Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 11:51 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Why would you vote for a semi-honest bigot?
Important point to bring up. It is something that needs to be thought of and often.

Steve King has been known to keep a small version of the Confederate flag on his desk. Now we know what the Confederate cause is about. The Articles of Secession and the Confederate Constitution admit that slavery was a huge part of why the South was prepared to secede.

King has also made comments that let you know who he is looking out for. Stuff like "western civilization is threatened by nonwhite immigrants".

"For everyone who's a valedictorian, there's another 100 out there that weigh 130 pounds and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they're hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert,"

Something tells me that Steve King doesn't know much about the DACA program. You can't commit any crimes if you want to be part of DACA.

Here is more regarding things Steve King has said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/here...elses-babies-5

Now, to anyone who still supports King, how would I stand to benefit from someone like Steve King?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, King goes way overboard with his xenophobic, ethnocentric and frankly, racist views. You want someone like that representing you?

And by the way, there are an increasing number of Latinos in his district who work in the food processing plants. Why are they a threat to you?
And there is something important that you understand. Steve King goes beyond what is needed. One can be for enforceing our immigration laws without making bigoted remarks. One can be for a prosperous America without making comments that allude to "Whites are better than non-whites".

I know there are plenty of Hispancs working in food processing plants. I never worried about it. I don't want to work in a food processing plant. I didn't go to college and get a degree to work in a food processing plant. The jobs I compete for, I'm often competing with other Americans for those jobs.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Naw, it just shows he's a big hypocrite. If he really wanted to - he could suggest the Feds to raid those meat packing plants in his district. But the owners of these plants would just give him hell and they'd pull their support yesterday. Yeah, big talk about illegal immigration but when push comes to shove, he looks the other way.

Let's face it - the plants are addicted to cheap labor, and they wouldn't have it any other way.
Enforcement of immigration laws, that isn't all that difficult to do. The thing is, as you say, the meat packing plants would not support him. He could easily get those meat packing plants raided.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:20 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The same way Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee and Hank Johnson do

Well, I don't know enough about Waters or Jackson-Lee, but I'll certainly agree with you on Hank Johnson! That guy....

Old 08-19-2019, 07:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post

White nationalism is morally CORRECT. If you oppose white nationalism, you support genocide, because that's all white nationalism is: the desire to find an alternative to the white race being genocided.

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary: Come again?

That's not what white nationalism is. At all. Not even close. Plus, I'm pretty sure "genocided" isn't a word.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:42 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Important point to bring up. It is something that needs to be thought of and often.

Steve King has been known to keep a small version of the Confederate flag on his desk. Now we know what the Confederate cause is about. The Articles of Secession and the Confederate Constitution admit that slavery was a huge part of why the South was prepared to secede.

King has also made comments that let you know who he is looking out for. Stuff like "western civilization is threatened by nonwhite immigrants".

"For everyone who's a valedictorian, there's another 100 out there that weigh 130 pounds and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they're hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert,"

Something tells me that Steve King doesn't know much about the DACA program. You can't commit any crimes if you want to be part of DACA.

Here is more regarding things Steve King has said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/here...elses-babies-5

Now, to anyone who still supports King, how would I stand to benefit from someone like Steve King?

That is absolute leftist BS. I have been in Steve King's office and there is no confederate flag there.

How would you benefit from Steve King? You wouldn't- you don't live in his district in Iowa. King has been a strong supporter of ag policy and has been a very good rep for the state. Leftist drivel does not play well there, as there is no need for all the BS the libs are selling.

Libs hate King, as he is not PC and is not intimidated by their attempts to silence him through fear and intimidation, which has worked so well for them in the past.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:58 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Why would you vote for a semi-honest bigot?
Because I like his policies. I don't know if he's a bigot, nor do I care if he's one. As long as he advocates for the correct policies, especially re illegal immigration, I will be voting for him. Your PC labels like "bigot", "racist", "xenophobe" whatever are meaningless to me.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:59 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Golden is a blind partisan would be my guess.

If my guess is correct, he/she is a huge part of the problems we currently have in this country.
I'm not hyper partisan. If Steve King was a Democrat but advocated everything he does for now, I'd vote for him. I hate the Democratic platform these days, but at the end of the day there are a lot of Republicans who are for open borders (see the Koch brothers). I won't vote for them either.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is absolute leftist BS. I have been in Steve King's office and there is no confederate flag there.

How would you benefit from Steve King? You wouldn't- you don't live in his district in Iowa. King has been a strong supporter of ag policy and has been a very good rep for the state. Leftist drivel does not play well there, as there is no need for all the BS the libs are selling.

Libs hate King, as he is not PC and is not intimidated by their attempts to silence him through fear and intimidation, which has worked so well for them in the past.
When did you go to his office? Did you go to his office? He might have stopped having a Confederate flag on his desk, but he was reported to have it on his desk. I notice that you weren't able to refute anything I said about the comments he has made.

And no, I don't live in his district. I would never want to live in his district. If offered a job in Iowa, I'd prefer to live in Des Moines, which isn't in his district. And I wasn't talking about him being a representative. I was talking about the occasion that maybe he might try to be a Vice President. At the end of the day, I look out for me and how I would benefit. Give me a reason not to.

Go ahead and call me a lib all you want. That just reflects on your mentality.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I'm not hyper partisan. If Steve King was a Democrat but advocated everything he does for now, I'd vote for him. I hate the Democratic platform these days, but at the end of the day there are a lot of Republicans who are for open borders (see the Koch brothers). I won't vote for them either.
If he was a Democrat, I still wouldn't vote for him. I think about the things he has said and the bigoted way he has said them. I can't trust him to govern fairly. Any politician with a white nationalist mindset is a politician I can't trust. Change my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies