Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 04:04 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Goodness, calm down already. I seriously doubt that there are a higher percentage of Catholics on welfare then any other religion. Personally, I know of none. And Catholics love to reproduce?! What do you think? That Catholic women are nothing more then hyper little uterus' happily pumping out a new Catholic every ten months? No. Nope. Not even a little bit of truth in that.
All you have to do is look at the Latino population which is overwhelmingly Catholic. Actively reproducing is part of their lifestyle. How many Catholics with Hispanic backgrounds DON'T have little ones running around all over the place? Personally, I know of none ... and I live in a city with a very high Latino population. I realize that reproducing is a choice ... however, it's when they have more than they can handle to the point where they rely on government assistance that really angers me. Having children is not a Constitutional right ... and even if it was, it needs to be done with responsibility and the financial means to do so.

Quote:
How many children I have is irrelevent to my religion, its how many children my husband and I wanted. And your tax money doesn't support us
Really? What PRIVATE school do you send your kids to? What will you do with the enormous welfare check (disguised as a "tax rebate") the Feds are going to send you this year ... keep it or send it back?

Quote:
There will not be a return to the past, pedophiles (once discovered) are routed out of the priesthood. And there is absolutely no link between abstinense and pedophila. None whatsoever, and frankly I find it disgusting that you would even try to link pedophilia with normal sexual behavour.
What is "normal" about forced abstinence??? That is not humanly possible ... nor is it anywhere near normal. As long as the church maintains the ridiculous rule that priests can't marry or be involved in relationships, there will always be a high probability of them being involved in pedophilic and/or homosexual activity. It's not possible to shut off a person's normal desires without causing harm in some way.

Quote:
So, take a chill pill as we used to say in the day and realize that if you don't like Catholicism, the very good news is......you don't have to be one.
And I thank God every day that I wasn't born a Catholic, and am smart enough to never be one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 04:22 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
All you have to do is look at the Latino population which is overwhelmingly Catholic. Actively reproducing is part of their lifestyle. How many Catholics with Hispanic backgrounds DON'T have little ones running around all over the place? Personally, I know of none ... and I live in a city with a very high Latino population. I realize that reproducing is a choice ... however, it's when they have more than they can handle to the point where they rely on government assistance that really angers me. Having children is not a Constitutional right ... and even if it was, it needs to be done with responsibility and the financial means to do so.

Pehaps you are confusing a cultural issue with a religious one.....

Really? What PRIVATE school do you send your kids to? What will you do with the enormous welfare check (disguised as a "tax rebate") the Feds are going to send you this year ... keep it or send it back?

My children go to a PUBLIC school that is supported by my tax dollars via the property tax on my home. I had no idea that tax rebates were for Catholics only...

What is "normal" about forced abstinence??? That is not humanly possible ... nor is it anywhere near normal. As long as the church maintains the ridiculous rule that priests can't marry or be involved in relationships, there will always be a high probability of them being involved in pedophilic and/or homosexual activity. It's not possible to shut off a person's normal desires without causing harm in some way.

Abstinense doesnot turn one gay or a pedophile or straight for that matter. One is born gay or straight, and as to pedophiles....well that is a whole nother catagory altogether that has nothing to do with homo or hetero sexuality.
Or are you trying to tell me that after a sexual dry spell you find yourself looking at your dog 'differently'?

And I thank God every day that I wasn't born a Catholic, and am smart enough to never be one!
As a wise man once said...."Don't let the door hit you on your way out"\

Old 04-19-2008, 06:53 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post

Well no one is born a Catholic, your parents or yourself have to make a conscious choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies