Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 09:26 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,744,030 times

Advertisements

These groups need to post a sufficient bond to cover cost and damages before they are allowed to have a demonstration. There is sufficient evidence that there will be violence and property destruction and huge security costs associated with the demonstrations. They have stated that there is no real purpose to the demonstrations other than to generate news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 09:27 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It's their country. Not so much the case with 25% of the people who typically show up for leftist demonstrations.
Proud Boys founder:
“I want violence, I want punching in the face. I’m disappointed in Trump supporters for not punching enough.”

They are not good guys just defending themselves.
https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...015-story.html

Old 08-17-2019, 09:29 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Private property and owners shooting the tresspasser/troublemakers would stop all that nonsense real quick. More the case if the streets and sidewalks were privately owned, such demonstrations would never take place.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:31 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There is actual video of Proud boys saying that they are there today to clash with Anti-Fa and provoke them.

You believe what you want.

But your support of the Proud Boys is pathetic.

This is a gang war and not about left vs. right - unless you are so pathetically blindly loyal to a side that you have lost some of your humanity.
What the heck are you talking about, I'm not supporting the Proud Boys, I simply asked if any of you could provide an example were ANTIFA didn't initiate the violence.

This event showed yet again that ANTIFA initiated all the violence.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:32 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Proud Boys founder:
“I want violence, I want punching in the face. I’m disappointed in Trump supporters for not punching enough.”

They are not good guys just defending themselves.
https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...015-story.html

But it is their country. I doubt you will find any illegals among the ranks of the proud boys. A civil war is what the media and the leftist scumbags want. Chaos, shooting in the streets, how many proud boys were out there throwing hammers today? There's a lot of stupidity to go around on both sides, but that's exactly what you would expect at one of these ridiculous preplanned skirmished. And the media was pivotal in pumping this skirmish up beforehand, so as to assure it will be extra chaotic. They are turning this country into a mad house.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
But it is their country. I doubt you will find any illegals among the ranks of the proud boys. A civil war is what the media and the leftist scumbags want. Chaos, shooting in the streets, how many proud boys were out there throwing hammers today? There's a lot of stupidity to go around on both sides, but that's exactly what you would expect at one of these ridiculous preplanned skirmished. And the media was likely pivotal in pumping this skirmish up beforehand, so as to assure it will be extra chaotic.
What alternative reality is this?

Old 08-17-2019, 09:36 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What alternative reality is this?

I don't see proud boys carrying the hammer and cycle and demanding a glorious bloody red revolution.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:38 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Crazy leftist blocking roads and assaulting folks. And they’re supposed to be against violence.
Their tactics are much like the Sturmabteilung, aka brown shirts.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:39 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Makes me wonder when this will spread from Portland to other cities.

Just add Portland to a long list of unsafe cities in this country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

pic.twitter.com/Rx9KIIyXfW

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial
Because extremist from out-of-state decided to protest there? Maybe you should be more concerned about where they came from.

Last edited by vacoder; 08-17-2019 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-17-2019, 09:41 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
It's their country. Not so much the case with 25% of the people who typically show up for leftist demonstrations.
Link? Or just talking crap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies