Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 12:06 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,585,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Democracy Now, NPR, NYTimes, SFChronicle, CNN, and CBC.

News pieces can be cross verified with other outlets. Don’t trust social media, blogs, talk radio and definitely not opinion shows masquerading as news.
Everything you listed is propaganda masquerading as news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 12:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Everything you listed is propaganda masquerading as news.
Nope, that’s what you’ve been told to think.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No you’re not. You people instantly screech “fake news” at every single story that comes out. You don’t even bother to analyze, you knee jerk react with the same boring reaction time after time. And the only reason you do is because trump told you to. You guys don’t bother to think for yourself. That’s why you guys have lost your credibility.
It's the media that has lost all credibility.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Nope, that’s what you’ve been told to think.
Nobody tells me what to think. And no, I don't get my news from breitbart or Faux News.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:15 PM

I find One America News to be pretty neutral in its reporting.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:24 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Interesting to compare how news was reported 50 years ago to the way it is reported now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Tty29I9m0

No (or very little) apparent emotion, no speechifying, just the facts.
walter kronkite taking off his glasses to tell about jfk's assassination was about as emotional as it got in those days.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:34 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
There was no Russia hoax because he did indeed get help from Russia but anyway, the NYT is only the 3rd best newspaper on the planet. What is your source for news?

https://topyaps.com/top-10-newspapers-of-the-world/
topyaps? who's gonna argue with that quality source?

Old 08-22-2019, 12:34 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,974,985 times
4chan and 8chan's Politically Incorrect boards (there are several other boards like /biz/ which has made me alot of money in crypto) have literally been the most correct over the past 10 or so years with the news. I used to think they were all crazy when I was an MSNBC/CNN fanboy, but 2016 opened my eyes up to a lot because they called things months before it happened, or broke down media stories into what they really were. They were saying Nate Silver would be wrong for more than 7 months.

What makes those sites good is there is no rating system which pushes popular/unpopular posts. If you say something dumb, you'll get called out. If you say something smart, you'll get kudos. Plus, there's a lot of people with autism on those sites so they really get deep in the weeds and uncover a lot of stuff. For example, much of the Epstein news, such as the Zorro Ranch thing that the news is just now talking about this week, has been discussed for years on 4chan/8chan.

The problem with those two sites is sometimes people post an image that's NSFW. Luckily all images are in a tiny window unless you expand it but still very random. Also there have been "mass shooters" that have posted their manifestos on 8chan in particular. Many think these were planned takedowns because of how unfiltered the site is and the news that gets broken. Both were becoming pretty influential. For example, Epstein's death was broken an hour before ANY news media outlet had the story. There have been plenty of other discussions too, like the Rothschild family member who posted on 4chan in 2011 and made a bunch of predictions that have mostly all come through.

CNN? Fox? MSNBC? WSJ? NBC? CBS? HuffPo? Rush? Nah... none of those places will give you the straight news as it's all biased opinion and they receive orders from their masters. There is a reason why Israeli and Russian bots infiltrate the chans during election time. They are very influential and the memes that traveled to Twitter and Facebook helped Trump win.

What they're doing now is creating social media accounts pretending to be Jews and I can't believe how it's been working so far. They are changing opinions. It's almost like hiding in plain-sight but it's worked out tremendously: https://slate.com/technology/2019/08...ers-again.html

Quote:
They tweeted things like “I am Jewish and see…hatred towards European people from Jews every day” and “I can’t tell you how saddening it is to hear my fellow Jews talking down to people of color – referring to them as mere goyem trash.” They had names like Simon Edelson and Chaim Adelberg.
It's genius and has confused people who don't know which side to pick (see Trump's statements yesterday as well).

Old 08-22-2019, 12:36 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
The Trumpies want you to think there are no reliable news outlets. They, of course, are wrong.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:39 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I block out almost everything. If I lived alone, I’d never turn on the TV. I am really only interested in local news, so i read the local paper. The national news is really just “same ****, different day”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies