Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 07:23 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Rasmeussen has continually proven to be the least accurate polling platform.
This is not true. In 2004, 2006 and 2016 to name a few, they were the most accurate. In 2018, all polls got it wrong, since results were mixed (Democrats picking up in the house but losing in the Senate and key gubernatorial races).

Old 08-21-2019, 07:26 PM

1,991 posts, read 899,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Most Americans are rational, sane people and want nothing to do with the policies the loony left would inflict upon us.
As apposed to the the guy who claims to be the “Chosen One”? Yeah, whatever.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:32 PM

17,606 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
As apposed to the the guy who claims to be the “Chosen One”? Yeah, whatever.
I don't care what he says, I care about what he does.

And a comparison between what Trump's done vs. what Obama did and what any Democrat would do shows that Trump wins handily.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:36 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
What do you expect with a good economy and a gaff machine as the front runner.....

Old 08-21-2019, 07:50 PM

101 posts, read 127,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
He'll win. Things must be evened out. The libs got two terms, Trump gets two. It's a given. The economy doesn't even matter at this point. It's values and likeness. The country is also turning more and more red every single day. So after Trump will be Pence. Or maybe a third term for Trump.
I wouldn’t say the county is turning more red, the country is very divided but the electoral map is most favorable at the moment for the GOP. With the electoral college, the only states that really matter in he election are Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona and the democrats will probably only win two or three of them at best. Donald Trump’s 216 campaign where he made trade and America first a central issue of his campaign was brilliant, because it gave him a fighting chance in the election to spur and rally independent and republicans voters in these states to turn out for him and put states originally thought to be favored towards the democrats in play such as PA, Mi, and Wisconsin.

I think they will take back Michigan and maybe Wisconsin, but it’s PA that will probably decide the election. Whoever wins and gets support in Pennsylvania will get the White House.

I think we well see a very close election from the electoral standpoint regardless of the democrats retaining popular vote which doesn’t mean anything. In our system. Those polls might be accurate, but you have to remember these polls are done with popular vote in mind, not electoral college which is what matters.

I’m predicting 260 GOP to 258 on the map with Wisconsin and Michigan reverting back but Pennsylvania being the wildcard. I think Florida, Arizona will be close but possible GOP lean
. The election will Not be a landslide for either party.

Either way this will be one of he closest elections in U.S history and most critical.
It will come down to a couple states and a few thousand voters. All eyes on Pennsylvania

Last edited by mttzakr87; 08-21-2019 at 08:04 PM..

Old 08-21-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
This is not true. In 2004, 2006 and 2016 to name a few, they were the most accurate. In 2018, all polls got it wrong, since results were mixed (Democrats picking up in the house but losing in the Senate and key gubernatorial races).
Polls mean nothing....turnout on the day of the election does.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:58 PM

952 posts, read 323,546 times
In a related story 87% of registered democrats believe their frontrunner will gaff himself to death before Christmas and another 63% are hoping it will not take that long .

Old 08-21-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttzakr87 View Post
Polls mean nothing....turnout on the day of the election does.
Yeah. And that's worth repeating. Not all polls measure the same thing. Some polls measure all eligible voters, some registered voters, and others measure 'likely' voters (predicting who will turn out). A lot of people like to post polls side by side like they're measuring the same thing when most are not.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Yeah. And that's worth repeating. Not all polls measure the same thing. Some polls measure all eligible voters, some registered voters, and others measure 'likely' voters (predicting who will turn out). A lot of people like to post polls side by side like they're measuring the same thing when most are not.
One thing I’ll say as an independent voter....there is NOT a single democratic candidate out there that is really exciting for their base like Trump was In ‘16 and Obama was in ‘08. We’re going to Joe Biden and that’s the boring and safe choice, doesn’t do anything for anyone to excite his base. Bernie can do that, but he will NEVER be the nominee. Warren doesn’t do it. And nobody wants Kamala Harris.

I could get behind Mayor Pete, and Tulsi Gabbard, I love their history of service to the country, but I think Gabbards best chance of becoming a nominee in the future is turning republican because the Democratic Party and the DNC would not be favorable of that choice, and I think they would do everything possible to make sure she never gets the nominee. Those are candidates who need time ( future), publicity and screen time which they don’t get, and the money and fundraising along with an excellent campaign management team with a good strategy to compete with the bigger names in the party.

In 2020, the democrats are hoping that the motivating factor of hating Donald trump is enough to inspire voters to the polls, and I think against Trump, that’s a risky bet to take.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttzakr87 View Post
One thing I’ll say as an independent voter....there is NOT a single democratic candidate out there that is really exciting for their base like Trump was In ‘16 and Obama was in ‘08. We’re going to Joe Biden and that’s the boring and safe choice, doesn’t do anything for anyone to excite his base. Bernie can do that, but he will NEVER be the nominee. Warren doesn’t do it. And nobody wants Kamala Harris.

I could get behind Mayor Pete, and Tulsi Gabbard, I love their history of service to the country, but I think Gabbards best chance of becoming a nominee in the future is turning republican because the Democratic Party and the DNC would not be favorable of that choice, and I think they would do everything possible to make sure she never gets the nominee. Those are candidates who need time ( future), publicity and screen time which they don’t get, and the money and fundraising along with an excellent campaign management team with a good strategy to compete with the bigger names in the party.

In 2020, the democrats are hoping that the motivating factor of hating Donald trump is enough to inspire voters to the polls, and I think against Trump, that’s a risky bet to take.
I could also vote for Gabbard, Pete is just a very smart but also transparent politician. I won't vote for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies