Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 08:40 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,601,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
His death does nothing to preclude civil suits against Epstein’s estate, including suits by those who previously settled with Epstein. Those suits can name names. The “ victims”, not Epstein, are the great risk of exposure.

Virginia Roberts Giuffre disclosed some names. That she claims is not proof.

We are supposed to believe that at age 17, she knew who Dershowitz was. A coincidence that he was a part of Epstein’s original defense team?
Civil suits are not the problem for the powerful people involved. No one has designs on Epsteins estate......it will likely all go to charity and victims and whoever the lawyers hash out.....

BUT, as far as all the other cases...they will settle down quite a bit from what WAS going to be. Watch. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, but I've never seen things any other way in many decades of watching.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:47 AM

30,183 posts, read 23,588,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/jeffrey-e...parent-suicide

Correctional officers at the New York City prison housing Jeffrey Epstein didn't check in on him for hours leading up to his apparent suicide on Saturday after his cellmate was transferred for reasons that were not immediately clear, according to a report.

For "several" hours leading up to his death, correctional officers hadn't checked in with Epstein — despite being required to visit him every 20 minutes, The Washington Post reported.

Additionally, Epstein was supposed to have a cellmate. But the person who was assigned to share a cell with Epstein was transferred on Friday before the 66-year-old's death, according to the Post. It was not immediately clear why the cellmate was transferred or why no one else was assigned to room with Epstein.
Oh, look at that. He had "attempted suicide" just weeks before, they took him off of suicide watch, transferred his cell mate, no video of anything, they didn't check his cell for hours, and he's dead - from apparent suicide.

No, they do not video in cells if he's off of suicide watch. They do video every other part of the pod. AND they do HOURLY checks - that is required. You don't just sit at a desk and observe from afar, part of the job is to get your butt up and visually check into each cell every. fricken. hour at the least. That's for regular inmates. This dude was supposed to be checked every 20 minutes. Some do it more just to throw the inmates off. But they didn't check on him for hours, his cell mate was transferred - and he "committed suicide".

Give me a fricken break. Anyone who is buying this BS is one naive fool.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,533,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
We seem to have lost all sight of the fact that Trump was a good buddy too. And he's the one hollering the loudest. Jus' sayin'.
Appears most took a giant step away from Epstein when the original Epstein Investigation began.

Thus far no one has implicated Trump or Clinton.

The prospect of civil suits against Epstein’s estate will compel many to come out of the woodwork. No doubt, some will be false claims.

Teen girls were recruited, trained and paid for their services. We are not talking about prepubescent children snatched out of their beds, at night. No one was held in a cage.

Most of the girls returned once they knew massage = sex. They accepted payment for their services. Some went on to recruit other teen girls. Eventually, girls aged out and departed.

Age of consent is a moving target. 100 years ago, age of consent was 10-12 in most states. One state, Delaware determined the age of consent for a girl to be age 7.

I am not making excuses for the POS.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Have we gotten the details on how he died?
Was it hanging by rope, clothes, or drug overdose?
Nope.

DOJ has yet to release any details associated with the 7/23 event.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The real puppet masters would consider the Clintons to be servants. People like the Bushes might be trusted servants, but the Clintons would be troublesome servants that needed constant cleaning up after. Obama would be more like a pet. So I'd put Epstein's murderers higher up than them. He had dirt on the masters of the world banks, global commerce, heads of state, crowned heads of Europe,entertainment moguls. I don't think he was as depraved as some like the Podestas, but bad enough. But the Clintons have been awfully quiet and its been publicly stated that some high up favorites of the left are going to have to be dropped over this affair. Let's hope that still happens.
We can always trust the government to protect us. And to screw us and to lie to us and steal from us and to prey on us.
Well, in that sense you are somewhat correct...but even the powerful are chained to their own power through something or someone.

No doubt the British Royals, the American Royals (you are correct that the Bush family is quite high up...or was), the Cheneys of the world (arms and oil merchants, mercenaries), etc. are all big parts.

The Israeli PM...that's a BIG DEAL.....especially since we know he wasn't the one of a kind.

But none of this really means it's "deep state". What I have found in my dealings with people of much less power (but I think it works the same) is that these people simply expect that "he does it, she does it, we all do it and there is no one to hold us to account".....

I think if you look at it like the crooked cops in NYC (or many areas) back when or even now (our local tiny FL. Village LE looks 10's of millions and committed uncountable illegal acts), you get the idea.

Or, even what I saw in small town politics in NJ....for example:

There was a sex and drug dungeon in the basement of a burb house...someone got murdered as a result...it was all powerful (and MIC connected, since they were the largest employer in the area)...and the case was frozen two days before the trial (stuff would have come out)...and that is that.

One county pol, who is now a judge for life sitting over cases up to murder, tried to cop a feel from my wife....and he did it in a way that it seemed that many must allow it.

Another LM employee and Mayor was photographed in his undies with a rent-boy that was blackmailing him. Being as he was a high up Engineer at Lockheed...one might have concerns.

We know that the state Gov was involved with an Israeli ex-military dude who he hired for a Security position (the guy was not American!) and had a gay affair with!
https://www.haaretz.com/1.4787118

And on and on and on and on. I could go on, but why bother?

Some people think the world is all Roses and that only a "few bad people" are who we clearly see in the news. Others think there are 100's of cabals that meet and make secret plans for taking over the world......

I don't think either are correct. I think our systems fail us and we give too much power to many people (our POTUS system is, at heart, a poor one because this country is too big to give one person that type of control)....

People are easily corruptible. I tend to think Americans are especially bad given that we are well-off (people in poverty HAVE to do things to survive), but I might be wrong. Our system is based largely on honor (what type of superpower can rely on "trust" to collect income taxes, for example?).....and many don't have it.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
vince foster'd. i'm waiting to hear from seth rich's family how its all a big coincidence
Multiple investigations concluded the former was a Suicide and the latter an attempted robbery. Nonetheless, conspiracy theories persist.

People believe anything when it seems to validate and reinforce their perceptions.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:00 AM

29,978 posts, read 18,545,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh, look at that. He had "attempted suicide" just weeks before, they took him off of suicide watch, transferred his cell mate, no video of anything, they didn't check his cell for hours, and he's dead - from apparent suicide.

No, they do not video in cells if he's off of suicide watch. They do video every other part of the pod. AND they do HOURLY checks - that is required. You don't just sit at a desk and observe from afar, part of the job is to get your butt up and visually check into each cell every. fricken. hour at the least. That's for regular inmates. This dude was supposed to be checked every 20 minutes. Some do it more just to throw the inmates off. But they didn't check on him for hours, his cell mate was transferred - and he "committed suicide".

Give me a fricken break. Anyone who is buying this BS is one naive fool.

I agree- anyone who thinks he really committed suicide is a fool.

However, you will have MANY liberals stating that he was not killed and that the democrats (Clintons) had nothing to do with it. Why? They believed all the other deaths were just "coincidences" as well, so another death for a Clinton friend is just par for the course.

Are we to suspect that the Clintons are just "Jonahs" and have really, really bad luck with their friends dying on them right and left?

Old 08-12-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I agree- anyone who thinks he really committed suicide is a fool.

Are we to suspect that the Clintons are just "Jonahs" and have really, really bad luck with their friends dying on them right and left?
Yeah, look at Daddy Bush....Clintons loved him and he died.

I'm sure the Clintons know thousands or tens of thousands of people......many died. Wow. Even Reagan died.......and I'm sure Bill and Hillary knew him well.

When Trump passes we'll be able to say it was because he invited the Clintons to his 3rd Wedding.....

When the Clintons pass we'll be able to note that....well, they did so because they knew themselves well.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I rather doubt it was the Clintons. Too obvious. Not that they wouldnt.

Someone either.
worth 100MM+ likely 500MM+
or
member or former member of congress, president, cabinet.
or
high end family like Clintons

Some will still be prosecuted but this will drastically reduce the number of ubermensch prosecuted.
His death is meaningless.

There may be real unaltered tapes- thousands of tapes anywhere in the world. Tapes could be released at any time, including post humous.

Absolutely no one who engaged has any certainty that their secrets died with Epstein.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:11 AM

24,364 posts, read 22,946,540 times
The poll seems about right. Maybe 20 to 25% of the people are who I call " The Ostrich People" who have their heads in the sand(or some other place) and like to live in a world that doesn't scare them and be told that everything is okay.
The rest will look at something and at least wonder about it. A few will try to find out the truth and inform others about it. Of course, now these people have been branded dangerous conspiracy theorists and online free speech has to be restricted for "our safety".
Like when we were told we had to restrict online free speech because the Russians fixed our election. Until we found out they didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies