Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 06:57 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times

Advertisements

Yes, this isn't cool. Hypocrisy, even if it feels warranted sometimes with how much he slings it about. I try myself and the only thing I really use in reference to him besides his name is troll because he does legitimately do that alllllll the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 06:59 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Wow Andrew Yang, a push up contest lol

Old 08-14-2019, 07:04 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
We need to be better than the president and not resort to childish name calling. And by we, I mean everyone including some guy who is probably going to drop out of the 2020 race in a month or two. It's embarrassing when people of political power do this no matter what letter they have beside their name.
Wow, you really are an "atypical liberal" with this view point. And I say that with all sincerity. Because the left has liked to attack Donald Trump and other Republicans, despite having a long history of using similar language/attacks. Here's just a little snippet:

-Rashida Talib 2015: "Deport this *******" (referring to Trump)

-Congressman William Clay, Sr. (D-MO) in 1989: "Ronald Reagan is trying to replace the Bill of Rights with fascist precepts lifted verbatim Mein Kampf"

-Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA) in 1992: "I believe [George H.W. Bush] is a racist for many reasons . . . a mean spirited man who has no care or concern about what happens to the African American community . . . I truly believe that"

-Congressman Charlie Rangel (D-NY) in 1994: "Its not 'spick' [s-word] or '******' [n-word] anymore. (Republicans) say let's cut taxes"

-Congressman John Dingell (D-MI) in 1995: "[The new Republican controlled house] is like the Duma and the Reichstag"

-Congressman Jim McDermott (D-WA) in 2002: "What we are dealing with right now in this country is whether we are having a kind of bloodless, silent coup. . . . President [George W. Bush] is trying to bring to himself all the power to become an emperor - to create Empire America."

-Congressman Charlie Rangel (D-NY) in 2005: "George W. Bush is our Bull Connor"

-Governor Howard Dean and DNC Chairman in 2005: "[Democrats vs. Republicans is] a struggle between good and evil. And we're the good"

-George Soros in 2006: "[George W.] Bush has improved on the techniques used by the Nazi and communist propaganda machines"

-Senator Claire McCatskill (then up for election to the Senate) (D-MO) in 2006: "George [W.] Bush let people die in New Orleans because they were poor and because they were black"

-Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) in 2006: [George W. Bush's administration engaged] in ethnic cleansing by inaction . . . So by simply not doing anything to alleviate this . . . they let the hurricane do the ethnic cleansing, and their hands are clean

-NAACP Chair and George state politician Julian Bond in 2006: "The Republican Party would have the American flag and the swastika flying side by side"

-Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) in 2006: "The House of Representatives has been run like a plantation. And you know what I'm talking about"

-Vice President Joe Biden in 2012: "[Mitt Romney's] goin' put y'all back in chains"

-Congressman Charlie Rangel (D-NY) in 2014: "Some [Republicans] believe that slavery isn't over and they think they won the Civil War"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUNynMEtRFk

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

-Hillary Clinton's racism against Indians: "Its from Mahatma Ghandi. He ran a gas station down in St. Louis for a couple of years"

https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/feat...-and-misogyny/

-Hillary Clinton in 2016 denigrating tens of millions of Americans: "[Y]ou could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic – Islamophobic – you name it."

-Former DC Mayor and then Councilman after celebrating his primary victory in 2012: "We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops. They ought to go”

https://nypost.com/2012/04/07/the-racism-we-ignore/

-Al Sharpton (whom Democrats STILL defend as a "civil rights leader" in 1994: "We built pyramids before Donald Trump even knew what architecture was. We taught philosophy and astrology [sic] and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it…Do some cracker come and tell you, ‘Well my mother and father blood go back to the Mayflower,’ you better hold your pocket. That ain’t nothing to be proud of, that means their forefathers was crooks"

-Al Sharpton in 1998: "I disagree with [Khalid Abdul] Muhammad. I'm against hate, anti-Semitism and homophobia.… This is not a village of hate. It's a village of hope.… Don't let MIDGETS give us a bad name. There are still giants in Harlem giants who will stand up for our children"

-Hillary Clinton claimed that "all women deserve to be believe," but then went on to savagely attack the women who dared accuse Bill of sexual assault, rape, and sexual harassment

-Ilhan Omar on Twitter about Israel: "Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel"

-Ilhan Omar on support support to Israel: "Its all about the Benjamins, baby"

Many of these statements are truly shocking and disgraceful. But this is what we have been dealing with for decades . . . the left stoking racial and religious tensions and making outright racist and antisemitic comments. The main difference is that the left has largely been ignored by the MSM for their disgraceful comments, while the right has comparatively speaking played nice. The left is enraged about Donald Trump as the GOP has a president who is finally willing to fight back against their crap!

Old 08-14-2019, 07:07 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
He is a fat slob, but that's the least of my issues with him. As a candidate I certainly wouldn't talk about his physical appearance even though trump insults everyone else's looks.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:10 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
So you are voting for Elizabeth Warren?
If she's the nominee I will. Some people like dogs and some people like pu$$ies like Trump

Old 08-14-2019, 08:13 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,783,284 times
I don't see any inaccuracies in Mr. Yang's statement.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:43 AM

14,772 posts, read 8,103,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-contest.html

Just more leftist hypocrisy. Another Dem using similar attacks that the left criticizes our president for. This is exactly why the left's hypocritical attacks fall on deaf ears when I and others hear them.

One might also say it is quite hypocritical for anyone to get upset with Trump being called any kind of name.
Considering he dishes it out in bucketfuls on nearly a daily basis.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:55 AM

934 posts, read 402,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I don't see any inaccuracies in Mr. Yang's statement.
Neither do I. It's out of character quite a bit, and I don't expect him to go that way in the future.
It was fun, though.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:59 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
I bet Yang got rejected a lot by women.

Old 08-15-2019, 06:35 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
One might also say it is quite hypocritical for anyone to get upset with Trump being called any kind of name.
Considering he dishes it out in bucketfuls on nearly a daily basis.

The point is to be above all that. Why let Trump set the bar?

Yang has also cursed in his tweets, I don't get it. How about at least try to bring some class and decorum back to politics especially seeking the highest office. It seems like no one can strongly get their point across without being nasty. If they do it "because Trump does" they are just lemmings. We need someone who actually wants to steer the ship not roll in the dirt just because someone else is down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies