Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 10:37 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,348,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Looked like what? Dressed how? State specifically what the issue is. And you guys state that others are snowflakes? Please.
Don’t play dumb. You know full well what is meant. If you don’t, then you’re showing the fact that you’ve never learned that actions have consequences. Just as a person with purple hair and tattoos on her face isn’t going to get fired, a person who equally violates societal norms by dressing like a thug is going to get looks and cause people to be fearful.

There are societal norms and mores that, when violated lead to a lack of success and those people should be shamed and judged. If you don’t understand that, I’m sorry that you lack basic life skills.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:37 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,090,143 times
Is ANY of this the responsibility or fault of ANYONE other than the woman who called the police?

Old 08-15-2019, 10:39 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,643,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Go to all those White suburbs bordering (or close in the case of RO) Black suburbs, and pretty much everyone hates each other on both sides. This is what happens when you have relatively orderly White suburbs and dysfunctional Black areas just a stones throw away. If you want to become a racist, just grow up in the Detroit area.

Whites orderly.....blacks dysfunctional. That is what I got out of your post.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:40 AM

58,550 posts, read 26,835,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Lots of questionable actions coming out of Michigan recently.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/oyal-...o-devin-myers/
"when several police officers pulled up saying they had a report that he looked “suspicious.”

And IF he was up to no good the same people would be complaining because the police weren't doing enough!

Old 08-15-2019, 10:41 AM

58,550 posts, read 26,835,306 times
Quote:
I am thinking that black people should call the police every time we see a white person who "looks racist". Lets see if the cops stop and detain them.

See something....say something.
I am thinking that white people should call the police every time we see a colored person who "looks racist". Lets see if the cops stop and detain them.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:41 AM

1,893 posts, read 999,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wow. So much hate for your fellow citizens and country. Must be a miserable way to live.
Trump logic fails. See how she did that? Trump does it all the time. One of the biggest abusers of logical fallacies.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:44 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,643,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"when several police officers pulled up saying they had a report that he looked “suspicious.”

And IF he was up to no good the same people would be complaining because the police weren't doing enough!

Like I said before....there should be an enforcement mechanism that blacks can call when whites look "racist" so that whites, going about their daily lives, can be stopped and frisked when looking "racist". I bet your attitude will change REAL QUICK.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:46 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,404,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Trump logic fails. See how she did that? Trump does it all the time. One of the biggest abusers of logical fallacies.
But you DID state in your own words about how much of the United States that you hate. It speaks for itself.

It's got to be a very unhappy state of mind decay.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:47 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,171,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I am thinking that white people should call the police every time we see a colored person who "looks racist". Lets see if the cops stop and detain them.
Maybe the cops can stop both blacks and whites for looking racist.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:48 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,348,549 times
Quote:
Like I said before....there should be an enforcement mechanism that blacks can call when whites look "racist" so that whites, going about their daily lives, can be stopped and frisked when looking "racist". I bet your attitude will change REAL QUICK.
There are consequences to violating mainstream societal norms. When a black person is dressed as a thug and staring, he may be viewed suspiciously. Equally so, a toothless Appalachian person with a beard down to his crotch is violating mainstream societal norms and is not going to have the same level of success. Additionally, a woman with purple hair is not going to be hired everywhere.

The lesson is that there are societal norms and behaviors which lead to success and there are those that don’t. People can choose to behave as they want, but they’re not free from the consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies