Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 11:29 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
It had nothing to do with “being on the winning team”. If that were the case, based on the polls, we’d have Clinton in the White House right now because the polls and pundits all said she would “win in a landslide”. It had everything to do with not wanting the same crap, different candidate but worse because it was Clinton. We all knew it was Trump vs Clinton and we did NOT want Clinton.
What state do you live in ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 11:34 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I'm a legal immigrant, naturalized American citizen, college educated, small business owning woman. I also own a truck and a dog (although I don't let her ride in the back). Voting for Trump. Your contrived insults are amusing. In a low brow, desperate, delusional sort of way.
Isn't it amazing that some posters (I'd name them but it's likely a violation and I don't feel like being clever) just can't seem to say anything without throwing in an insult, veiled or not? Yeah Don, I mean you. For one.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:35 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Are you saying that there is a conspiracy to do violence towards hats? Millions you say?
Stop being obtuse, it just makes you look stupid.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:36 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50n5...&feature=share

Former Republican Rep. Joe Walsh is calling for a primary challenger to take on President Donald Trump in 2020, as he is reckoning with his past controversial comments and apologizing for his role in helping elect an "unfit con man" to the presidency.

People are jumping ship faster these days trying to get away from Trump’s sinking ship.
with you, I'm guessing you didn't even watch the video.

otherwise, you and he would know that Bill Weld is already running against Trump in the primary.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:38 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
The reason you haven't heard about them anywhere else is because of blatant media bias. When WalkAway first debuted over a year ago, MSM came out and said it was fake, Russian lead, etc. etc. and they've said nothing about them since because it was quickly revealed MSM was wrong. I never realized how biased our "news sources" really were until the 2016 campaign and their claim that WalkAway was fake further proved it to me. I KNEW Brandon Straka, the founder of WalkAway, LONG before he launched it so I knew it was real.

I was a avid CNN watcher for decades, then I started fact checking on my own because I kept hearing completely different stances on various stories and wanted to know what the truth was. I discovered that so much of what CNN was reporting was nothing but opinion, not fact. Same is true for Fox and MSNBC. NONE of them are actual "news". They all spin things to fit their narrative and it appears you are falling for it by buying into the fake racism claims against Trump supporters.

When Trump told "the Squad" to go back where they come from, he DID NOT tell them to go back to their "countries" as was reported by biased news nor was it racist. He told them to go back to where they came from (city, country, where ever) and fix the problems there, then come back and tell the rest of us how to fix the problems in the rest of the country. I found nothing about that racist at all.

As far as immigrants go, NOBODY is opposed to immigrants, NOBODY and calling people who support LEGAL immigration racists is just BS and quite frankly is getting really old. Every country in the world has immigration laws and many are far tougher than ours, does that make them racist? Just research what it takes to migrate to another country. As a sovereign nation, we have every right and a Constitutional duty to determine who comes into our country and how. Our immigration system is completely broken and needs to be fixed but until then, we still have to protect our borders and it is not racist to do so.

I suppose you are in support of the open borders and decriminalizing illegal immigration like much of our Democrat presidential candidates are? I sincerely hope you continue to feel the way you do and that your far left democrat friends and politicians fallow suit. It will guarantee Trump will win again.
that's because you're not trying to find imaginary 'racism' where it doesn't exist.

try harder.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:38 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,340,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Bulsh!t. That argument could be made but it is false and simply reflective of right-wing hatred of any effort to improve the life of average Americans. You know, things like healthcare, parental/family leave, Social Security and safety net programs, clean air, clean water, work safety...to name a few.
No, this is Bullsh*t!! We are not against improving the lives of average Americans, where we disagree is how it should be done. You have these crazy democrats wanting to spend almost 100 TRILLION on the Green New Deal which is completely unsustainable. Dems that want us to decriminalize illegal immigration which throws our sovereignty completely out the window. Free college, Free healthcare, UBI and on and on and on. This is NOT the way to do it. We have to support and encourage personal responsibility and then get government out of the damn way so people can proudly thrive. Every time the government gets involve they screw crap up. They got involved with college tuition resulting in the cost of college to go through the roof because universities knew they'd get paid no matter how high the tuition is because the government guaranteed they'd get paid.

The government got involved in healthcare that sent the cost of insurance through the roof making it impossible for people to afford it. The only people that benefitted from OCare were those who qualified for the Medicaid expansion and those who qualified for subsidies all at the expense of taxpayers who then struggled to maintain their own health insurance. It would have been far more cheaper had they just expanded Medicaid for the poor and left the rest alone. I'm all for safety nets but I'm not for people taking advantage of them. We already have FMLA so I'm assuming you mean PAID FMLA. Those are benefits businesses choose to provide, or not, their employees, same with paid vacation/sick leave, pensions, 401Ks, daycare services, etc, etc and it should stay that way. These benefits are how companies compete for their workforce and if I don't like the benefits my company offers, there are plenty of options out there for me to pursue at no cost to taxpayers. The government is NOT here to take care of all of our needs. It's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't support open borders and I think the current crop of Democrats are too far left on immigration, but Trump and Republicans are too far right. Nonetheless, that issue to me takes a back seat to separation of church and state which Trump and Republicans want to destroy. A vote for Republicans is a vote for fundamentalist Christian rule and a vote for the Bible over the U.S. Constitution. It's a vote against my own rights as a gay person and as an atheist.
What the hell are you talking about??? Where have you seen any attempt by the right to do away with separation of church and state? WHERE? If anything, it's the democrats that are threatening that by wanting to make churches pay taxes. If that happens, churches will legally be able to get actively involved in politics and none of us want that. Oh and by the way, most churches are not anti-gay anymore and I think Trump has DEFINATELY had a positive impact in getting rid of the anti-gay sentiment. He's the first republican president who has very publicly supported the gay community and those who support him that were anti-gay have quickly changed their tunes and become WAY more tolerant and accepting not to mention he also has a very good following from the gay community as a result.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Are you saying that there is a conspiracy to do violence towards hats? Millions you say?
Don't patronize me, you know damn well what I meant.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:53 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,504 times
Ha ha ha! All these anti-Trump "republicans" are nothing but a bunch of cry baby RINOs. They better wake up and smell the coffee. Donald Trump is the new, De Facto, Republican party leader. Those conformist RINOs will be sorry!

Old 08-16-2019, 11:53 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I'm a legal immigrant, naturalized American citizen, college educated, small business owning woman. I also own a truck and a dog (although I don't let her ride in the back). Voting for Trump. Your contrived insults are amusing. In a low brow, desperate, delusional sort of way.
Loved your post. Spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies