Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 10:37 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What? I thought those were jobs no American citizen would do
I worked a job in the food service, which I enjoyed doing, but what I hated about it was ALL of the Spanish speaking workers around me. I wish there were rules about needing to speak English in the workplace. I find Spanish speaking workers very rude and exclusionary.

So IMO there are many jobs where Americans would work if their co-workers could be made to only speak English on the job.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:37 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Some of us already knew that.
Exactly.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:38 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Still not nearly enough.
The fact is, that industry RELIES on immigrant labor:

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/10/75017...mmigrant-labor

It's likely that many - if not most - of those jobs will end up going to OTHER illegal immigrants.

Ken

Old 08-14-2019, 10:50 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It was projection all along.

"No Amuricuns would do thoze jurbzzzz!"

Means: "I would never do those jobs because they are beneath me."

"The pricesss of our vergtubles will go up, zOMG! Don't you caaaare?"

Means: "I demand a slave class to do the hard work I don't want to do so that I can live in the lap of luxury."

"They're just lookin' fur a better life, man!"

Means: "I don't care if they can never better themselves economically in this country, since they are illegal, and I don't care that they have no protections from being taken advantage of at work by getting ridiculously low wages, (that I would never work for because I demand at least $15/hour to mop a floor), and extremely long hours (that I would never do because I think I shouldn't have to work at all. All of my expenses should be paid for: food, housing, healthcare, education, etc., and I should get a chunk of money every single month so that I can buy more things!)

Oh, and also, I don't want them living anywhere near me, so we need more gated communities and more zoning to prevent anyone I don't like living next door. I mean, they can come over to clean my house and fix up my yard, but that's it."

"Anyone who disagrees with me hates brown people and their children! Think of the chiiiiiiildren!"

Means: "I use the children as political tools, but I don't actually care about them. If we tell them that they can have free things, they will drag their children, or someone elses children, through the deserts where the possibility of death is high, where human traffickers abuse them, sell them, and destroy them. That would require that I understand the need for borders, and those who patrol said borders to prevent such things from happening. But, I don't care because think of all of the different ethnic foods we can eat at restaurants!!"

The only people that the left are fooling are other leftists.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:51 AM

23,574 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well it's USA Today. They went there first thing in the AM and saw a few dozen.
Did they go back later in the afternoon when the tally reached 150 ?

There were multiple job fairs in different places. Did they report on that ?

Mostly Blacks and Whites were there applying..very few Hispanic.

We should be lucky that USA even reported on it because it goes against the pro-immigration agenda.."Americans don't want to do this work".

Quote:
Quote:
Bell said more than 200 people filled out applications during the job fair, which ran from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/x...ched-up-by-ice

Seems that some people just don't want to face the facts in the above posts.
Also, the 7 different plants that the 680 illegals were working at are spread across the state. There is no reason why someone would travel hundreds of miles to go to a job fair, for a job that is far from where they live, instead of going to a local job fair, to local plant itself or apply online at a local plant.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I wonder if the pay they are offering is the same amount they paid illegals.
It will be the same I bet.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:53 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Still not nearly enough.
The fact is, that industry RELIES on immigrant labor:

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/10/75017...mmigrant-labor

It's likely that many - if not most - of those jobs will end up going to OTHER illegal immigrants.

Ken
Well 200 applicants at one job fair on one day. Job fairs are in addition to actually going to the plant and filing an application.

So normally do all employers fill every job opening with in 4 hours?

Old 08-14-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It was projection all along.

"No Amuricuns would do thoze jurbzzzz!"

Means: "I would never do those jobs because they are beneath me."

"The pricesss of our vergtubles will go up, zOMG! Don't you caaaare?"

Means: "I demand a slave class to do the hard work I don't want to do so that I can live in the lap of luxury."

"They're just lookin' fur a better life, man!"

Means: "I don't care if they can never better themselves economically in this country, since they are illegal, and I don't care that they have no protections from being taken advantage of at work by getting ridiculously low wages, (that I would never work for because I demand at least $15/hour to mop a floor), and extremely long hours (that I would never do because I think I shouldn't have to work at all. All of my expenses should be paid for: food, housing, healthcare, education, etc., and I should get a chunk of money every single month so that I can buy more things!)

Oh, and also, I don't want them living anywhere near me, so we need more gated communities and more zoning to prevent anyone I don't like living next door. I mean, they can come over to clean my house and fix up my yard, but that's it."

"Anyone who disagrees with me hates brown people and their children! Think of the chiiiiiiildren!"

Means: "I use the children as political tools, but I don't actually care about them. If we tell them that they can have free things, they will drag their children, or someone elses children, through the deserts where the possibility of death is high, where human traffickers abuse them, sell them, and destroy them. That would require that I understand the need for borders, and those who patrol said borders to prevent such things from happening. But, I don't care because think of all of the different ethnic foods we can eat at restaurants!!"

The only people that the left are fooling are other leftists.
I have a neighbor (Hard Core Democrat Liberal) who gets one or two illegals who are milling around Home Depot parking lot, for work every three or so months per year to do between 4 and 6 hours of labor on his property. For that amount of time and work, he would give them each a $20 and a burrito for lunch. Now he's complaining because he can't find any that will work for that little. Apparently, the current administration has impacted his steady flow of cheap illegal day laborers. He's also the same scrub that cries and complains about how inhumane and stupid the border wall plan is.

Means: The border wall will prevent him from getting his 4 to 6 hours of labor on his property for a $20 and a burrito.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:09 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Let's see - 600 openings and 25-30 people showed up for the job fare????
Doesn't sound "debunked" to me. Sounds like few Americans want those kinds of jobs.
Probably why the plant hired illegal aliens last time. It was probably either that, or not have enough workers to keep the plant open - in which case EVERYONE there (including AMERICANS) would lose their jobs.

Ken
Ken,

That USA Today article only touched on who was there at the very beginning of the day.

Over 200 people came out and filled out applications in total: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/x...ched-up-by-ice

But this is just one day's worth of a jobs fair. There will be others. And this doesn't even get into the people who will apply for those jobs online or directly with the company in person.

Bottom line is that Americans WILL and DO do these jobs, no matter how much the left and corporate republicans like to lie to the contrary.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:11 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well it's USA Today. They went there first thing in the AM and saw a few dozen.
Did they go back later in the afternoon when the tally reached 150 ?

There were multiple job fairs in different places. Did they report on that ?

Mostly Blacks and Whites were there applying..very few Hispanic.

We should be lucky that USA even reported on it because it goes against the pro-immigration agenda.."Americans don't want to do this work".
Wrong. Per the article:

About 25 to 30 people showed up to apply for jobs at Koch Foods' nearby poultry processing plant. Of those, about an equal number were black, white or Latino.

The people responding on this thread should do everyone a favor & read the actual link before responding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies