Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 10:07 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,015,891 times

Advertisements

One day he wants to cut payroll taxes and the very next he doesn’t. That should tell you enough...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 10:15 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
No one I know cares about those illegal border jumpers being separated up on the border. In fact, we want this invasion, and yes I will use that word, stopped and stopped as soon as possible. If separating families is what it takes, then that's what it takes. They shouldn't even be on our border so they have no right to complain. If they don't like, turn their butts around and head back south.

Of course, the media tries to present a narrative that Americans are against separating of families. They do this because some people are cowards and would rather pretend they're for something if they feel the majority is against them.

Good thing your ancestors , who came from other countries, did not run into the hatred and selfishness you are stating. Otherwise, you might be speaking some other language right now. Yeah, I know, we got ours, screw everyone else, right ?

Old 08-22-2019, 10:26 AM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump lies so much he can’t remember what his last lies were. And he’s the President! What a great example for our kids...

There's been a few times I've wondered how a Trump-supporting family would react if one or more of their kids starting saying "grab 'em by the p**sy" and the child/teen knew what that meant and was using it exactly how Trump meant it.

Would the parents punish the child? Praise the child? Afterall, if it's something their dear leader, the almighty chosen one said, does that mean it's OK for the kids to repeat since prez says it?

Is it OK if the kids start calling other countries "s*itholes?" Parents would like that? Prez has said it more than once.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Pretty simple explanation, same as for every lie that comes out of his putrid mouth; he is a narcissistic sociopath. Has he EVER uttered the truth about anything? Nothing new here.
He's a pathological liar (documented thousands of times). For some reason his supporters don't care.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:32 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,298,018 times
There's an explosion in this country of brash, self-entitled people who will do or say anything to get attention, get their way, or just because they feel they can. Trump is an example of these. How we got to where we are, where so many people think like this man, is really scary.

I just hope that because things usually go in cycles, that we turn this around somehow - and soon.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:39 AM

When you put a reality TV star, known con man, patho liar into the most important job in the country, this is what results. It's like Jerry Springer politico trainwreck edition.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:43 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
No one I know cares about those illegal border jumpers being separated up on the border. In fact, we want this invasion, and yes I will use that word, stopped and stopped as soon as possible. If separating families is what it takes, then that's what it takes. They shouldn't even be on our border so they have no right to complain. If they don't like, turn their butts around and head back south.

Of course, the media tries to present a narrative that Americans are against separating of families. They do this because some people are cowards and would rather pretend they're for something if they feel the majority is against them.
That’s because we ARE against separating families. Duh. People like you, who continue to screech “WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN??” are not.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:48 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
I really think in that addled brain of his, Trump cannot tell the difference between truth and lies, fact and fiction or rational and crazy. His mind is shot. The guy is literally living in an alternate reality.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:52 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Good thing your ancestors , who came from other countries, did not run into the hatred and selfishness you are stating. Otherwise, you might be speaking some other language right now. Yeah, I know, we got ours, screw everyone else, right ?
It's almost like you have a chord straight from CNN headquarters to your brain and you repeat everything the talking heads say uncritically. What you said makes no sense in the context of illegal immigration. No matter where you want to set the limit, we need to enforce those limits and keep illegals out of the country. You want to let more people in (why?, you live in Florida, not enough people there for you?), then go ahead and create a bill and see if the American people agree. BUT NO ILLEGALS.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:59 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
There's been a few times I've wondered how a Trump-supporting family would react if one or more of their kids starting saying "grab 'em by the p**sy" and the child/teen knew what that meant and was using it exactly how Trump meant it.

Would the parents punish the child? Praise the child? Afterall, if it's something their dear leader, the almighty chosen one said, does that mean it's OK for the kids to repeat since prez says it?

Is it OK if the kids start calling other countries "s*itholes?" Parents would like that? Prez has said it more than once.
Well Im sure male members of many families have said the same or similar. Like trump it was most likely said in private among peers. I bet some people would be supervised at what is said in private if they were to hear recordings of those private conversations.

You act as though the average American family is very pious. You get out much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies