Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 03:43 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times

Advertisements

All the democrats need to do is vote and win according to the constitution. Did less people come out and vote democrat in the last election? Why?

Old 08-19-2019, 04:22 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
I noticed every single one of my critics has dodged the main point of the thread

America went to war in order to bring democracy to all these other countries yet doesn't practice it with its own presidential election
Because your assertion is preposterous. Those that refuse to understand the well-founded rules of the game will continue to lose, and become marginalized.

For Democrats, that means on the outside looking in.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:45 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You keep doubling down on displaying your ignorance of the US electoral system. Have you considered learning the rules of the game?
I think they would rather lose and have another cryfest than learn how we have elected Presidents for 230 years....it was not a classified secret that we elect Presidents via the electoral college and I knew it since I was about 6 year old but apparently Dims are too dim to grasp that concept.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:53 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
I am painfully aware that the Electoral College defeats democracy

This is hilarious in that America literally goes to war under the preface that they are going to bring democracy to a country when they don't practice it here at home in our presidential election ( pretty suspicious that that is the only election that is not democratic)

Thanks for forcing democracy on us in South Africa worked out great

I'm not suggesting that the people burn down the White House or anything crazy like that but I wouldn't be shocked if something crazy happened...

disregard the majorities will and you will suffer the consequences in a long run... ask a South African
Why did you turn your backs on Rhodesia?

Old 08-19-2019, 06:55 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Just more proof that Democrats are spoiled children throwing a temper tantrum when they don't get what they want.

Here's a clue. We elect our presidents through the electoral college process. Want to win? 1) Run a decent campaign that is aimed at winning more electors. 2) Run a decent candidate, not the most corrupt and hated women in the country.

Willing the popular vote while losing the electoral is like winning the Special Olympics. The only one that cares is your mommy-and in the end you're still "special". Though not nearly as "special" as those that bring it up for 3 years....

Old 08-19-2019, 10:09 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You can't lose something you never competed for.

That's like you running across some imaginary finish line, in a race I was never running, and then proclaiming you beat me in a race.
Fine; let me be more specific. We will again have a President who had less support among the voters than his opponent.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:17 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
Quote:
I am painfully aware that the Electoral College defeats democracy

This is hilarious in that America literally goes to war under the preface that they are going to bring democracy to a country when they don't practice it here at home in our presidential election ( pretty suspicious that that is the only election that is not democratic)

Thanks for forcing democracy on us in South Africa worked out great

I'm not suggesting that the people burn down the White House or anything crazy like that but I wouldn't be shocked if something crazy happened...

disregard the majorities will and you will suffer the consequences in a long run... ask a South African

We in America don't live in a democracy where the unhinged rule....we live in a republic where the US Constitution rules and where laws matter.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:36 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
I noticed every single one of my critics has dodged the main point of the thread

America went to war in order to bring democracy to all these other countries yet doesn't practice it with its own presidential election
We need to assign the EC votes based proportionally instead of winner take all. Some states already do.

When one considers that 45% of the people who were eligible didn't vote, that Trump got 46% and Hillary 48 does not say much for some big win for Trump. Half of us didn't care enough to vote.

But we spend a lot of money world wide and kill a lot of people pushing democracy. Go figure

Old 08-19-2019, 10:39 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Football season is starting up, imagine some butthurt fan complaining that his team didn't really lose because they had more total yardage despite having fewer points.

Well gee, if the goal was total yards I would think anyone with a functional level of intelligence would recognize on their own that the strategies would have been different and thus we don't know how the total yards would have ended up under a different set of rules.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:21 PM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
I don't get the point of saying he is a "fake president."

That's not even accurate.

He won the electoral college, and lost the popular vote. But the electoral college is what determines the winner.

He might be fake in the OP's head, but to everyone else in the real world, he's legit.

Some people may not like him, or agree with him, but hey life ain't always fair folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies