Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 01:35 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times

Advertisements

They're not in danger from Epstein anymore and they are not in danger of some phony right wing nonsense conspiracy theory.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I say no. It's hearsay now. With Epstein gone, so did any chance at some sort of proof.
Epstein was very social and knew thousands of people all over the world. Likely most did not engage in his shady side. Most took a giant step away from him in 2004-5 when he was first investigated. He has been increasingly isolated ever since.

Epstein lived life on his terms. what did he have to look forward to? A slice of frozen pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving

He could not be forced to testify nor was there any reasonable certainty he would be truthful about any of it. Do you think you would have believed his testimony of say, he implicated Trump?

His death is meaningless.

I view Epstein’s death as one big fat FU from him.

He could have had tapes, thousands of tapes, that could withstand any test of authenticity. Such tapes could be in vaults and/ or clouds anywhere in the world, under the control of those he trusted. Release can certainly occur post humous.

Might be a swell way to acknowledge his birthday, every year for decades.

Imagine knowing it is only a matter of time before your tape is released.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:18 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Epstein was very social and knew thousands of people all over the world. Likely most did not engage in his shady side. Most took a giant step away from him in 2004-5 when he was first investigated. He has been increasingly isolated ever since.

Epstein lived life on his terms. what did he have to look forward to? A slice of frozen pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving

He could not be forced to testify nor was there any reasonable certainty he would be truthful about any of it. Do you think you would have believed his testimony of say, he implicated Trump?

His death is meaningless.

I view Epstein’s death as one big fat FU from him.

He could have had tapes, thousands of tapes, that could withstand any test of authenticity. Such tapes could be in vaults and/ or clouds anywhere in the world, under the control of those he trusted. Release can certainly occur post humous.

Might be a swell way to acknowledge his birthday, every year for decades.

Imagine knowing it is only a matter of time before your tape is released.
None of those tapes will ever surface.
These are high ranking global elite involved in pedophilia.
Not just a simple "sex scandal" here.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Only the ones accusing Trump should worry--as the DOJ will cover for him, though he has been known to write hush money checks while in office. He'll just need a new bag man, like Miller or Junior.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
What about Epstein's assistant Ghislaine Maxwell? She knows too much. I can see her "committing suicide". If she's smart she will ask for government protection and then testify to get a shorter sentence.
Wasn't Epstein under "government protection" ?

Old 08-12-2019, 02:32 PM

6,993 posts, read 2,713,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
No, just anyone part of the possible coverup of his supposed suicide. Guard, coroner etc
The FBI should monitor the bank accounts and spending patterns of the guards in the prison for the next year to see which one was complicit in permitting this to occur.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:09 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The FBI should monitor the bank accounts and spending patterns of the guards in the prison for the next year to see which one was complicit in permitting this to occur.
I'm sure no one had thought of that yet

Old 08-12-2019, 03:09 PM

30,392 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I heard a parody on the Limbaugh show of Bill Clinton expressing sadness for Epstein's death but one line stuck out -- "We know your names and addresses... we hope you will spend the rest of your lives in silent contemplation." Satire, not verbatim but basically a veiled threat. It reminded me of what Hillary had told Juanita Broaddrick so she'd keep her mouth shut.

Will Epstein's victims and employees start having accidents and committing suicide? Or if they have already given sworn testimony/depositions would they be out of danger?
I think any of the victims claim to have information on Bill, they will soon thereafter have some type fatal accident.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:19 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
None of those tapes will ever surface.
These are high ranking global elite involved in pedophilia.
Not just a simple "sex scandal" here.
Depends on if there are tapes, the number of copies, where and who has access.

Pedophilia is sex with prepubescent children which does not seem to be what was going on here.

The teen victims were recruited and groomed to provide sexual services in exchange for money. Best I can tell, none were physically held against their will. Some became recruiters of other girls.

The world is full of males who seem to prefer young sexual partners to those more age appropriate. Most probably don’t act on it because of fear of consequences or because they don’t have easy access. Then again age of consent is a variable in the world as it once was, in the US.

Other than law, nothing much distinguishes a 17 vs an 18 year old.

No doubt there will be a pile on of alleged victims engaging in civil suits against the estate and no doubt, some will be fakes.

I am not defending the POS. Just looking at it from all perspectives.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Depends on if there are tapes, the number of copies, where and who has access.

Pedophilia is sex with prepubescent children which does not seem to be what was going on here.

The teen victims were recruited and groomed to provide sexual services in exchange for money. Best I can tell, none were physically held against their will. Some became recruiters of other girls.

The world is full of males who seem to prefer young sexual partners to those more age appropriate. Most probably don’t act on it because of fear of consequences or because they don’t have easy access. Then again age of consent is a variable in the world as it once was, in the US.

Other than law, nothing much distinguishes a 17 vs an 18 year old.

No doubt there will be a pile on of alleged victims engaging in civil suits against the estate and no doubt, some will be fakes.

I am not defending the POS. Just looking at it from all perspectives.
well there is one who lived on the island. They took her passport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies