Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 04:02 PM

13,247 posts, read 7,304,105 times

Advertisements

Most economist and market pundit's are wrong when they try to predict the future. How many times have you heard some oil analyst say oil was going to 100 then it falls to 50. Everyday on CNBC there is someone who "suggest" a market is going to go somewhere wall street is mostly made up of money making schemes off speculation of the ill-informed.

Much like the gold rush in western US, or Alaska the people who made all the money were the suppliers while 1% ever made billions on actually finding gold.

Don't ever make a financial decision based on market news, forum post, pundit's, or analyst. I have to admit I have done it learned my lesson lost out on some big stock moves because of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 05:21 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Inverted yield curve and still no recession....
The media is devastated.
I know reading is hard.

THe inverted yield curve is a 'forecast' of things to come. It can be a month or even a year......but since 1955 every inverted yield curve has happened before a recession or downturn.

Think about it -- it means people feel less confident in what will happen later rather than sooner.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Most economist and market pundit's are wrong when they try to predict the future. How many times have you heard some oil analyst say oil was going to 100 then it falls to 50. Everyday on CNBC there is someone who "suggest" a market is going to go somewhere wall street is mostly made up of money making schemes off speculation of the ill-informed.

Much like the gold rush in western US, or Alaska the people who made all the money were the suppliers while 1% ever made billions on actually finding gold.

Don't ever make a financial decision based on market news, forum post, pundit's, or analyst. I have to admit I have done it learned my lesson lost out on some big stock moves because of it.
Every financial decision is based on some kind of market news, forecast, analyst........

Nobody just randomly decides -- hey I'm going to ignore everything and just do what I want - and then make millions based on that.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:38 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Historian Who Predicted the 2008 Financial Crisis Warns the Next Recession Is Near https://observer.com/2018/03/niall-f...ecession-near/
Maybe I read it wrong, but is he actually saying positive things about the Federal Reserve's role during the recession? If so, his credibility goes out the window for me. They did the equivalent of feeding more alcohol to a hungover friend to fix their nausea...technically it works, but you're just putting off the problem and making it worse down the line.

That's why Trump should never have taken credit for the economy. When it crashes, he gets the blame and attention that the FED should be getting.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:52 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Maybe I read it wrong, but is he actually saying positive things about the Federal Reserve's role during the recession? If so, his credibility goes out the window for me. They did the equivalent of feeding more alcohol to a hungover friend to fix their nausea...technically it works, but you're just putting off the problem and making it worse down the line.

That's why Trump should never have taken credit for the economy. When it crashes, he gets the blame and attention that the FED should be getting.
True.

But the Fed owns Trump.

Actually the Fed owns all of us but I digress.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:00 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,418,407 times
Why even listen to ANYTHING the liberal bias media has to say. We know what they will say before they even say it......

Old 08-25-2019, 06:06 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
What's the deal with making this a partisan issue?
Yeah, what's up with that?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ca..._08222019.html

Old 08-25-2019, 06:12 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Why even listen to ANYTHING the liberal bias media has to say. We know what they will say before they even say it......
Well when the 10 year dropped below the 2 year the media is going to report it.....

Old 08-25-2019, 06:20 PM

952 posts, read 323,747 times
The " White Nationalist " psycho hoax going nowhere they really had no choice but to move on to the next psycho hoax
de jour .
It will be back to "impeachment " again by next week .
They are not "running out" of bullets , they are all out of bullets .
Trump has beaten them severely & non-stop for three years and counting .
It is the political equivalent of the battered and abused spouse syndrome .

Old 08-25-2019, 06:27 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Perhaps, instead, you should listen to the yield curve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies