Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 12:50 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,775,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
This former republican will be voting dem 2020 as well,, unless Justin amash runs. Who knows

https://www.newsweek.com/jeff-flake-...d-2020-1454533

Of course, the Trumpees are going to hate Flake and say nasty things about him, but this latest move by him shows he is not going to lower himself to lick Trump's boots. I lost a lot of respect for the GOP years ago, but these past two years really make you want to throw up..........all the way from McConnell on down the line.

When elected officials start worrying more about keeping their jobs vs doing what they were sent there to do for America, it is time to take a close look at where we have come to in this country. I realize that politicians have always played games, but NEVER like we have seen since 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 02:49 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm not talking about Trump's interest. Trump is all ego, he will always want attention. But once the 2020 election is over, the GOP won't be beholden to Trump anymore. The GOP has abandoned every principal they ever had but after 2020, they could ditch Trump and put Pence in his seat and not lose a thing. It's not like Trump was helpful in the midterms.

The Senate map for 2022 is ugly for the GOP. Odds are slim for a SCJ after that because of the McConnell rule. Pence is repellant to many but the GOP knows that the chaos Trump has created is not only bad for the country, it's extremely bad globally. Don't believe me? Watch what happens.

When I say Trump's rallies will become pathetic and wane, it's because Trump can't run again. Going out there and talking about Hillary, 2016 and calling people fat will become as old and tired as Trump will be.

Flake is right, Trump is killing the GOP and they may try to dump him after 2020 in an attempt to regain control of the party.
The GOP has abandoned every principal they ever had??? hahahahaha Like what? They still spend through the roof. They still believe in big government.

Oddly enough Trump has been the least progressive out of any President in the last 50 years. Not that he's been that great but he's not as bad as Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, or Reagan.

Old 08-16-2019, 03:32 AM

452 posts, read 350,227 times
I actually wanted Hillary to win...

the 2018 Midterms would have been a landslide... 60+ senate seats... House still GOP... and Hillary would have passed GOP bills just like Bill did in the 90s

Then recession time, or fatigue with 3 Dem terms... marco rubio presiency post 2020

This was what I imagined

Flake is AN IDIOT... and deserves no respect... but he is kind of right.

Old 08-16-2019, 03:36 AM

452 posts, read 350,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Many people I know tell me they voted not for Trump but against Clinton. After a few years of Trump they regret their decision. Clinton would have been bad but certainly better that Trump. These same people are highly disappointed to most of the republicans in office now because of their failure to act for our nation and continue along in dead silence while Trump makes a mockery of America.

If it is a honest election, no Russian meddling, no matter who the democratic candidate the democrats will win. The first two years of Trump's occupation was the result of the Obama administration. These second two years will be Trump's doing. To date Trump has lost American farmers their biggest customer, China, and the Chinese are never coming back. Trump's tariffs were the worst mistake in US history. The market trend is down and recession just around the corner. We will be lucky if Trump doesn't have us in a depression by the time they throw him out of the White House.

Trump has trashed our Constitution and openly admitted he believes he can do whatever he wants. Trump has disgraced the office of the president and has made the US the laughing stock of the world. When Trump goes down he will drag the republican party with him.
while it is true alot of people voted against Clinton... the rest of what you wrote is just bull****. Its MSDNC level nonsense.

Recessions happen every 10 years... they last less than a year, and then the GDP grows again. The end.

The worst mistakes in US history would be ****ing over America, and embracing china post 1988 because donors need cheap chinese slaves. Bush 41, Clinton, and Bush 43 destroyed America's core economic principles, and left millions of americans behind. You could add on the IRAQ War... but to call tariffs against a ****ing enemy of the united states... a mistake... is laughable. These farmers can go sell to other markers. Leaving China alone is the end of America within 40 years.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:29 AM

18,556 posts, read 7,326,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
This former republican will be voting dem 2020 as well,, unless Justin amash runs. Who knows

https://www.newsweek.com/jeff-flake-...d-2020-1454533
What an awful person!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies