Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 03:34 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a dreadful neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 03:58 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Because we (the American tax payer) is on the hook for fixing and rebuilding the communities that the democrats they elect fail like they always do. We care because they're Americans but they're too stupid to figure out how badly they're getting screwed by continuing to blindly support democrats. We pay the bill when they find lead in the water after democrats let the town to ****. We pay the bill when there's a riot after the police have to shoot some drug dealer and the democrat leaders enrage the residents with lies.

We always pay the bill, we have the right to care.
Well, here is the deal. I've been paying taxes for years. My vote is my business. I'll vote for whomever I want to vote for. My neighbor looks out for his interests first, so I'm looking after mine first. I'll support whomever I want. Nothing you can do about that. Constitution guarantees my right to vote.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Sounds like a dreadful neighborhood.
Plenty of neighborhoods like that, in Republican and Democratic cities. Ghettos have been around for decades. Some parts of Philadelphia have been rotting since the 1950s. Race riots came dangerously close to the Shibe Park (where the Phillies used to play).

Old 08-15-2019, 04:09 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,566 times
I've lived and grew up in Detroit, worst area of the city were all Black. Not one White area could compare.
I lived in Los Angeles - the worst areas were Black despite Blacks being a minority of the city. The Mexican areas in East LA weren't great but were far better than the Black areas of South LA. When Mexicans began moving into South LA, the crime rate there began to decrease and gentrification was possible.
I've lived in Miami, the worst areas weren't the Cuban, Colombian, Venezuelan but the Afro-American areas in Liberty City, DT, OT, Miami Gardens.

Why does this pattern keep repeating?

Old 08-15-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I've lived and grew up in Detroit, worst area of the city were all Black. Not one White area could compare.
I lived in Los Angeles - the worst areas were Black despite Blacks being a minority of the city. The Mexican areas in East LA weren't great but were far better than the Black areas of South LA. When Mexicans began moving into South LA, the crime rate there began to decrease and gentrification was possible.
I've lived in Miami, the worst areas weren't the Cuban, Colombian, Venezuelan but the Afro-American areas in Liberty City, DT, OT, Miami Gardens.

Why does this pattern keep repeating?
Why? I can only give you an academic answer. The best and brightest of the Black population left those areas for greener pastures, when they had the opportunity to leave. And something else. Baldwin Hills is a Black neighborhood full of mansions and high earners. Explain that.

And something else. I know something about those Mexican neighborhoods. If you were Black and tried to live in one of those neighborhoods, you might get killed. Many Blacks were basically being chased out of neighborhoods they had once lived in within the South LA area. Mexican gang members targeted Blacks and wanted them out.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:16 PM

952 posts, read 323,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Plenty of neighborhoods like that, in Republican and Democratic cities. Ghettos have been around for decades. Some parts of Philadelphia have been rotting since the 1950s. Race riots came dangerously close to the Shibe Park (where the Phillies used to play).
Never heard of a major city run by " republicans " ?
But I would love to look into one .
Can you name one for me ?

Old 08-15-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
And something else. I know something about those Mexican neighborhoods. If you were Black and tried to live in one of those neighborhoods, you might get killed. Many Blacks were basically being chased out of neighborhoods they had once lived in within the South LA area. Mexican gang members targeted Blacks and wanted them out.
You know nothing of those areas. Some Black gangs may have gotten into wars with Mexican gangs, but everyday Black and Mexican people lived side by side. Of course, for the most part, everyone stuck to their own in school and friendships. Just like the Koreans did when moving into South LA. But that's a different story.

I want an explanation why the worst areas of the USA are all Black. There are White Trash areas - they might as well be heaven compared to many Black neighborhoods in Detroit. There are bad Mexican areas in LA - much better than Black areas in the same city. What is going on?

Old 08-15-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
Never heard of a major city run by " republicans " ?
But I would love to look into one .
Can you name one for me ?
Oklahoma City
Omaha
Tulsa

Old 08-15-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You know nothing of those areas. Some Black gangs may have gotten into wars with Mexican gangs, but everyday Black and Mexican people lived side by side. Of course, for the most part, everyone stuck to their own in school and friendships. Just like the Koreans did when moving into South LA. But that's a different story.

I want an explanation why the worst areas of the USA are all Black. There are White Trash areas - they might as well be heaven compared to many Black neighborhoods in Detroit. There are bad Mexican areas in LA - much better than Black areas in the same city. What is going on?
I have a few articles about this. This gangs didn't only target other gang members. They targeted Blacks too.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...405-story.html

https://www.latimes.com/local/la-xpm...608-story.html

https://ktla.com/2018/04/05/latino-g...g-development/

https://ktla.com/2019/06/25/2nd-gang...boyle-heights/

I'm sure there are Black and Hispanic people getting along very well. Some friendships I built with Hispanic persons are living proof of that. I'm saying that Los Angeles has an underbelly, even in Mexican neighborhoods. And there have been racial tensions that turned into violence.

Why do you want an explanation of why the worst areas are Black areas? I have to ask because based on previous posts, you just come here to criticise Black people. I don't think you care about Blacks, I think you just want to complain about Black people.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:

Why do you want an explanation of why the worst areas are Black areas? I have to ask because based on previous posts, you just come here to criticise Black people. I don't think you care about Blacks, I think you just want to complain about Black people.
Why would I care for Black people? That's your business not mine. But we share a country, and I just want you to answer honestly why all the worst areas are Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies