Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 03:32 PM

25,772 posts, read 12,840,301 times

Advertisements

How do you all know that Jeffrey Epstein is dead? Because you read it on the Internet?

I caution you all not to be so naive.

Which of you has seen the body?

Which of you know someone who has seen the body?

Do you think anyone will ever see the body?

He's not dead. He was taken.

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Can you imagine the payout the guy got who did him in.
A Trump condo and a White House job?

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It happened on and under his watch.

I am not convinced Barr was not aware Epstein was no longer under Watch. This will never be known unless there is documentation.

Most prisoners do not remain under Watch indefinitely. Epstein was not most prisoners. Did Barr make clear Epstein needed to remain under Watch?
Well, Barr and Trump sure seemed to know every hour of Manaforts movements in the same NY system.....to the point where, for the first time I can remember, they got personally involved to make sure that "good man" didn't go to the normal holding facilities.

These people spend ALL their time trying to keep "their" criminals from having to face justice.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:33 PM

43,140 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Your link doesn't say this so we don't know for sure. The only way we know is if someone specifically tells us.
I did post links when you asked.

Do you really think they don't have cameras in 10 South ?
That is where high profile prisoners go.

El Chapo was the master of escape and they put him there until his trial.

So rather than go investigate for yourself you're going to sit there and wait for "someone to tell you" ?

Old 08-10-2019, 03:33 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It happened on and under his watch.

I am not convinced Barr was not aware Epstein was no longer under Watch. This will never be known unless there is documentation.

Most prisoners do not remain under Watch indefinitely. Epstein was not most prisoners. Did Barr make clear Epstein needed to remain under Watch?
I don't understand the line of thinking that the AG of the US would be involved in the suicide watch of a high profile inmate in custody. That process would be handled much farther down the food chain and probably in the hands of medical staff.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:34 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Is it bad the song "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" by AC/DC is going through my head?

As far as the coroner...I hope they are not bought and paid for to rule this as a suicide if it is indeed a homicide. I agree something smells rotten. With so many people saying they wonder how long he will last until he dies, you would think they would do everything in their power to keep him safe and alive.
Yep.
This is the thing.
A high profile individual with connections to powerful people, many implicated in the same deeds.
The government has been going on about conspiracy theorists for awhile.

The people in government should think maybe we should have multiple cameras and guards watching him 24/7 to shut up the conspiracy theorists...

I guess they prove the conspiracy theorists right by their own actions.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Now Professor Marvin Minsky has been accused of raping a woman on Epstein's island. Damn.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/9/20...cords-unsealed

Well Minsky's dead now so he can't defend himself. But jeez... the guy was a Genius. What was he thinking?
That he was accused does not mean it happened.

Kavenaugh was confirmed despite the accusations and testimony.

Public reaction is often based solely on politics.

Thus far no one has accused either Trump or Clinton. That has not however prevented many from a belief otherwise.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:35 PM

43,140 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
How do you all know that Jeffrey Epstein is dead? Because you read it on the Internet?

I caution you all not to be so naive.

Which of you has seen the body?

Which of you know someone who has seen the body?

Do you think anyone will ever see the body?

He's not dead. He was taken.
I've read that also.
Just like OBL..."we got him but dumped his body in the ocean so just trust us"

There's also pictures circulating....of course without his face covered.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:36 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Can you imagine the payout the guy got who did him in.
A Trump condo and a White House job?
LOL - --He's got a lot of "acting" chiefs in his cabinet----lots of openings.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:37 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I did post links when you asked.

Do you really think they don't have cameras in 10 South ?
That is where high profile prisoners go.

El Chapo was the master of escape and they put him there until his trial.

So rather than go investigate for yourself you're going to sit there and wait for "someone to tell you" ?
Because I worked for years in what people call a "supermax" and no cells had cameras, only common areas and yards. It doesn't happen normally. It is too costly and requires too much monitor equipment and staff. Housing units have many cells. Inmates would complain if they did not have any privacy whatsoever. The only cells that have cameras are ones used for suicide watch.

Enough reasons for me to want the specific information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies