Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 10:39 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times

Advertisements

Right wing extremists are responsible for the attacks on ICE facilities I'm sure. The left is becoming more and more willing to use violence to get their message out. They have become what they claim to have beheld and feel justified about it. "Concern" about illegal immigrants has become overt and violent action.

Things are getting pretty scary out there. The two ends are ratcheting up. The left, so smug and proud of heir supposed aversion to violence, are advocating for and using violence and they blame it all on Trump. His rhetoric is inspiring right wing extremism, but we are seeing quite a bit of that same extremism from the left. The Dayton shooting, federal facilities shot at and attempted fire bombings, buckets of water and then the buckets thrown at police, reporters with conservative views violently assaulted with milkshakes mixed with quick set cement, the left isn't exactly quiet.

They are arming, equipping and advocating for armed confrontation and throwing down the gauntlet. Many right wing types are more than willing to accept the challenge. And here the rest of us sit twixt a rock and a hard place. Being told we have to choose a side.

It's well short of a threat of actual civil war but localized conflict that gets pretty serious is more than a possibility these days. The political division in the US right now has become a dangerous thing. Mainly because the two extremes are the ones that seem to be calling the shots. Personally I'm not certain where I need to point my guns.

I hate both ends with equal aplomb. And I don't use the word hate lightly. People can't put out anything that may indicate how they vote or intend to vote without worrying about being attacked, shot or shot at, or having their houses set on fire. Amongst other things.

No matter how the 2020 elections turn out there is more than likely to be a violent backlash. I'm not looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 10:50 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
All lefters snd righters who don’t want to participate in the civil war, meet me at the pub for drinks and pool..

Old 08-14-2019, 10:56 AM

4,985 posts, read 3,960,626 times
"...actual civil war but localized conflict.."
if you are killed in either, does it really matter?
"...Personally I'm not certain where I need to point my guns."
our advice: point at your target at the gun range and practice.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:23 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Right wing extremists are responsible for the attacks on ICE facilities I'm sure. The left is becoming more and more willing to use violence to get their message out. They have become what they claim to have beheld and feel justified about it. "Concern" about illegal immigrants has become overt and violent action.

Things are getting pretty scary out there. The two ends are ratcheting up. The left, so smug and proud of heir supposed aversion to violence, are advocating for and using violence and they blame it all on Trump. His rhetoric is inspiring right wing extremism, but we are seeing quite a bit of that same extremism from the left. The Dayton shooting, federal facilities shot at and attempted fire bombings, buckets of water and then the buckets thrown at police, reporters with conservative views violently assaulted with milkshakes mixed with quick set cement, the left isn't exactly quiet.

They are arming, equipping and advocating for armed confrontation and throwing down the gauntlet. Many right wing types are more than willing to accept the challenge. And here the rest of us sit twixt a rock and a hard place. Being told we have to choose a side.

It's well short of a threat of actual civil war but localized conflict that gets pretty serious is more than a possibility these days. The political division in the US right now has become a dangerous thing. Mainly because the two extremes are the ones that seem to be calling the shots. Personally I'm not certain where I need to point my guns.

I hate both ends with equal aplomb. And I don't use the word hate lightly. People can't put out anything that may indicate how they vote or intend to vote without worrying about being attacked, shot or shot at, or having their houses set on fire. Amongst other things.

No matter how the 2020 elections turn out there is more than likely to be a violent backlash. I'm not looking forward to it.

Stopped reading right there (BOLD part)...personal rant....the rest just means orange man bad....

Old 08-14-2019, 11:23 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
"...actual civil war but localized conflict.."
if you are killed in either, does it really matter?
"...Personally I'm not certain where I need to point my guns."
our advice: point at your target at the gun range and practice.

Good point and sound advice. And I'm up for Chicanos invite for beers and hot wings. I like pool to. I always make sure I'm practiced, my firearms tuned and repaired, and hitting where I'm aiming hasn't been a problem since I got my first BB gun.

When I go to the polls in 2020 I sure wont be wearing anything that shows how I intend to vote to be sure. Nor during the time leading up to November. And I'll be going straight home after. Where there is food, water, needed medications and defensible space.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
365 million people in the US.

Most folk don’t trend far right or left.

Some that do, trend violent.

No shortage of armchair posters here and all over social media anonymously encouraging violence. Likely, some are foreign interests.

A prolific poster to this forum advocated for an armed rebellion in anticipation of a Hillary win. Probably hot air. One never knows.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Here’s the thing- if Trump wins, lefty burns cars, breaks windows, the usual riot stuff, and no dem leader will call them out or try to calm situation. If a dem wins, ...no riots.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Good point and sound advice. And I'm up for Chicanos invite for beers and hot wings. I like pool to. I always make sure I'm practiced, my firearms tuned and repaired, and hitting where I'm aiming hasn't been a problem since I got my first BB gun.

When I go to the polls in 2020 I sure wont be wearing anything that shows how I intend to vote to be sure. Nor during the time leading up to November. And I'll be going straight home after. Where there is food, water, needed medications and defensible space.
You cant wear anything advocating for any candidate or party in a polling place.

I don’t understand yard signage or political wear/ gear.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:40 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
Quote:

I do know they can be Left- or Right-leaning but I am curious what an extreme case of American Libertarian terrorism and violent acts would look like.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:02 PM

1,406 posts, read 800,235 times
Quote:
Right wing extremists are responsible for the attacks on ICE facilities I'm sure.
Why would you assume right wing extremists attack ICE if you believe they (the RWers) are all racists and ICE is rounding up and deporting the unwanted "brown" people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies