Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 12:38 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Liberals see everything as a dichotomy of a power context of exploited/exploiter. In their view, Muslims are exploited or lack power, whereas Christians have power, so they must side with Muslims. Similarly, in their view, straight people have power while gay people do not. However, there is a hierarchy with Muslims being near the top - just below illegal immigrants.

As a liberal Christian (yes, we do exist), I 'side' with Christ, who sad "love one another."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 01:18 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
True, but in the US they want to "help" them unlearn being gay.

It's based on the belief many Christians have that they can "fix" gay people. The vast majority of Christians who want to "fix" them do so as an expression of helping not harming.

Obviously, gay people didn't learn to be gay, they werre born that way. God made gay people gay. God also gave me a wandering eye, and I'm not about to pluck it out.

And if anyone cares, I support gay couple adopting children as well.

Bad Pedro!

Old 08-19-2019, 01:28 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
The issue is that there is no coalition of muslims in america pushing ant-gay legislation. There is with christians blocs It is pretty simple.

Are you emotionally invested in anti-democratic forces in Russia and that are POTUS is cozying up to them? My guess is no. My guess is your position is to not get involved.
My position is that the left has invested itself in defending Muslims around the world.

Which anti-democratic forces would those be? Are they more guilty than our own Government of undermine legitimate governments around the world? If not or if more so we forfeit any moral high ground to complain about it, especially after the last 16 years.

You claim that there is no coalition of muslims in America pushing an anti gay legislation. That hardly qualifies as Muslims in America are gay friendly hahaha.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:19 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,180,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
As a liberal Christian (yes, we do exist), I 'side' with Christ, who sad "love one another."
Where are the heart emojis? And the hug emojis? And the wow, I love that emojis? And YES I love me some Christians even though I am not one. And yah that is how I remember Jesus being. And ... well... just ... Yes!!

Old 08-19-2019, 04:20 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,180,528 times
Ah the gender traitors.

I wonder what it must be like to live in such fear of something as benign as homosexuality that one would want to KILL for it?

Old 08-19-2019, 04:45 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,029,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?
Same reasons why the left claims to support feminism and the LGBT community, but turn a blind eye when transgender men are unfairly competing against women in sports, taking away women's chance to shine and win scholarships to universities.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:48 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Several Christian majority countries ban all homosexual relationship. The further away from major urban centers in these countries, the more likely consequences like stoning may occur.

Prior to 1963, all US states had laws against sodomy. Punishment was as harsh as life imprisonment in some states. Illinois was the first state to abolish such laws. 17 states followed. Some states dug their heels in.

In 1986, SCOTUS ruled state laws were constitutional. In 2003, SCOTUS ruled such laws unconstitutional.

I do not understand people’s obsession with other people’s sex lives nor the intent to deny people civil rights.
Which Christian nation engages in stoning, pray tell?

Old 08-19-2019, 05:06 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?
In the US, it's mainly Evangelical Christians - not Muslims or Jews - who oppose rights for the LGBTQ community and organized against them to prevent laws being passed to affirm their rights. The Christian Right are the ones who still picket with signs saying: "**** go to hell" and so on. I'm not aware of Muslim or Jewish groups doing this in the US or lobbying against gay rights. It is also the American Religious Right who brought their anti-gay agenda to Africa and supported punitive laws against homosexuality in countries like Uganda. Outside the US, In Latin America, the Catholic Church has largely prevented progress for LGBTQ rights in some countries.

There is certainly plenty of discrimination against the LGBTQ community by Muslims and Jews in Israel, the Middle East, and North Africa, but you don't see the organized lobbying against the gay community in the US by Muslim and Jewish groups. Evangelical Christians have a monopoly on anti-gay lobbying and rhetoric there.

But why stop at the three Abrahamic religions? As far as I know, the LGBTQ community isn't treated so well by fundamentalist Hindus in India or in conservative Buddhist nations.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:22 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:

You can love people without approving of their behavior.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:43 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Bad Pedro!
Lol.

Well, I'm honest.

Just PM'd you. Happy to see you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies