Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 12:28 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Wow you couldn't be more wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/14/trump-rule-contractors-lgbt-discrimination-1661311

Just this week, Trump has issued an executive order allowing government contractors to discriminate against LGBT people. He has already pushed for protections for doctors to refuse life-saving treatment to gay people. Homophobia is definitely on the rise and Trump is a big reason why. A big part of why Trump is so popular is conservatives angry over same-sex marriage and Obama lighting up the White House rainbow (though that event was part of a larger issue for conservatives; Dems acknowledging Americans that aren't white, straight, and the right kind of Christian).

This is BS!! Doctors are NOT refusing "life-saving treatment" and you know it. The rule is basically saying that doctors should not be FORCED to perform services they personally deem immoral or against their religious beliefs (gender reassignment surgeries, abortions, etc) which is THEIR CIVIL RIGHT. I am in no way anti-gay but I also do not believe that people should be treated as slaves by being forced to perform services they do not believe in. My question would be, why in the hell would anybody even WANT a doctor that does not align with their beliefs to perform a medical procedure they do not want to perform? Their rights do not stop where yours begin. If you're a baker, should you be forced to bake a cake for the KKK or White Supremist groups? Of course not, NOBODY should be forced to perform services they do not believe in, not you as a gay man, not a straight man, not ANYBODY. Homophobia is also not on the rise unless you're talking about the far left wing Antifa beating up a gay Asian guy or Jussie Smollett with his hoax hate crime.

And churches aren't anti-gay? There was a huge "Make America Straight Again" conference recently in Florida in which pastors openly called for the death penalty against LGBT people. That is the face of the Republican Party today.

That group does NOT represent the republican party anymore than I believe Antifa represents the democrat party. There are extremists on both sides but they do NOT define the parties and we ALL need to denounce them vigorously.

As far as taxing the churches, they have been one and the same as one of America's two major political parties since the early 1980s, when Reagan courted Jerry Falwell to help him win. Why shouldn't they pay taxes? They are in essence arms of the Republican Party. These days, there is very little separation between the Republican Party and white "born again" evangelical Christianity.
Church members, including pastors, priests, etc are allowed to support what ever candidate they want during their personal time as it's their right to do so just like anybody else. There are plenty of church members that support democrats too. It's when the actual church starts supporting political opponents there will be a problem. If we start taxing them, they'll have a LEGAL RIGHT to get involved in politics and I for one do NOT want that to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 12:31 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump is getting what done? Trump's major non-accomplishments:

Mexico never paid for the wall
Obamacare wasn't repealed
5% GDP growth promise -- never came close
Huge tax cuts that didn't pay for themselves as promised
Huge tax cuts that are racking up huge deficits
Raised taxes on consumers with tariffs
Destroyed ag markets with tariffs, family farms going bankrupt
North Korea still has nukes
The Nobel prize he never got
Obstructed justice 10 times
Former campaign manager in jail
Former best friend is a dead pedophile
More time spent playing golf than any other president

Trump is running for reelection on these "accomplishments" ???
sounds like your miffed with our President?

Old 08-16-2019, 12:58 PM

46,277 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Wait, you actually accept the lunatic who is currently riding around in Air Force One, but you question the sanity of the people who you disagree with ?

Why is he a lunatic, because you disagree with him? Typical leftist....

This is the on going anti-trump whataboutism......if you disagree with the anti-trumpers...you're....

Quote:
If any human walking the planet fits the description of "lunatic", it is DJ Trump. Hell, he even had to call one of his own supporters at a recent rally and apologize for saying the guy was fat because he thought the guy was a protestor, and the guy turned out to be one of his own supporters.

People male mistakes....you know like, calling cops stupid (stupidly).

Quote:
That is just one example of how low class and unable to control his mouth Trump is. And this is the guy you want us to hold up as an example of who America is ?

Fly over country loves him.....you should get into it....open your mind, listen.....hell, I listened to obama and actually agreed with him on a few things.....but I still listened....

Try it....really....

Old 08-16-2019, 01:01 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
As a Republican, I apologize for voting for Trump.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:04 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Upset he doesn't want open borders, higher taxes and more regulations?

Old 08-16-2019, 01:05 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,806,906 times
Quote:
The smarter former Trump voters have to be waking up and saying "Hey... wait a minute. Donald Trump is not what I thought I was voting for, I may have made a mistake ." I know a couple of people in my circle of friends who were completely bullish on Trump in the beginning ........now, you don't get much out of them, and they look a little sheepish when the conversation swings that direction.

As much as we like to come down on Trump voters, not all of them are pickup truck with a dog in the back, low intelligence people. Some are actually nice people and smart. I think those are the people who will not be ashamed to admit they made a mistake. But his core base, some of whom we see daily on here, will never back down, and if he loses, they will be the most vocal and conspiracy believing people on the planet.
Some people who own pickup trucks with a dog in the back are nice and smart.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:07 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,055 times
Quote:
If you are white, do you also apologize for your whiteness too?

Old 08-16-2019, 01:12 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50n5...&feature=share

Former Republican Rep. Joe Walsh is calling for a primary challenger to take on President Donald Trump in 2020, as he is reckoning with his past controversial comments and apologizing for his role in helping elect an "unfit con man" to the presidency.

People are jumping ship faster these days trying to get away from Trump’s sinking ship.

Dream on.

Warren is leading Biden in Iowa. If you think Warren can win, you are nuts.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:39 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:

Nice to meet an ex voter with the courage and intelligence to admit you thought you were voting for something better, but the past two years have not been exactly what you signed on for. I would love to shake your hand.

I sense you are not alone. Not all Trump supporters are Ostriches with their heads in the sand (or anywhere else). I will be the first to admit that Hillary was not the most inspiring candidate, and, in this country, unfortunately, there is still a bias against women leaders. Some day that glass ceiling will be shattered, too bad we are way behind other countries in our acceptance of women as our equals.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:45 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50n5...&feature=share

former republican rep. Joe walsh is calling for a primary challenger to take on president donald trump in 2020, as he is reckoning with his past controversial comments and apologizing for his role in helping elect an "unfit con man" to the presidency.

People are jumping ship faster these days trying to get away from trump’s sinking ship.
rino
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies