Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 04:55 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Please explain why it is beneficial that children be aware of homosexual “issues” given that most of the “issues” are self-inflicted through behavior and displays of socially unacceptable actions. Do you have desires to further normalize the abnormal and attempt to make acceptable on a large scale that which has been unacceptable to most? Are not discussions of such matters best left to the family from which values are learned? Do you think that a subset of society pursuing a liberal or “progressive” agenda should own the hearts and minds of our children and take precedence in shaping their attitudes when such shaping runs contrary to that of the family from which these children come?

Leave the “issues” where they belong and dealt with by those whom they affect.
Do you really think LGBTQ doesn't affect everyone? Do you really think there are no LGBTQ students in public schools? Do you really think the admission that people who have achieved in or affected our society, our world, and our history are gay or bi or whatever is going to "turn" kids gay or bi or whatever? Do you really think there's nothing to learn from how our society has treated LGBTQ people like second class citizens, or worse, demonized them?

Learning about LGBTQ issues in history and in current events isn't going to hurt anyone. What are you afraid of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
School is not, or should not be, intended to teach children the "benefits of diversity," transgender stuff, and whatever other messages the liberals want to send. School is to acquire the basic foundational knowledge - reading, math, history, geography, science, and perhaps a second language.
You think there were no LGBTQ people involved in "basic foundational knowledge" throughout human history? Like it or not, people who are gay etc. exist, they have existed throughout history, they have affected our society and will continue to do so.

What are you afraid of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 05:00 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
One example is Sally Ride. Why would it matter that she was a lesbian? Sexuality has nothing to do with being an astronaut. I don’t get why it matters if someone if a member of the LGBTQ community if what they accomplished had nothing to do with that.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/08/11/u...rnd/index.html
oh look more misleading headlines.

The new curriculum is introducing lots of things including history that might include LGBTQ community.

If you tell me Ben Franklin was married and had x number of kids, then it is consistent to tell me Sally Ride was in a long term relationship with a woman but they couldn't get married but would have (I don't know if this is the case but it's for argument purposes).

They aren't teaching the kids about sex...they are teaching the kids that there are Blacks, Gays, Mexicans, etc...that have stories and history in this country.

Why so threatened?

Old 08-12-2019, 05:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I have a problem with people's tax dollars being used to advance a POLTICAL agenda like LGBT normalization, especially to IMPRESSIONABLE children.

How about we let the NRA in to talk about Gun Safety? Oh, but that would actually be practical and helpful, and could save lives. Can't have that!
So you pretty strongly feel that gay kids should be banned from going to public schools to protect IMPRESSIONABLE straight children from them?

Old 08-12-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It's none of our business until it is our business.

And it's my business when they propose to get their freak on in front of my kids.

Wake up, sheeple.
Why? Because we would all be surprised by the number of straight kids who want to try indulging in gay sex acts?

Old 08-12-2019, 05:15 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why? Because we would all be surprised by the number of straight kids who want to try indulging in gay sex acts?

^^^
There you are, folks.

Notwithstanding the fact that schools shoukd be teaching academics, you have the **t dream of the alphabet mob--that what straight kids really want to do, is get their freak on.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Please explain why it is beneficial that children be aware of homosexual “issues” given that most of the “issues” are self-inflicted through behavior and displays of socially unacceptable actions. Do you have desires to further normalize the abnormal and attempt to make acceptable on a large scale that which has been unacceptable to most? Are not discussions of such matters best left to the family from which values are learned? Do you think that a subset of society pursuing a liberal or “progressive” agenda should own the hearts and minds of our children and take precedence in shaping their attitudes when such shaping runs contrary to that of the family from which these children come?

Leave the “issues” where they belong and dealt with by those whom they affect.
Talk about abnormal, kids are going to face homosexual related issues from time to time. They may wonder why one of the girls in the neighborhood is the only girl playing football with the boys at the park, while her brother isn't with the boys, because he is at home dressing his Barbie dolls. Do you think the parents should be in trouble for permitting such behavior in their kids? I was once a kid who wondered about that and those two kids did turn out to be gay. I think they found partners to live with and are happy. Why should anybody not accept what is normal with them. Opposite sex relationships wouldn't be normal to them. Why should I or society try to make someone love who they can't? It's not really about liberal, conservative or progressive. Once again, live and let live.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No it's not. That would mean that most people are LGBT, or the "average" person is LGBT. Only 1% - 3% are LGBT, so to say it is "normal" is just another LIE by the Left.
Such nonsense reasoning. Is a straight person who engages in oral anal sex normal to you? If not, would you discriminate against him or her or advocate discrimination against people who do that? Just live and let live and you might be happier.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:36 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It matters a lot since so many people feel a great deal of hatred and resentment against homosexuals, due to the highly offensive nature of their sex acts, and want the right to discriminate against them once they are discovered. To them, homosexuals might as will be regarded as 2nd or 3rd class citizens. Conservative Christian right opposition against them doesn't help matters. I would hope the majority of straights have a live and let live approach to people who aren't straight.
I propose private schools funded by parents, grants, crowd source funding, endowments, donations, etc.
There is more than enough private money to go around, the cost of education would plummet, schools could compete on merit, deviants could have their schools, the bigots would have theirs. What is your problem with that?
Also Im wondering why you havent yet figured out that the animosity towards gays,straights, christians, people of color, pale faces, etc. is largely stirred up by politicians.
Im a firm believer in that the fewer/no politicians we have meddling in our lives, bossing us around, taking our money,giving it to someone else and forcing opinions/relationships on us, the better society will for it.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:43 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
The state will be paying out of the nose for special textbooks now.
Doesn't the state already have budget problems ?

Old 08-12-2019, 05:51 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
I will admit that with all the criticism people give the LGBT about their lifestyle, it is fair game to also criticize straight people on their sex life. I mean, sometimes you do have a Republican who has been married 3x yet still preaches about marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies