Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 09:53 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And what were the circumstances? Are you suggesting there is no difference in lethalness of a fire arm? If so then logically you should not have any complaints against restrictions. Such as rifles only with bolt action.
The piint is that basically any rifle can be termed "sniper rifle".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 09:56 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,492,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The piint is that basically any rifle can be termed "sniper rifle".
And that is why we need adult dialogue.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:01 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Most gun grabbers have zero interest in either adult dialogue or individual freedom.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:01 PM

46,274 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:

Quote:
And what were the circumstances? Are you suggesting there is no difference in lethalness of a fire arm? If so then logically you should not have any complaints against restrictions. Such as rifles only with bolt action.

Yes, I agree...... Re-read you post and then lets talk about "adult dialogue."

So, are you saying that if you are killed with a 9mm versus a .270.....you are not dead?

Logic, you have no logic in your post.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:03 PM

46,274 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Most gun grabbers have zero interest in either adult dialogue or individual freedom.

Nor do they have any interest in understanding what they are discussion...they just blather what they are told to blather....

Old 08-24-2019, 02:46 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,969,723 times
What does someone think when they are being a sharp shooter?

Me, generally 2, 3 things. Activate where I come up on sights, the sling wrapped around my support arm, the rifle pulled tight into my body, my cheek welded to it, safety flicked to fire. Acquire target lock as I hold my breath, try to lock the post on the target for that necessary fraction of a second to fire. And.......
.......the growing fatigue factor that says break off, flick to safe, don't do the shot because you have to, that time is running out.

It is sort of, I guess, like they say in DS9 "Field of Fire" of "you're calm, focused, in control". That can lead to the after thoughts of "I am the best!" or at least, "In or out of the cockpit, I am still the best shot you've got.".

While the range is about an hour away, I still yearn to go there as often as I can, when decadent chasing of rainbows hasn't kicked in, for it is what it is to be professional.

When I was younger, when "everyone" was saying how great they were at this or that, I "comforted" myself of what a great shot I was. Now, with the combat suite extending into so much, precision is it's own reward.

Seeing the world from this sphere, what is the view of a mass shooter? Undisciplined, unpracticed, a rank amateur without a care for the art, someone who's high view of themselves needs to be yanked down to zero, who sees marksmanship of how much lead can be fired (it's a line from "High Risk") and not of putting rounds on target............

..........."and not some scum who should be exterminated slowly?". Well, no........because as I said in the psychology thread about telling someone off if there were no consequence.......I am always in control. I am too well trained, focused, disciplined, even very proud to engage in out of control emotions such has hate and fury.

How have I come to such control? Probably through marksmanship, the control of the mind, the emotions, the body, to calm ones self and put rounds on target. Clear the mind, don't think about who cut you off in traffic 10 minutes ago, clear the mind, bring the emotion levels to zero, bring it all down, and put rounds on target.

The current course of this thread does sound like the Black Death where something that could be an aid is being tossed out, just like the cats.

Just as I have my detox clocks to obey because I carry a gun, I find that this discipline of the art is a lot better than popping pills.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:44 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,612,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Once again, cops kill more people in one year than all mass shootings in 10 years combined.

Do you agree that cops should be disarmed?
Cops in Houston just charged with murder. Shot and killed innocent civilians. Where are the protests?

Old 08-24-2019, 09:16 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Cops in Houston just charged with murder. Shot and killed innocent civilians. Where are the protests?
The skin color of the victims and the cop don't fit the narrative.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:14 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
"Cops in Houston just charged with murder." Every single one of them? Over exaggeration is a reason many DON'T believe what liberals say.

Bill clinton, a dem, is a PROVEN LIAR. Does that make EVERY dem a liar?

Old 08-24-2019, 01:01 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
I referenced a sniper from WW2 that shot over 700 people and your first question to me is to ask what the circumstances were? Well you see, there was this guy hiding and then he shot some Germans from far off. I hope that clears up that question for you.

I'm merely pointing out the obvious, that an "actual" sniper rifle doesn't seem to be the types of rifles that they're actually trying to propose restrictions on.

Logically, if you want to propose restrictions on something you should correctly describe them rather than try to make up new terms or words or sexy-sounding new definitions that play well with those that have never held a gun in their life and would believe you if you said that you were mugged by a guy holding a 120mm handgun.

Your 2nd sentence was a strawman with no bearing to my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies