Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 08:09 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Is this that thing I heard about. Believing truth over facts?
Statistics are helpful and harmful.

All I am saying is that is society rationalizes, consciously or subconsciously, that blacks have higher criminal tendencies and propensities....that its also likely that the may fear a person MORE just because the are black and male. I am sure if it was a women staring, regardless of color, there would have less fear.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:11 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
...A society, on one hand, cannot see blacks as a LOT more criminal, then on the other hand say their fear or actions against blacks, such as calling the police on them, has nothing to do with race.

That's fair.

It pre-supposes that the majority of people in America feel that blacks are "a lot more criminal" than other races, however.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You should probably read the articles that you're linking to - all of the article that you're linking to, before claiming that it's one sided.

White lady calls cops because black dude stared at her.

Black lady records cops because white people standing too close to black dude.

Both of them claim to be "scared".

And yet I bet you'll never see what I mean.

I see your point and I agree with you. She is assuming racism and responding to defend the black person. Black people assume racism from many whites while whites assume, violence, low IQ, irresponsibility, lazy, etc, about blacks.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
“There’s a guy staring at me. I’m threatened. I’m scared.”

If a female member of my family feels this way, they'll call the police. You're welcome not to. Has nothing to do with race, but your obsessed with it and it shows. I hope you find peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
If I were a woman, alone and had someone who looked like that and was dressed like that staring at me, I would most likely feel uncomfortable too. And, that wouldn't change if he were black, white or purple.
Looked like what? Dressed how? State specifically what the issue is. And you guys state that others are snowflakes? Please.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
That's fair.

It pre-supposes that the majority of people in America feel that blacks are "a lot more criminal" than other races, however.

I think the news conditions people to believe that. Those are the images you see mostly on the local news. It's not that the images are false.....its just that in a city of hundreds of thousands....what you see on the news does not even represent 1% of the people.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:19 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
That's fair.

Interesting that most of the mass shooters are predominantly white.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:22 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
13% of the total US population.
Are responsible for 53% of ALL murders
Are responsible for 69% of ALL violent crime
Are responsible for 72% of ALL theft/robbery/burglary

I can only take a wild guess why 13% of the US population is "profiled" by the police state.
You can’t say that! Those are racist facts. The truth is racist

I bet the OP has never been to Michigan. I have and it is a very messed up place. There are a lot of very serious race issues there, on that issue the OP is correct. However his implication that white people are to blame is not. Detroit and Flint Michigan are the two worst places in America.....near third world conditions. (We all remember they can’t even drink their water right) There are smaller cities too that are horrible, Saginaw, Benton Harbor and Muskegon. Only Grand Rapids is normal of all Michigan’s big towns, the rest are a mess. What do all these places have in common? Yes they are black by vast majorities. The rest of Michigan is white bread small town middle America. The stereotype of Midwest living. Obviously the people in those rural areas fear and hold contempt for the dangerous urban cores that are holding their state down and ruining its reputation. The black people in the cities also hold the white citizens of the state in contempt. Detroit famously had one of the worst riots in US history in 1967. Both black urbanites and white suburbanites in that metro area speak of that 52 year old riot as if it happened yesterday. Much is written on Michigan and Detroit being possibly the most segregated place in America. No matter what Detroit and Flint are cesspools which would make representative Cummings Baltimore district look like a garden. The statistics you posted are consistent with the conditions in Michigan’s cities and the people who live in rural and suburban Michigan would absolutely agree with them. Of course no one up there knows what to do about it though and most long ago gave up on seeing it changed, they just avoid going to those places.

Of course I know there is a lot to the problems up there and not all of them are race related. Michigan’s economy has been damaged by over unionization, by the boom bust cycle of the auto industry and by the reliance it has on that industry. The very presence of the auto industry starting over 100 years ago up until this very day has been a large factor on changing and damaging that state. Because of the mass in migration 70 to 80 years ago the population there is often too large for the available jobs. Automation and offshoring have damaged Michigan as well. This is just an acknowledgement of those facts so no one can say I am just blaming black people for all of Michigan’s urban problems. However it is undeniable that they are responsible for many of them.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:23 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Interesting that you believe that myth. Mass shootings, defined as shootings of over more than 3 people, are overwhelmingly perpetrated by African Americans in urban centers. You just don't hear about those because you get your information from the MSM, which has an agenda when it comes to race and politics.

21,131 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Simple solution: call police and tell them there’s a suspicious white woman in a white car in the CVS parking lot.

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I actually don't know if that's true based on the official definition of what a "mass shooting" actually is; I think its a targeted shooting where 3 or more people are shot.

Edit: if you take out gang related violence, it appears that 53% of mass shooters are white, but I'm not sure that's fair to do so: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...erblown-report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies