red tape to acquire, simply because a schizophrenic, child abuser or felon might get their hands on them?
Okay, let's have lots of red tape for steak knives, pointy end scissors, leather belts, sharp sticks, and guns. I'm fine with that.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Those people have been prohibited from having guns since the GCA of 1968. Where have you been?
And yet they get them. So a background check can help make sure they don't.

Under your logic, you're against having a border wall - - there's already a law that illegal immigrants shouldn't be here. We've already made that law; no need to do anything else.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Good thing you're not a schizophrenic, child abuser, person with a criminal record, etc.
Good thing.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I'm not. I'm tired of lunatics who believe Jade Helm. It's not happening.
Why do you fear that?

Old 08-09-2019, 11:34 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Okay, let's have lots of red tape for steak knives, pointy end scissors, leather belts, sharp sticks, and guns. I'm fine with that.
I know you are. You love it.

What about the part of my mind that can (well, in my younger days) break into any residence regardless of home security measures? It was my job but I could have used the knowledge for nefarious activities.

Do we scrub my brain? I can't talk to others? I'm not allowed to own certain things because of my knowledge base?

Old 08-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The same could be said for all manner of property that would be bad to be in the hands of a schizophrenic, child abuser, felon, etc. Steak knives, pointy end scissors, leather belt, sharp stick, etc. Any of those outlawed or buried under mountains of red tape to acquire, simply because a schizophrenic, child abuser or felon might get their hands on them?
They let the Insane Asylum loose. Now, the public must conform to them, for our safety. Now that is insane

Old 08-09-2019, 11:36 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
And yet they get them. So a background check can help make sure they don't.

Under your logic, you're against having a border wall - - there's already a law that illegal immigrants shouldn't be here. We've already made that law; no need to do anything else.
Same logic, if we pass a comprehensive ban, they would still have guns.

My point is that background check is stupid. Those people need to be in prison or hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies