Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 04:05 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times

Advertisements

Trump has taken the growing economy he inherited and with his trade wars and reckless policies, brought us to the brink of recession. I believe 2020 is shaping up to be a perilous year for the U.S. economy. I believe that by the election, unemployment will be skyrocketing, people will be losing their homes, and we'll see one or two big bank failures. It could be even worse if China decides to completely unload U.S. debt, a very real possibility. Most people on this board who are working will likely either be laid off or know somebody who is laid off by next year at this time.

Thing is, none of this had to happen. This is 100% on Donald Trump. Now we all are going to have to suffer.

Democrats need to start shifting the conversation to this because I believe that the collapsing economy will be their winning issue in 2020. The U.S. needs to join the rest of the world in embracing the 21st century rather than trying to bring back the middle of the 20th century, destroying itself in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 04:06 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump has taken the growing economy he inherited and with his trade wars and reckless policies, brought us to the brink of recession. I believe 2020 is shaping up to be a perilous year for the U.S. economy. I believe that by the election, unemployment will be skyrocketing, people will be losing their homes, and we'll see one or two big bank failures. It could be even worse if China decides to completely unload U.S. debt, a very real possibility. Most people on this board who are working will likely either be laid off or know somebody who is laid off by next year at this time.

Thing is, none of this had to happen. This is 100% on Donald Trump. Now we all are going to have to suffer.

Democrats need to start shifting the conversation to this because I believe that the collapsing economy will be their winning issue in 2020. The U.S. needs to join the rest of the world in embracing the 21st century rather than trying to bring back the middle of the 20th century, destroying itself in the process.
Democrats have to figure out how to crash the economy before they can start talking about it.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:08 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Democrats have to figure out how to crash the economy before they can start talking about it.
Trump is doing a very good job of that on his own.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:09 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
There hasn't been a recession for a record amount of time.... Now the OP wants the liberals to abuse the knowledge that it will eventually happen as if they even knew the reason for it... Complete horsecrap... But then that is typical of liberals to deceive people...

Old 08-09-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Trump is doing a very good job of that on his own.
Except in reality, the exact opposite is true and people see it. People see that their taxes are lower, people see that their wages are rising, people see that the POTUS is doing everything he can to correct the horrendous trade deals that have left the US screwed for decades and they see the POTUS actually doing something about things that matter like illegal immigration and prison reform.

You have nothing but angry idiots crying about fake racism and pipe dreams of a crashing economy. Sad.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:14 PM

30,383 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:

But if you are talking to intelligent people, they will note that the economy was crashed with a Dem Congress in 2007/2008, made worse with a Dem House, Senate and President, then revived under a Republican Congress and now hitting some headwinds with the 2018 Blue Wave Dem Congress.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:15 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Yup, it's not a road that they want to go down. they better stick to the "old white men", Mueller/collusion, "white supremicist" talking points, because they lose on just about everything.

GDP/GNP is high
Personal Consumption Expenditures Index is high
Housing market--solid.
Record Low Unemployment
Stock Market shaky...but still doing well overall.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Yup, it's not a road that they want to go down. they better stick to the "old white men", Mueller/collusion, "white supremicist" talking points, because they lose on just about everything.

GDP/GNP is high
Personal Consumption Expenditures Index is high
Housing market--solid.
Record Low Unemployment
Stock Market shaky...but still doing well overall.
And don't forget that they're about to nominate the oldest, creepiest white dude in the race to run against Trump. The guy who's been in politics longer than most democrats have been alive and has accomplished nothing but inappropriately touching hundreds of little girls on live TV and making racist comments at the worst possible time.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:24 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,969,854 times
old story: "it's the economy, stupid."
Carville was right for Clinton.
Trump went with:
"what have you got to lose?"
and won.
in my opinion, D's have to,
and i mean have to, talk
money for voters.
which, i think, leads to
reparations promises.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:27 PM

21,947 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
There hasn't been a recession for a record amount of time.... Now the OP wants the liberals to abuse the knowledge that it will eventually happen as if they even knew the reason for it... Complete horsecrap... But then that is typical of liberals to deceive people...
My favorite part is when they claim the economy under Obama was great. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies