Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 11:26 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
San Franisco has alot of issues, I agree with that part. But some people are using it as an attempt to make San Francisco their "whipping boy". I used to work in the city of Atlanta. Alot of crime goes on there. While the murder rate has been dropping, it's still higher than San Francisco. And theft is a rampant problem in Atlanta. I've been a theft victim both in Atlanta proper and the suburbs (on a college campus no less). Atlanta is one of the worst cities in the USA in terms of car theft.
That's an understatement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 11:30 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Why were they so soft on the brazen idiot who smashed and grabbed??? They should have also had police involved to arrest the idiot once they tracked him down, instead of just interviewing him. That's why these people continue to do stuff like that because they get away with it or get a slap on the wrist.
You don't think the police would actually bother to arrest him, do you? Why bother when the court system refuses to do its job and just releases the critters back on the streets.

Old 08-20-2019, 11:58 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You don't think the police would actually bother to arrest him, do you? Why bother when the court system refuses to do its job and just releases the critters back on the streets.
It's kind of libertarian playground for the criminals. Yet if you try to defend yourself or your property it is not allowed. Quite one sided I would say.

In non-clown world the owners of those expensive homes would be able and willing to protect their street. They could just have rifles with scopes and laser sites pointed down toward their vehicles and something tells me those libertarian thieves would give a second thought.

But as long as people find this kind of place "desirable" the clowns and their clown-masters can do whatever they want.

I would not ever be able to sleep with that going on outside my window, I'd be rightfully petrified and disgusted, and if I was married and my spouse wouldn't agree to move, I would leave anyway. See ya babe, not living in the epicenter of an overpriced filth and crime ridden Clown World for anyone or anything.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:06 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Shrug, it’s a fact. Why does that bother you?
Another fact: crime happens everywhere. Not a story.
It doesn't bother me at all, I find it hilarious that most of the people who constantly point out how desirable places like San Francisco are usually can't even dream of affording to live in the homes or areas that are truly desirable. The majority of the people who continually boast about these great cities do so from their pathetically small and dingy apartment while trying to decide which of their cats is really their BFF.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:08 PM

I grew up in San Fransicko during my childhood. At 10 years old we moved to a much better place along the peninsula. For many years I'd go up to the city but it's got to the place where I won't go anymore. the last time I went was when the kid playing Pokémon on his cell phone got shot and killed at Aquatic Park. The place is an absolute hole. But what to expect from the demolib leadership that has been running it for decades now. The last two mayors really effed it up something fierce. Newsom and now Breed. Complete farce.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:09 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
All this proves is that the crew were either unlucky, or took a significant risk. San Francisco has the 15th highest crime rate in the country and is the number 1 city for property crime. However, California also has some of the safest cities in the country. There are criminals in every state; it all depends on where you go.
The crime rate is based on police reports, most small property crimes never gets reported because the police don't have time to show up and write up a report for every smash and grab that takes place.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:17 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
ah yes, the glittering streets of San Fran (from all the shattered car window glass).

Old 08-20-2019, 09:34 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
My first reaction: "Why did you leave $1,000's of dollars of equipment in full view for the thieves to steal when you just had the speaker and the purse stolen out of another car?"
My first reaction to that is "Why are you saying that the victims were to blame?"

Well, of course, they should have taken some better precautions, but I really do hate this "blame the victim" type of thinking!

Old 08-21-2019, 10:45 AM

Just yesterday on the local evening news, two stories were run about two separate crimes committed in San Fransicko. One involved a break-in at a company on Fisherman's Wharf. But the second one was in regards to a homeless guy strangling a shop owner out on the sidewalk in front of his business. The shop owners son came out with a bat to help fend off his father's attacker. A bunch of people standing around was heard ordering the boy not to use the bat, even though the attacker had his father in a choke hold. Lucky I wasn't that kid. I would have parked that joker's head in the cheap seats.

This week alone:

San Francisco truffle-shop owner attacked, teen son comes to his rescue - Story | KTVU

https://kcbsradio.radio.com/blogs/ti...rancisco-judge

And an update on the incident where the transient attacked the woman at her condominium building:

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2019/08...rlier-assault/

Last edited by FC76-81; 08-21-2019 at 11:20 AM..

Old 08-21-2019, 10:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It doesn't bother me at all, I find it hilarious that most of the people who constantly point out how desirable places like San Francisco are usually can't even dream of affording to live in the homes or areas that are truly desirable. The majority of the people who continually boast about these great cities do so from their pathetically small and dingy apartment while trying to decide which of their cats is really their BFF.
Uh huh. And then we have the keyboard commandos living in their grungy little apartments in Nowhere, USA making claims about cities they have never even visited, much less find it on a map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies