Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 09:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
By far the dumbest statement in your post.

I'll offer another reason.

How about because I'd like to be able to socialize with other people I want to be with without being harassed or looked down on?
Its not dumb. If you are socializing with people who would look down on you (why would you want to, again?) then keep it to yourself. Problem solved. People can still make up their own minds, and you can choose who it is with whom you socialize.

Outside of that, society doesn't owe you its well-being for your personal issue. You people are not the snowflakes that you think that you are. None of us are. That you would think that society owes you a complete revamping of how it conceives of sexuality reveals a deep selfishness. Selfishness being a group political trait that is irrationally pushing the envelope and jeopardizing your long term rights as a group, whether you realize it or not.

What's utterly dumb is the rest of the identity and gender nonsense that has come with homosexual rights and most fervently after your court-legislated right to "marriage". If I were gay, I'd be fighting that tooth and nail because it is going to take your group with it when society finally gets fed up.

Last edited by golgi1; 08-30-2019 at 09:19 PM..

Old 08-30-2019, 09:10 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
Is it something to be ashamed of? Proud of? Or neither of those?
My take is who cares. Everyone should be proud of who they are. We are not all alike and there should be no prejudice against anyone who some deem as different.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:20 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
It's surprising to read through this thread and see how many people felt inspired to write either "don't care" or "it's none of my business". Cultural conservatives seems to have almost completely given up on this issue.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:40 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Its not dumb. If you are socializing with people who would look down on you (why would you want to, again?) then keep it to yourself. Problem solved. People can still make up their own minds, and you can choose who it is with whom you socialize.

Outside of that, society doesn't owe you its well-being for your personal issue. You people are not the snowflakes that you think that you are. None of us are. That you would think that society owes you a complete revamping of how it conceives of sexuality reveals a deep selfishness. Selfishness being a group political trait that is irrationally pushing the envelope and jeopardizing your long term rights as a group, whether you realize it or not.

What's utterly dumb is the rest of the identity and gender nonsense that has come with homosexual rights and most fervently after your court-legislated right to "marriage". If I were gay, I'd be fighting that tooth and nail because it is going to take your group with it when society finally gets fed up.
I don’t need to keep it to myself. Thankfully we’ve moved past such intolerance.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:16 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
I have no issue with homosexuality. I want them to be as happy as the next man or woman. May all of God's blessings be bestowed upon them and their lives. But I will say this...I have met my fair share of gay men over the years...who've had issues with containing their sexual lust for strangers. Like myself for example. I've had some pretty uncomfortable experiences over the years. From a gym that I used to work out at.. too other areas of my life where I have encountered gay men or gay couples. I will spare you the details. And this is not all of them by any means. I know men can wear their lust on their sleeves for women....I'll say no more at this point. I'm sure u catch my drift.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Because homosexuality is a biologically and socially useless aberration. Its normalization can only do wider social harm. There is zero wider social upside to its normalization. Hence, there is zero reason for society to normalize it. There is only risk.

IE: the harm that comes from the obvious and very fast moving (after legalized homosexual marriage) slippery slope that now has people demanding that everyone see gender as "fluid". Which is a gross denial of reality and which is a movement that is tempting oppressive measures to make people deny reality in favor of ideology, is having clueless and confused kids take puberty stifling hormones with legal pediatric genital mutilation surgery on the horizon, etc.. This is very quickly realized social harm at a deep level.

This one reason why homosexuality cannot be normalized, but at the same time those who identify as homosexual should not have their private behavior suppressed (to deter revolutionary behavior, if nothing else). This is the best compromise for homosexuals and society. The Left's primary issue, and therefore this nation's primary issue, is the Left's lack of Will to make reasonable social compromises. Without that, you'll eventually destroy this nation. The downstream social effects of transexual progressive politics are well over that line, again as one example.

Homosexuals have no legitimate platform to want homosexual behavior to be socially normalized, other than spite. They should instead prioritize society's well being, as we all must do on some issues.

Pushing what feels politically good for homosexuals, all of the time and without compromise, is destructive to society and will eventually lead to a retraction of the Rights that they have won when society eventually lashes back after seeing the envelope pushed ever further after giving in to homosexual marriage. Homosexuals should be content with being unharrased in regard to their preferences and in return they should allow heteronormative society otherwise to do what is best for it in all regards. Remember, society has no biological use for homosexuals. It does not need to make a single concession. We all have our burdens, often carried for the benefit of greater society. Aberrant and socially useless sexual preference is that burden for homosexuals.
In other words, it's nearly the year 2020, and homosexuals are still being scapegoated for causing the ills of the world or threatening to create new ones.

Old 08-31-2019, 05:09 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I don’t need to keep it to myself. Thankfully we’ve moved past such intolerance.
The sad thing, or maybe the good thing?, is that for many people they haven't moved past this intolerance. The maybe good thing is that the current social climate of the bigots feeling free to speak is that we no longer have to pretend we all have. This hate is not in the closet. Maybe we can deal with it in the light.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:15 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I agree with this. Why the need to announce it all the time.
Because it is disruptive to others, to society as a whole. And that ties directly to the force that drives them. Aberrant sexuality is but one of a myriad of options available for that purpose.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:28 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Naturally Normal.
The other stagnates mankind into extinction.

Or maybe helps control explosive population growth which is far more of a concern for extinction.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:33 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Whatever, none of my business.

But I am kinda tired of so much gaycentrism being pushed everywhere.
That's my view. I don't care what others do for sex. But I am tired of Hollywood overloading everything they do with homosexuals. They make up a tiny percentage of the population but a huge percentage of Hollywood's products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies