Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 06:53 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,125,183 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the number of immigrants allowed into this country was set by a democratic process, what it would be? I would vote for no more than 100,000 people a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 08:07 AM

52,802 posts, read 34,700,369 times
get a load of how the disgusting l.a. times frames this: Trump’s callous attack on immigrants who need public aid

this forum badly needs a puke-smilie.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:25 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,405,949 times
Isn't it crazy and Orwellian? The immigrants and their opponents are the attackers, attacking taxpayers, yet the narrative is reversed 180 degrees.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:33 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,609,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If you actually are twisted enough to believe that-why don't you....leave? Oh yeah-other countries actually enforce their immigration laws.
It is not a matter of belief, just leave your bunker, there must be something in water.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:38 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,438,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Giveyouimmigrants, to be exact, a disposable caste toiling at a great discount to benefit you and to be disposed of when they can't toil, a caste having no hope for basic human things like family, basic safety net. I am pretty sure there is enough of human misery around in the world for people to sign up for such a raw deal, yet it does not excuse rotten people who come up with it.

You might have a valid point had I never been in line at a grocery store behind a couple that spoke no English with five kids running around and Bridge Card in hand.

They buy the name brands I can't afford and they do it with money taken involuntarily from my paycheck.

Obviously they are here to pimp the system.

The male almost certainly works for cash and claims no/little income while the female receives all sorts of goodies paid for by working Americans.

These working Americans would earn more money if people like this weren't here driving down wages.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You might have a valid point had I never been in line at a grocery store behind a couple that spoke no English with five kids running around and Bridge Card in hand.

They buy the name brands I can't afford and they do it with money taken involuntarily from my paycheck.

Obviously they are here to pimp the system.

The male almost certainly works for cash and claims no/little income while the female receives all sorts of goodies paid for by working Americans.

These working Americans would earn more money if people like this weren't here driving down wages.

Those 5 were American citizens most likely. Founding Fathers came up with an immaculate, eternal, impeccable document, I've heard that from Rush himself. As for "more money", it is not that simple. For example a native born in 7th generation contractor I hired back in the days charged me royally and did crappy job, it still hurts. Assuming there is no illegal/legal competition in trades those royal charges would have doubled. What's in it for me? Feeling as crap, a dupe twice as much?

Old 08-13-2019, 10:19 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,868,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Giveyouimmigrants, to be exact, a disposable caste toiling at a great discount to benefit you and to be disposed of when they can't toil, a caste having no hope for basic human things like family, basic safety net. I am pretty sure there is enough of human misery around in the world for people to sign up for such a raw deal, yet it does not excuse rotten people who come up with it.

Fail.

Those coming here with no means of support (the subject of this thread, BTW), give us a permanent dependent class.

If requiring immigrants to prove that they're here to contribute, and not be a public charge, was good enough for yesterday's immigrants, it's good enough for today's.

The last thing this country needs is to allow entry of those who "need a safety net."

Get real.

Last edited by Delahanty; 08-13-2019 at 10:47 AM..

Old 08-13-2019, 10:29 AM

39,897 posts, read 26,590,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
get a load of how the disgusting l.a. times frames this: Trump’s callous attack on immigrants who need public aid

this forum badly needs a puke-smilie.
Good for you. I get disgusted about the tax money taken from American citizens being used to provide for immigrants that won't provide for themselves-rather than our American citizens that are in need. Send them home-let their "native" taxpayers provide for them.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Fail.

Those coming here with no means of support (the subject of this thread, BTW), we get a permanent dependent class.

If requiring immigrants to prove that they're here to contribute, and not be a public charge, was good enough for yesterday's immigrants, it's good enough for today's.

The last thing this country needs is to allow entry of those who "need a safety net."

Get real.
You do not get it. A pregnant woman crossing Rio Grande will give birth to an American citizen. Now you call to discriminate American citizens based on immigration status of their parents instead of admitting that 240 years old document is antiquated and out of touch scrolls requiring a caste of wizard judges to decipher it according to judges liking and political preferences. Besides American pay structure, feeding the top 1%, requires public assistance to operate bottom decks of the parasitic pyramid. By effectively decimating already low living standards of immigrant workers Trump will bring bonafide third world next to you. There is plenty of misery in this world, no matter how rotten the Trump deal is, there will be plenty of people to sign up, they will just give that third world flair to the richest banana republic in the world.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Good for you. I get disgusted about the tax money taken from American citizens being used to provide for immigrants that won't provide for themselves-rather than our American citizens that are in need. Send them home-let their "native" taxpayers provide for them.
Good chances are those immigrants wipe butts of American citizens in need, it is not their fault that wiping butt jobs must come with public assistance to pay the bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies