Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 10:33 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As a liberal black person who has lived my life around other black people. I have to disagree.

Lets also be clear. I define liberal by ideology, not party affiliation.

As many right of center people have stated, most black people are actually conservative.

Civil rights, and public schools are the biggest cross over issues.
It doesn't matter what people say they are when the majority vote for Democrats every time they vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 10:38 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Black leftists are some of the most racist people I've met. And I write this as a black constitutional conservative.
I am a White guy who is registered as a Republican and I have found that some of the racist people in this country are Black and White people on either political side.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It doesn't matter what people say they are when the majority vote for Democrats every time they vote.
(D) is a party. Not an ideology. hence my point.

One can be ideologically liberal and vote republican, or conservative and vote for Democrats.

For example, there are plenty of black Democrats here in Alabama(elected officials) who still dont support gay rights. I have said before, I did not vote for my 1st dst congressional candidate because of his homophobia. These people arent liberal. They jsut have a D beside their name.

You yourself said you vote fro Democrats, but are a moderate, not liberal. How do you not understand ideology while making a clear ideological distinction?

Old 08-10-2019, 10:45 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Got a quote? Or are you just making that up?
I have never heard of a black conservative who didn't say that ,have you?

Old 08-10-2019, 11:07 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
(D) is a party. Not an ideology. hence my point.

One can be ideologically liberal and vote republican, or conservative and vote for Democrats.

For example, there are plenty of black Democrats here in Alabama(elected officials) who still dont support gay rights. I have said before, I did not vote for my 1st dst congressional candidate because of his homophobia. These people arent liberal. They jsut have a D beside their name.

You yourself said you vote fro Democrats, but are a moderate, not liberal. How do you not understand ideology while making a clear ideological distinction?
I think most people find it difficult to be 100% aligned with all the talking points of their party of choice. That's not unique and doesn't change the fact that they will stick with the party they feel best represents them.

But we're not talking about ideology, are we? We're talking about people who define themselves as liberals.

And I'm not saying ALL liberals behave badly, but there are extremists on both sides that do. Having said that, there have been more incidents where nutty libs have attacked people who disagree with them than the other way around.

As a Dem, I'd like that to stop. I don't want anything to do with that lunacy or the people doing it.

I have no connection with Republicans (although I'm conservative in some ways) so I don't really care what they do.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:49 AM

6,061 posts, read 2,009,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
What are the chances that this Black GOP'er at sometime said that Black Democrats need to "get off the plantation?"
apples and orange comparison. The phrase cited by OP is just out-and-out racist language. 'Get off the plantation' is an appeal to ideology. It's nothing that wasn't expressed many eons ago by Malcolm X.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think most people find it difficult to be 100% aligned with all the talking points of their party of choice. That's not unique and doesn't change the fact that they will stick with the party they feel best represents them.

But we're not talking about ideology, are we? We're talking about people who define themselves as liberals.
Yea, we are confusing each other here so let me try and clarify since the way you worded your post is just making this worse.

1. OP says GOP(party), but some posters are going by ideology rather than party, so thats what i discussed. Because its far more accurate to discuss ideology than party ID.

2. liberal is absolutely an ideology, and most black people dont identify as such.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...views-liberal/

3. I understand there is a difference between what someone identifies as, vs what they actually are. Black people fall into the category of Being Democrats by identification, but not actually being liberal by ideology.

Quote:
And I'm not saying ALL liberals behave badly, but there are extremists on both sides that do. Having said that, there have been more incidents where nutty libs have attacked people who disagree with them than the other way around.
Again I disagree. I think we place people into political boxes until they do something we really like or dont like. Black people being the best example. When conservatives want to court black people. they always say "you are conservative and agree with us more than Democrats" but anytime a black person commits a crime, they blame it on that persons' "liberalism", which as I already explained, that person probably isnt liberal at all

the conservative black guys who beat up a gay person dont get labeled as Conservative, even though thats exactly what they are. We just dont link those type of things to political violence or separate skin color and reprieved ideology., we just label those people crazy and move on.

I mean a guy in Texas just killed 22 people........

To be clear, im not even arguing that we should label bad people by ideology. Im more or less saying dont exclude people to make your numbers look better or treat all cases the same.

Same goes for COnservatives overall who use passive aggressive language to attack black people who vote for Democrats.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:28 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,136,040 times
The issue of the topic aside, I have to say that I had an honest and forceful chuckle when I read "stop eating the 'coon flakes'" in the thread title.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:39 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
The issue of the topic aside, I have to say that I had an honest and forceful chuckle when I read "stop eating the 'coon flakes'" in the thread title.
You were not eating any just then, I hope.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:42 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
I already made a post on the first page about it. Its the entire "Leaving the Democratic plantation" argument is racist and derogatory.

If you believe it is wrong to call someone an uncle tom, then certainly, its wrong to say someone is on a plantation, or to define someone as stupid to disagree with you ?

If you dont , then fine, but im guessing your argument is more along the lines of "someone is right, someone else is wrong" and in that case, it shows the whining is just a lies, or bad logic.
For the sake of argument, let's say that's racist. You know damn well that the examples are overwhelmingly lopsided with black leftists engaging in racist behavior against black conservatives. Again, its not even close. Of course, black leftist racism isn't just directed at black conservatives, but is used against whites, too (a la Symone Sanders and others).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies