Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 05:57 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Good Lord.

I'd call in the Warden and the Chief Psychologist to find out what happened.
Those are the 2 direct people responsible for Epstein.

Barr is far removed from this while the Warden and Chief Psychologist are physically there and personally responsible.

Do you think they called up Barr to ask his permission to take Epstein off suicide watch ?
No. And that isn't what I said.

Do you agree or disagree that the person in charge is nominally responsible for what happens under her/his watch?

The fact is, if there was skullduggery, I HIGHLY doubt that Barr would be involved. For the very reason that he IS nominally in charge of federal prisons, and wouldn't want that blot on his resume. So to speak.

He will have a lot of questions to answer. And until he answers them satisfactorily he will be in the hot seat. That's what it means to be in charge, and that is why they pay him the big bucks. Shrugging and saying "I dunno, that's not my responsibility" will not cut it.

Last edited by jacqueg; 08-10-2019 at 06:05 PM..

Old 08-10-2019, 05:58 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Yes, of course he must have had some help, maybe a gun pointed at his head.
Oh come on. A gunshot to the head is faster and easier than strangling to death. And a gunshot wound, assuming it was silenced, would be noticeable. Imagine the difficulty of covering that up.

The simplest explanation is the most probable. Epstein had help doing it himself, or he did it himself. The reason I hold out a possibility that he had help, is because the suicide watch had been lifted. I think if they focus on the why of that, something might surface. But no one went into a federal jail with a loaded gun, got into Epstein’s cell, and waved it around.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:04 PM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
If KARMA exists, he will still not be escaping consequences and will ultimately pay. (Just as his buddy D.T. will, who has escaped all of his life (so far) with no repercussions.
lol..trump's buddy. They had to dig back to 2002 to find that "connection".
yet no issue with Clinton's 26 trips logged on the Lolita Express ?

Old 08-10-2019, 06:06 PM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
No. And that isn't what I said.

Do you agree or disagree that the person in charge is nominally responsible for what happens under her/his watch?

The fact is, if there was skullduggery, I HIGHLY doubt that Barr would be involved. For the very reason that he IS nominally in charge of federal prisons, and wouldn't want that blot on his resume. So to speak.

He will have a lot of questions to answer. And until he answers them satisfactorily he will be in the hot seat. That's what it means to be in charge, and that is why they pay him the big bucks. Shrugging and saying "I dunno, that's not my responsibility" will not cut it.
Fine then. You can look beyond the people directly involved but I think it's the Warden and Chief Psychologist that have to answer questions.

Lois Lerner took the sword for the IRS scandal. I think it originated above her. But she took one for the team, resigned, got her pension and most likely a padded bank account to put that scandal to rest.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:09 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Fine then. You can look beyond the people directly involved but I think it's the Warden and Chief Psychologist that have to answer questions.
I'm sure Barr will be investigating, and I'm sure they will have to account to him for themselves.

But if Congress gets involved - and I suspect they will - it will be Barr they will call.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:12 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Some one killed that guy in case he named names. Thats how the mob works....

Old 08-10-2019, 06:12 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So I saw that Trump is retweeting the conspiracy theory that the Clintons ordered the killing. Hmmm, sounds like he may be trying to take any heat off of himself and directing it towards the Clintons.
OF COURSE! Remember, his saying "rigged", "conspiracy", "crooked" and more, when it all applies to him. I envisoned that he breathed a sigh of relief, stupidly thinking he is "off the hook" (again), when possibly having had a hand in this event, himself.

He spends most of his time having something be diverted or deflected from himself, being utterly focused upon his escaping blame or consequences, his ENTIRE life.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:15 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think he just offed himself to not stand trial. Why is it so hard to believe just the facts?
The sad truthful answer is it is fun to think about whether a more conspiracy oriented answer is plausible.

I Hazzard to guess if people who voted YES were asked, do you really seriously think it wasn't just a simple suicide by someone who realized he would never walk free, that they would say NO.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:16 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Do I believe that Epstein committed suicide?

I believe e that people have been suicided, that knew a lot less and had less dirt, on people of power.

It would take a lot to convince me that this was just a scared man saying screw it I want to die.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:19 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
lol..trump's buddy. They had to dig back to 2002 to find that "connection".
yet no issue with Clinton's 26 trips logged on the Lolita Express ?
I have to agree. I am no Trump supporter, in fact the opposite is true. That said the Trump haters go back to a point before the man was ever charged with a crime and completely disregard Bills many trips to paradise island. This just shows how very partisan the rabid left can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies