Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 11:01 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I don’t know about you but I have seen many self loathing white liberals. Just because a liberal is white does not mean he is not biased against his own people. White guilt is common among white liberals, although I admit I have no ide of what percentage of white liberals are like this. What I do know is that I have seen it over and over again, young white liberals railing against white people. I stand by the post I quoted and do believe it is a correct assessment.
Well, I might be liberal, white, and Christian, but I sure as heck am not young, so maybe that's why I don't identify with your POV.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:05 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I don’t know about you but I have seen many self loathing white liberals. Just because a liberal is white does not mean he is not biased against his own people.
I have no association with ANYONE who would say something like white people and "his[her] own people". THAT person is not MY people. No way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 11:09 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Easy answer to this question: Context matters.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:10 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I have no association with ANYONE who would say something like white people and "his[her] own people". THAT person is not MY people. No way.
Racial and religious minorities will most certainly talk about "their own people."

Old 08-19-2019, 11:14 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Racial and religious minorities will most certainly talk about "their own people."
There is a lot of history and context here.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:15 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?
.. because if you have said something anti-Christianity, your head would still be on your shoulder.

People like to pick on somebody who don't fight back. Overwhelming majority of the SJW types are cowards.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:18 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
That’s an easy one
The Christians turn the other cheek the Muslims break yours

Old 08-19-2019, 11:28 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?
Either you want Christians to be the majority in this country, or you don't. If you do, people will mark some Christians as "ant homosexual" because they affect everyday life, where a minority religion does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Persecution? The only real "persecution" would be the sizeable number of Christians who believe they are helping with conversion therapy.

I believe conversion therapy is bunk, but they are doing it out of the belief they are helping gay people.
Wow, that's delusional.

Quote:
Not yet anyway. But you people on the left Embrace Islamic people who would like nothing better than to cut your throat because you are not one of them. Islam is the most intolerant of religions in the world but yet you attack Christianity Christianity is not throwing people off a roof because they are homosexual Christianity is not forcing women to cover up the entire heads except the rise of their women like Islam does but yet you people Embrace Islam. Judaism is about the first testament in the Bible and there's many anti-homosexual references in there as well
Wut?

Old 08-19-2019, 11:29 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
There is a lot of history and context here.
Is it wrong for "whites" then to express such sentiments?

I mean they kinda already do, if the "white flight" phenomenon is anything to go by...

Old 08-19-2019, 11:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Either you want Christians to be the majority in this country, or you don't. If you do, people will mark some Christians as "ant homosexual" because they affect everyday life, where a minority religion does not.

Wow, that's delusional.

Wut?
Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies